• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The neoGAF E3 2013 Rumour Tracking List

FlyFaster

retrofkrv5.gif

damn, spot on.

TDLink

Ggox9zv.png

Of course Mario Kart could feature Sonic characters but might not be a Sonic game in its own right.

That doesn't discredit the rumour. Mario Kart is not confirmed to be out this year. If it is merely a Mario Kart that features Sonic characters that still means the rumour is partially right.

That seems bananas to me, why would Nintendo give up any revenue share of a title as ever green as Mario Kart? I could see Sonic being in the next MK but other than that, I dunno, seems out there.

Stranger things have happened. I certainly don't see how it is "more out there" than many of the others rumours in the OP.

Amir0x

Banned
Was thinking the same thing. Would make more sense to release it on PS3 IMO.

This is the quote from Verendus, since someone already blew his spot ITT:

Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on PS4. It's no secret at this stage that the game exists. The question I think Sony fans want answered is whether it's exclusive, timed exclusive or on multiple platforms. Regardless of when that question is answered, Kingdom Hearts fans will be happy because they'll be playing a next generation Kingdom Hearts after years of waiting.

There is a Kingdom Hearts PS4 game due to be released in 2014. I guess obvious enough which one? Not KH3 btw.

From that I extrapolated KH2.5 'cause I can't imagine what else he'd be talking about.

Why would you even want a new Killer Instinct? Are people that in love with those characters? It wouldn't be the same people developing a new game that were there originally. It might possibly not have that same magic. I've moved on from that franchise. I liked it back when but now I recognize it can't be re-done in the same way.

I'd take Arcade ports of KI and KI2 on XBLA over a Kinect sequel.

Wizman23

Banned
I'm a console gamer at heart but a huge League of Legends fan. If RIOT can find a way to make LOL work on XBOX ONE holy shit. Its not like its the most popular game on the planet right now or anything. If that rumor is true my PC account better transfer.

Gadirok

I'm a console gamer at heart but a huge League of Legends fan. If RIOT can find a way to make LOL work on XBOX ONE holy shit. Its not like its the most popular game on the planet right now or anything. If that rumor is true my PC account better transfer.

I don't understand how it would work though. It would be amazing and incredible, but if its just mouse and keyboard support for Xbox One, why would I get it to play LoL and not just play it on my below specs PC which can already run it on max?

I will say though, when I chose to play with my friends in LoL I did use skype to talk amongst them as it was a good system for group voice chat.

I haven't play League in over a year though. If they brought in that supposed magma map I would come back, but I doubt its happening.

Like if someone like Ninja Theory approached Microsoft and said "Hey guys, we have a great idea for a HALO game." would Microsoft be the kind of company to allow third parties access to those intellectual properties that they own.

I mean Climax made a Prince of Persia demo that Ubisoft never accepted. Slant Six was working on a Medal of Honor for PlayStation Vita which I believe never went beyond pre-production.

As far as I know they prefer to keep things to each individual developer. Could be wrong, though. I feel as though they may accept ideas, but the actual creation of the game would be left to the developer themselves.

I don't understand how it would work though. It would be amazing and incredible, but if its just mouse and keyboard support for Xbox One, why would I get it to play LoL and not just play it on my below specs PC which can already run it on max?

I will say though, when I chose to play with my friends in LoL I did use skype to talk amongst them as it was a good system for group voice chat.

I haven't play League in over a year though. If they brought in that supposed magma map I would come back, but I doubt its happening.

The magma map IS happening, finally. Don't know when it's getting a public release, but it was recently used in the All-Star tournament.

Would LoL be a Kinect game?

Don't hate me

Ahahaha I chuckled. And then I cried.

GamerJM

Banned
The Xbox One list is nice, but at the same time nothing on there is a system seller to me even without the DRM stuff, especially if the next Halo game is going to be on the 360 anyways.

The PS4 list looks like a list of stuff that never materialized for the PS3. A lot of those would be system sellers to me but I'd have to wait until they actually come out, which could taken ridiculous levels of time (or they could be launch games, who knows).

salromano

It is often said that neoGAF is a den of crazy people who know nothing [Jon Snow], but there's also no doubt of the vibrant class of industry insiders that inhabit this place. I wanted to try to keep a list of all the MAJOR rumours, and then cross them off as E3 goes on to see how accurate this place is as tracking news like this. Now obviously this is a muddy affair, as plenty of the rumours didn't start from here, but as best as possible we'll keep track of the most credible rumours we can source and then see what happens. It's all for fun, but let's try not to just make shit up in this topic. Please help populate the list, but only use things that are actually viable rumours that have gained traction somehow, not just a wishlist of crap.

