• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The neoGAF E3 2013 Rumour Tracking List

mc8hc1q.jpg

So now that Spartan Assault was officially announced, can we assume this picture, that already was around for a few days, is legit?

Edit: Oh. I saw the domain was also registered a bit before the announcement. So guess its still a fake.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm positive MegaMan will not be getting a new game at E3, but if he does, I dearly hope it won't be on XBone. That would be a punch right in the gut.

DrDogg

● Killer Instinct Everyone saw this coming a mile away and people will finally realize how much of a ****y game Killer Instinct always was and how broken Spinal was

Killer Instinct released at a time when competitive fighting games were super niche, so very, very few people witnessed high level Killer Instinct. Even today, a quick YouTube search on the main KI content channels shows minimal high level strategies.

The way most people played KI was completely wrong and would be blown up by any decent player. For example, Spinal wasn't even top tier, yet you're complaining he was broken.

I'm very skeptical of a new KI from Rare since 90% of the KI team is gone (and I'd rather see a KI1 XBLA One port), but a lot of the hate the series gets is based on extremely limited knowledge of the game engine.

10%?

I'd love a sequel, but FROM are too busy with Dark Souls and I'm not sure if I'd want a sequel without them on board.

FROM have a number of teams and seeing as Dark and Demon's are their two most successful games, I wouldn't be surprised if they transitioned into working on both series.

If Microsoft/Sony were to bank roll exclusives from big, independent developers there isn't really a tonne of them Given a quick look at Wikipedia here's some of the ones I think could potentially be signed up and retain IP rights or IP exclusivity like Gears of War.

I'd probably say there's no Dance Central since Harmonix let go most of the specialized crew for that series last year and the Disney game seems to be their Kinect project (Next one would be Multiplatform, likely). Other than that, pretty solid list though wasn't there a rumor floating round Sony picked up Bohemia for Day Z? I can't seem to remember but it sounds familiar.

Killer Instinct released at a time when competitive fighting games were super niche, so very, very few people witnessed high level Killer Instinct. Even today, a quick YouTube search on the main KI content channels shows minimal high level strategies.

The way most people played KI was completely wrong and would be blow up by any decent player. For example, Spinal wasn't even top tier, yet you're complaining he was broken.

I'm very skeptical of a new KI from Rare since 90% of the KI team is gone (and I'd rather see a KI1 XBLA One port), but a lot of the hate the series gets is based on extremely limited knowledge of the game engine.

Competitive KI was literally "Pick Orchid or Cinder if you want to win". Jago and Spinal were pretty high on the tier list but Orchid was just unbelievably broken since she had the most amount of starters, linkers and enders and a really absurdly easy Combo Breaker and Cinder had hilariously easy and fast start ups.

Rare were kinda flinging shit against the wall for that game and it tightened up a bit with KI 2. I wouldn't be shocked if a new one was co-developed with a studio with fighting game knowledge though. Iron Galaxy could be a silent contributor (Where do you think Dave Lang is getting all that money for Dive Kick Motion Capture?)

Great idea for a thread. We need to get links for all the rumors tho. I'm really curious about the Versus name change/platform change thing.

If Hawken comes to consoles and it's Xbone exclusive I'll cry, it's one of the most awesome looking mech game I've seen in years.

Also I have a huge soft spot for Mirror's Edge 2, if it's Xbone exclusive I'll also be upset because the rumors were it's Kinect exclusive too right? Dear GOD I don't want that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So now that Spartan Assault was officially announced, can we assume this picture, that already was around for a few days, is legit?

Edit: Oh. I saw the domain was also registered a bit before the announcement. So guess its still a fake.
This was proven fake because Spartan Assault turned out to be a WP8/W8 game.

Amir0x

Banned
Wait, now famousmortimer is hinting demons souls 2? Damn, son.

It's not him alone. Various very credible neoGAF sources have heard the rumblings that Sony is going to push out a Demon Soul's 2 for exclusivity purposes.

Still might not end up being true, but it's worth noting.

It's not him alone. Various very credible neoGAF sources have heard the rumblings that Sony is going to push out a Demon Soul's 2 for exclusivity purposes.

Still might not end up being true, but it's worth noting.

Didn't know there were various sources. I thought Verendus was the other guy? (Who also ironically called KH3 on ps4 as well as another KH game next year)

Damn, if KH3 and Demon's 2 show up at the Sony conference, in addition to Versus? Dear god, man. Dear god.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'd probably say there's no Dance Central since Harmonix let go most of the specialized crew for that series last year and the Disney game seems to be their Kinect project (Next one would be Multiplatform, likely). Other than that, pretty solid list though wasn't there a rumor floating round Sony picked up Bohemia for Day Z? I can't seem to remember but it sounds familiar.

