• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The neoGAF E3 2013 Rumour Tracking List

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pretty sure two of those Xbone rumours a true. Some sound believable, others are reasonable, like Planetside II PS4 exclusive. Hadn't heard anything like Halo 4: II, though I guess that makes sense for an early launch port, souped up for fancy pants.

I predict all the Nintendo rumours are bullshit, as they tend to be every year. Well, except for the Zelda one. I don't expect concept art, but it is too far away.

I find it really odd, just because it's Sony's conference -- they have 2 hours to show whatever they want....hardly any studios get that sort of limelight. You'd think they'd be paying Sony/Microsoft, not the other way around.

Battlefield doesn't make it into Sony's showing? Oh well, they can just fight in Assassin's Creed instead. That's how I imagine it going down...
From what i understand there will be zero EA games shown on stage with sony. The games, of course, will be on both consoles (except mirrors edge and titan)

As a PS+ and Live subscriber I'm interested to see how the new online services are gonna evolve. PS+ will have to change for the PS4 as the Ps3 games are not BC so how are they gonna make paying for PS+ attractive if they can't offer old games to download as an incentive?

(emphasis mine)

I thought that was the point of Sony trotting out Gaikai at their reveal event back in February? The potential for access to their entire catalogue through streaming gameplay is a pretty big carrot. Additionally, I don't think you give Sony enough credit in terms of coming up with ways to monetize its back catalogue. I really can't wait until next week to see what Sony's PS+ approach will be with the PS4, and whether serious headway has been made with Gaikai's streaming service.

AznSniper

From what i understand there will be zero EA games shown on stage with sony. The games, of course, will be on both consoles (except mirrors edge and titan)

Really? Not even Battlefield 4? There were some rumblings that Sony would have a deal with EA and Battlefield.

So you have heard that Mirror's Edge 2 is console exclusive to the Xbone?

Cyklops

Neo Member
So how sure is Mirror's Edge 2 being a X1 exclusive? Pretty sure or just like any other rumour for the time being?

Pretty much all of these rumors come from a handful of so-called insiders who lack any credibility whatsoever.

Can we just focus on games that are substantiated with at least some evidence?

- Dead Rising 3 on Xbone http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507137
- Planetside 4 on PS4 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514772
- Mirror's Edge 2 on Xbone

And so on.

If you think certain leakers here, including me, don't have credibility you haven't been paying attention. The fastest way to get banned here is posting false rumors. We aren't banned.

I leaked the entire first party lineup of the ps4 event days before it happened. I've leaked about 15 vita games in the vita threads. I'm still here. Either I'm lucky, a psychic or maybe, just maybe I know what i'm talking about.

I do think that I'm sharing a bit too much here and breaking my own rule on a couple of wanting two sources... so i may very well be posting my first error. But I'll still be batting atleast .900

Also, back on topic... I have no idea of lol will be shown at e3. It may be further off. I believe the deal was just signed a couple months ago.

The Last Guardian and FFXV would be HUGE if true and trump everything on Xbone's list (IMO).

*Provided that XV is a joint project with Sony and Toriyama gets nowhere near it. And SE still remembers how to make great games. And the team is still motivated to deliver a great game (after 84 YEARS).

(emphasis mine)

I thought that was the point of Sony trotting out Gaikai at their reveal event back in February? The potential for access to their entire catalogue through streaming gameplay is a pretty big carrot. Additionally, I don't think you give Sony enough credit in terms of coming up with ways to monetize its back catalogue. I really can't wait until next week to see what Sony's PS+ approach will be with the PS4, and whether serious headway has been made with Gaikai's streaming service.

Your right if Gaikai is there from the start my comments are rendered redundant. Totally agree my friend. We ll see

This would make my day if true. Nothing that they would show would be exclusive to Sony, so what's the point? Unless it's an MS exclusive, just check out the Xbone preview and figure it'll get to you eventually (and probably look better to boot).

More time for other publishers and developers to show off their (hopefully exclusive) work on the PS4 is a great thing, imo.

Really? Not even Battlefield 4? There were some rumblings that Sony would have a deal with EA and Battlefield.

So you have heard that Mirror's Edge 2 is console exclusive to the Xbone?

Yes and yes, if my sources are correct.

Omgwtfbbq, another leaker here with a spotless record posted he heard that the reason EA is so in bed with Ms is that months ago ms said they definitely were doing a used game drm and sony wouldn't commit to it. So they signed deals with ms. Two exclusives and a whole boatload of timed dlc. And yeah, I've heard twice now that mirrors edge 2 is one of them.

nomis

Is this Halo 4: II game going to be a glorified Season 2 of Spartan Ops called Halo: Spartan Assault? A 4-player co-op shooter starring Cwimson again (or perhaps Majestic). This is sounding more plausible than I'd like.

If it has real missions and production values and isn't just David Ellis dropping space crates and AI spawns on H4 singleplayer maps, I'm in.