RUMOURS:

All of the following rumours I've been able to source to a credible neoGAF post or two, a wink and a nudge here, so here's the rub. The list is HIGHLY incomplete, so I need you guys to help fill it out. Will update post with any credible rumours.

Xbox One

● Hawken console exclusive
● League of Legends console exclusive
● Dead Rising III exclusive
[Source]

● Insomniac new IP exclusive
[Source]

● Halo 4: II with cross platform play with 360 version
[Source]

● Respawn Studio's game, "Titan", exclusive (+PC version)
[Source] [2]

● Mirror's Edge 2 exclusive
[Source] [2] [3]

● Killer Instinct
[Source]

PS4

● Final Fantasy Versus XIII changes into Final Fantasy XV, exclusive
● Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for PS4? Due in 2014
● Demon Soul's 2 in development (not sure if this or KH will be at E3, but just in case)
● PS+ = Early access to Sony Pictures films, free PS1/PS2 games over Gakai
[Source] [Various Others for Versus XIII]

● Planetside II console exclusive
[Speculation?]

● Last Guardian moved to PS4
[Source] [Speculation]

Wii U

● Star Tropics by Retro Studios
● Mario Kart Wii U (literally a souped up Mario Kart 7)
● Zelda U MAY have some concept art, but game is too far away for much to be shown at the moment
● Super Mario U (biggest Mario yet, the guy gave the title 'Super Mario Retroverse U', to tell us a name for the game they were considering to give us an idea where they're going with it, but that WON'T be the final name. You may see Wart)

Since all the Wii U rumours so far seem to come from this one source, if one of them are wrong, they're all likely to be.

Now I just started collecting rumours so the list is woefully incomplete, but if you guys have been out and about neoGAF, tell me what rumours I need to add into the mix here.

Sourced. Couldn't find anything about the Mirror's Edge 2 PC stuff?

Planetside II is a rumor I've heard a ton, but isn't it in a bit of an awkward situation if it comes out too close to Destiny?

No because destiny is set for a 2014 launch. Planet side 2 could work perfectly as the PS4's free to play launch game already installed on PS4's or free to download on PSN day one Of console launch.

My thats one big money hat ms. Reminds me of the 360 strategy. Too bad its a bunch of b games. I prefer Sony and Nintendo strategy of organic growth and cultivating studios.

Amir0x

Banned
do you remember his name?

yes. I am not going to share his name, but I am sure someone else will eventually since that seems to be the case in this topic so far. I won't be the one to blow anyone's spot in this enterprise, these people don't want the spotlight on them and I have to respect that.

Because of ME personally?

naw, i was just under a dog pile in a thread when i mentioned it. :p so why is this a legit rumor now? i haven't seen it pop up anywhere else.

also, the only ones i can think of off the top of my head with ZERO links/sources, are:
AC Phoenix Rising
Dust 514 on PS4
(if not, then just the) Dust 514 Vita companion app
long fabled Kojima Vita project?
Gravity Rush 2
Guerilla's "The Order"
Quantic Dream game? (it's Dream, not Dreams, by the way)
Far Cry 4
Fallout 4
Ready At Dawn PS4 title?

feel free to knock as many of these down to be safe. i haven't been as in touch with actual gaming news sites lately because of work, so GAF is usually my only outlet. unfortunately 90% of that is via my phone whenever i get signal. my apologies if any of these have already been talked about multiple times on here.

There was talk of LittleBigPlanet 3 being a ps3 game made by someone not Media Molecule.
I would not be shocked if we hear about this week or left until later in the year though.

Slime

Banned
Very doubtful of most of those Sony rumors. Only ones I see happening are Planetside and the PS+ thing. I could see Last Guardian happening though, so what's keeping me doubtful on that front is mostly pessimism.

I'm still not convinced Versus is becoming XV, and if it is I doubt it will remain exclusive. Kingdom Hearts thing doesn't sound wildly far-fetched, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a PS3 SKU as well if it's just another HD remake. And I don't think Demon's Souls 2 is ever happening. If it did, I doubt From would be involved anyway, at which point I'd be annoyed at Sony riding their coattails after shitting on the original.

Xbox One stuff sounds super underwhelming, so it's probably true.

As for Nintendo, I do think they're going to show the Wii U Mario game. If they don't I'll be really disappointed.

Top Bottom