MS let dance central go. Another major publisher has it now

What is the track record (if any) of the guys who hinted at a possible Demon's Souls II?

Because holy fucking shit... I don't know if my body can take both Demon's and Dark Souls II at the same time :O :O :O :O :O :O

artist

Banned
Do hardware rumors count? Cause there is big bomb in the making re Xbone being downgraded, almost half the power of PS4.

I am not trying to bring out the MS Defense Force at me, but I've heard GPU clocks might be downgraded. 8-900 gigaflops for gaming. The APU is big. This isn't 100% confirmed though and is being done to improve yields.

CBoat do you mind adding anything?
Hmm, I've been hearing some of this myself. It'll be hilarious if MS tries to sell a more expensive gaming machine with 1/2 of the perf. Knowing people's buying habits, they still might beat Sony on the market though. :/

Do hardware rumors count? Cause there is big bomb in the making re Xbone being downgraded, almost half the power of PS4.

There are no words. If that rumor is true and they still kept it at whatever their pre-downgrade price point was, what would be the advantage of doing that? Does downgrading certain areas make others run smoother? Making the Xbone less ideal for gaming somehow makes it more ideal for being a cable box/dvr, etc...?

p3tran

Banned
.... I guess if more leaks about microsoft buying (or getting) exclusives continue, we will reach e3 with xbone having (rumored) less than half a gf of power.

daebo

This was dropped in the ms e3 conference thread by a junior. Not sure if reliable and if it is, does it mean anything? Is Trials even considered a 'win'?

Wasn't sure where to post this, or if I should even post this, but I was told from a reliable source yesterday that on Monday we'll see an announcement for Trials 3 exclusive to Xbox One. Hardly suprising considering the success of Evolution. Also Ubisoft have two more next gen titles planned.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Here's another one:

I mentioned the other day that I was hearing rumors of Microsoft throwing around a considerable amount of money to have publishers only show games on the Xbox One during E3. Most people dismissed my admittedly flakey news as 'that's what always happens.'

I've talked to more people since then though and this isn't the usual jostling for publishers on stage that happens at E3. Microsoft is throwing BIG money around to reverse course on idea that they aren't a games console. The rumors are that PS4 versions of multiplats, by those who do take the money, won't be shown AT ALL. Not on stage and not on the show floor.

I don't feel bad for Sony because business is business. I'm sure they will find a way to have a decent show... or they will have to recover afterwards. That's not really my concern.

Now, there's no need to take my word on this if you don't want to. But do keep an eye on E3 next week. With them buying up everything in sight and now potentially cutting an open roundtable out(to assumedly talk one on one with friendly press) and word that finding multiplat games on the ps4 on the show floor will be much harder than anticipated.... just keep an eye on it. Maybe my sources are wrong. But I feel confident enough in this info to share it.

I'm not saying to jump to conclusions. I'm just saying it may be something to keep an eye on.

Servbot24

Banned
If Demons Souls 2 is real it would have to be a Vita exclusive, right? Would be odd to have Dark Souls and Demons Souls competing, or if the releases are widely staggered, for XBox to be Souls-less for a while.

Amir0x

Banned
Verendus also said two Sega IP's are coming to PS4 and that Sony let Sonic go for a new project.

anyway excellent thread amirox

Here's another one:

Announcement leaves little to be assumed

Planetside 2 for PS4 confirmed: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/dc-universe-online-and-planetside-2-coming-to-playstation-4

Considering it's a Sony-owned studio I assume it's going to be an exclusive.

Thanks guys, modifying OP now.

Wizman23

Banned
Hey famous any more information on the League of legends port to the XBOX ONE? That has me most intrigued above everything and anything mentioned in this thread.

Amir0x

Banned
The track record of source 1 on Demon Soul's II is fairly excellent, I'd say an 75% accuracy rate. The track record of source 2 on Demon Soul's II is superb, something like 85%. The track record of the third source is 60%.

The track record of source 1 on Demon Soul's II is fairly excellent, I'd say an 75% accuracy rate. The track record of source 2 on Demon Soul's II is superb, something like 85%. The track record of the third source is 60%.

VydeWhv.gif

But srlsy u guys, throw me a bone here.

If Demon's Souls 2 were to show up on the Vita I would... I just... Words would not be able to express my glee. Sony has abandoned some brilliant franchises in the past, but out of all of them I want a new Demon's Souls the most. The first game is my favourite title of this generation, my third favourite game ever, and as much as I enjoyed Dark Souls it didn't hit the same high notes for me.

But saying that, I read on here recently that the sequel was rumoured to be Dragon's Souls, due for the PS4.

Top Bottom