Spongebob

Banned

Omgwtfbbq, another leaker here with a spotless record posted he heard that the reason EA is so in bed with Ms is that months ago ms said they definitely were doing a used game drm and sony wouldn't commit to it. So they signed deals with ms. Two exclusives and a whole boatload of timed dlc. And yeah, I've heard twice now that mirrors edge 2 is one of them.
The best news here is that Sony aren't committing to BS DRM.

Kazekiri

Neo Member

Also two weeks ago I would have told you that there's absolutely no chance of demon's souls 2,uncharted 4 or kingdom Hearts being at the show... But with ms scooping up publishers to not show ps4 games I think they may bust them out to give their presentation more punch.

And as someone who isn't in the industry i find it absolutely shocking how little of each conference is locked down right now. Earlier today I heard a third party pub that was showing with sony was about to jump ship to ms for money and eventually came back to sony (no idea if that's for money as well...). I asked a friend if things being this up in the air was normal and he said 'oh yeah.'

That suddenly explains so many e3 shows with weird, non informational segments that seem like they were thrown together at the last minute. They probably were....

Famous, what have you heard of Demon's Souls 2? It's fine if you can't say anything. =) Just curious if Miyazaki is directing it or something like that.

AznSniper

I see. Well it is too bad. At least it points to Sony trying to be more consumer-centric compared to Microsoft and EA. I hate that it has to be a "boatload of timed dlc" and two exclusives. Need to see the games before making a judgment though.

I guess it gives more time for Sony to show off their first-party guns. Thank you for sharing the info.

AznSniper

I still think EA will show off Battlefield on Sony's stage. Sort of as a counter to CoD on MS's.

You may be right since the E3 conferences aren't really finalized until the last minute. Can you imagine Battlefield and CoD at the Microsoft conference? With timed dlc :p

So what is everything mortimer/other consistent leaker has confirmed so far for this e3? ME2 and titan X1 exclusive, LoL X1 exclusive, no EA at sony, and what else?

ash_ag

The other Mario Kart rumour floating around (And one I find more probable) is that the Wii U Mario Kart will be a crossover with Sonic All Stars Racing or feature Sonic characters. Possibly developed by SUMO based on their twitter comments. It would also fulfill the "Third Nintendo exclusive Sonic game" spot, which the German branch has confirmed will be this year.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558984

This. The Nintendo rumors sound sort of ridiculous to me. Star Tropics U? Really?

Just look at Nintendo's "approach" with crossovers as of late:
  • Pokémon Conquest (Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition)
  • Yarn Yoshi (Epic Yarn + Yoshi)
  • Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei

It's clear they're taking their chances with their licenses, and they seem to have decided that pushing more "obscure" or niche franchises is very possible and worth it for both sides. Obviously, Sonic & All-Stars Racing isn't obscure -- but a crossover would be a very good way of bringing more light to it, and finding a selling point for (the rather stale) Mario Kart. It's a win-win situation they won't pass on.

Alot of what I'm saying is rumors which is why I should stop posting and will stop posting after this last post. No EA at Sony's conference, Hawken, halo unnumbered with cross platform play and kh3 are rumors are as far as my own policies go (ie I've only heard them from one source). So i wouldn't take those to the bank. The others I'm more confident in.

And now to disappear into the night as every major publisher reading this thread wants to murder me.

Out of curiosity, what does the "Volume 1" mean in this box art?

IV794JB.jpg

Im just curious if this adds more credibility for a new Halo 4 title (Halo 3 ODST style).

Alot of what I'm saying is rumors which is why I should stop posting and will stop posting after this last post. No EA at Sony's conference, Hawken, halo unnumbered with cross platform play and kh3 are rumors are as far as my own policies go (ie I've only heard them from one source). So i wouldn't take those to the bank. The others I'm more confident in.

And now to disappear into the night as every major publisher reading this thread wants to murder me.

I thought you said EA gave MS two exclusives but I count three....Insomniac, ME and Titan?

Drago

If PS+ adds the benefit of complete access to a large pool of PS1/PS2 games, that may be the biggest incentive for me to get a PS4 seeing as I missed a ton of games from those generations. That's what I really hope is true.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Final Fantasy VII: RE, has it been called yet?

I'll add another surefired rumor to the list: NINTENDO WILL BE REVIVING OLD IPMAN.

HooYaH

I'm glad that PlanetSide 2 is maybe going to be released on PS4, I just hope they don't waste time on the conference with a trailer and demo. Just put it in a montage or the launch line up list.

AznSniper

I'm glad that PlanetSide 2 is maybe going to be released on PS4, I just hope they don't waste time on the conference with a trailer and demo. Just put it in a montage or the launch line up list.

I think it's a given that SOE will be a much bigger presence in the console space this generation with the PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if EverQuest Next is also on the PS4.

V_Ben

Banned
I think it's a given that SOE will be a much bigger presence in the console space this generation with the PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if EverQuest Next is also on the PS4.

I think SOE has about 4 games in the works for the PS4 in total.

Huh, so famous has confirmed that ME2 is a One exclusive?

What's the deal behind it then? Would it not exist if MS didn't step in similar to Bayo 2? In any case, hope it retains its roots and comes to PC eventually.

Top Bottom