• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The neoGAF E3 2013 Rumour Tracking List

Amir0x

Banned
Wut? Is there any actual evidence of this?

The Wii U "prophet" topic. I don't hold much stock in it myself, but the topic is big and it's definitely a minted rumour that started on neoGAF that a lot of people bought into, so it's included to see if it's accurate

Amir0x

Banned
everything I've got here comes from a neoGAF user of some sort, but I don't want to post links directly to the posts because, well, i don't want people to not feel like they can't ever post rumours here :p

The whole point of this exercise is to track the rumours, not try to discover who said them and blow their spots. I can source them well, and that's why they're in my OP - because I know they're sourced

Will Kingdom Hearts PS4 or Demon's Souls 2 be at E3? Dont want to include them on an E3 list if they're not likely to be shown there...

My opinion is that a KH3 announcement is unlikely, KH 2.5 is more likely. But I got the sense the Demons Souls 2 is at least potentially an E3 announcement.

I mean it was posted in the E3 thread after all

i am just an average dude but if i am being serious, all the rumors relating to exclusive deals seems to be part of the "tales from my ass" series

Baby Milo

everything I've got here comes from a neoGAF user of some sort, but I don't want to post links directly to the posts because, well, i don't want people to not feel like they can't ever post rumours here :p

The whole point of this exercise is to track the rumours, not try to discover who said them and blow their spots. I can source them well, and that's why they're in my OP - because I know they're sourced

i dunno man people were predicting every other game on the planet to be exclusive to the xbone before there conference

In regards to KH3, they've already said that it's not coming out until Versus has been finished and released, so hopefully Square's "announcement" of a PS4 title means we're actually getting the damn game this year.

Amir0x

Banned
i dunno man people were predicting every other game on the planet to be exclusive to the xbone before there conference

Well all I can say is plenty of people are sourcing their rumours in this topic and I'm adding them into the OP so you can look through those, but you're going to have to trust me on the ones I put up there - I just don't feel right blowing any neoGAFers spot. Many people fight pretty hard not to be put in the spotlight so they can share information, so it's not going to be me that puts out their names. I can only say that for the Xbox One stuff, the person who said it got some stuff so scarily accurate about the Xbox One Reveal conference that I can only say SOME of it must be true.

salromano

The Examiner link links to the Swedish shop.

The Swedish shop isn't credible at all. It's like they took everything everyone wanted or speculated and put up listings for it.

Persona 5 is in development, Atlus staff have confirmed this. But there haven't been any rumors about it coming to PlayStation 4.

Amir0x

Banned
Fallout 4 and Mirrors Edge 2 being exclusive would be huge for me.....damn

It is said by the source for Mirror's Edge 2 that it'll come to PC as well. I suspect so will Fallout 4. But I can't source that Fallout 4 rumour at the moment, so I'm still looking for that.

guys, i just had a crazy idea..what if microsoft hires insomniac to make a new banjo kazooie game ? given their history with platformers, it can actually turn out really well or really bad

● Star Tropics by Retro Studios

retrofkrv5.gif

guys, i think i just had a crazy idea..what if microsoft hires insomniac to make a new banjo kazooie game ? given their history with platformers, it can actually turn out really well or really bad

Microsoft's already confirmed that Rare's working on a "historic IP" for the Xbox One. Why would Insomniac be involved if it's not their IP to begin with?

TDLink

The other Mario Kart rumour floating around (And one I find more probable) is that the Wii U Mario Kart will be a crossover with Sonic All Stars Racing or feature Sonic characters. Possibly developed by SUMO based on their twitter comments. It would also fulfill the "Third Nintendo exclusive Sonic game" spot, which the German branch has confirmed will be this year.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558984

Where did the KH 2.5 for PS4 come from? I never heard of that and it'll most likely be on PS3.

I don't think it'd be on PS3. Sony knows how much people love Kingdom Hearts, it could become a huge selling point for the PS4. Same with KH3 when (or, at this rate, if) it ever sees the light of day.

GAMERG0D

The other Mario Kart rumour floating around (And one I find more probable) is that the Wii U Mario Kart will be a crossover with Sonic All Stars Racing or feature Sonic characters. Possibly developed by SUMO based on their twitter comments. It would also fulfill the "Third Nintendo exclusive Sonic game" spot, which the German branch has confirmed will be this year.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558984
Ggox9zv.png

Of course Mario Kart could feature Sonic characters but might not be a Sonic game in its own right.

That seems bananas to me, why would Nintendo give up any revenue share of a title as ever green as Mario Kart? I could see Sonic being in the next MK but other than that, I dunno, seems out there.

Nalsh

Planetside II is a rumor I've heard a ton, but isn't it in a bit of an awkward situation if it comes out too close to Destiny?

Squire

Banned
Lol @ Halo 4: II

I love that Sony Pictures rumor though. Great deal as a movie buff. SP/Columbia doesn't fuck around.

Are Microsoft the kind of company to allow outsiders to work on their IP? I don't know their portfolio to know if they do or not.

I don't understand what you're asking. All they've said is that Rare is working on "reintroducing a historic IP" for Xbox One. It could very well be Goldeneye and not Banjo Kazooie. I'm assuming that it'll be Rare's project and Rare's project alone.

steveovig

Why would you even want a new Killer Instinct? Are people that in love with those characters? It wouldn't be the same people developing a new game that were there originally. It might possibly not have that same magic. I've moved on from that franchise. I liked it back when but now I recognize it can't be re-done in the same way.

Gadirok

Xbox One

● Hawken console exclusive
● League of Legends console exclusive
● Mirror's Edge 2 (various retailer leaks now seem to back this up) console exclusive (said to be coming to PC too)
● Halo 4: II with cross platform play with 360 version
● Respawn Studio's game, "Titan", exclusive
● Insomniac new IP exclusive I call bullshit on this one, but would prefer a source for the rumor as I could be wrong. I wouldn't care if they did, but it would be pretty piss poor of Ted Price and what their employees preferred by always being proud as a multiplatform/third party company to back to exclusive games to a certain publisher. I wouldn't be surprised though.
● Dead Rising III exclusive Its Capcom, not surprised again as they are easy to moneyhatt and the only guys I haven't seen moneyhat capcom is Sony, so not surprised that Dead Rising III would return to exclusivity on MS platforms
● Killer Instinct Everyone saw this coming a mile away and people will finally realize how much of a ****y game Killer Instinct always was and how broken Spinal was

PS4

● Final Fantasy Versus XIII changes into Final Fantasy XV, exclusive I have some doubts on this but its been hyped by practically everyone in the Sony E3 thread.
● Planetside II console exclusive Everyone saw this coming a mile away, its SOE
● PS+ = Early access to Sony Pictures films, free PS1/PS2 games over Gakai Would be dealbreaking if this was ready for launch
● Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for PS4? Due in 2014
● Demon Soul's 2 in development (not sure if this or KH will be at E3, but just in case) Doubt it given how Yoshida dismissed Demon's Souls. They did regret their decision but From software is busy with Dark Souls II and I doubt SCEJ is capable of handling this game alone despite the assistance they gave in Demon's Souls
● Last Guardian moved to PS4 If this happens, I can expect a lot of whiners. Personally, it would be a good move but then you could expect people crying "wahh I bought a PS3 over this game and now its coming out for PS4:(, F U Sony". If they weren't idiots they would probably keep it on PS3 but given it was never going to be a system seller and the technical issues that they had with development on PS3, I won't be surprised if it made the move on PS4. Personally, I just want a good game.

Top Bottom