• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New PS Vita - Available for Pre-Order tomorrow

Artorias

Banned
That price is funny. Maybe if there were video games in development for it.

Still, I may buy a backup OLED for PS1/PSP/P4G. It's still a great machine for old games, and I don't want to be stuck with that shitty screen. I need proper blacks.

Robin64

Yeah none of the software in that £140 bundle is interesting. You'd still need to buy games, but it's not a bad deal either way.

I was looking out for good bundles with this new model but £180? Lulz.

Though I do have PS+, which means right now I'd get Uncharted, Guacamelee and Gravity Rush for free.. Hmm.

Hasney

GAME are also doing the 3G OLED models for £99 pre-owned, so get it in store to inspect the screen for every little defect.

Jaagen

I still want the 200 for the improved battery life and the overall lightness, but man, £180 is a lot to swallow.

S¡mon

Banned
Guys, I don't see the problem regarding the price...

The current Recommended Retail Price is £199 and retailers are selling them for as little as £140.

The new Recommended Retail Price is £179.

If retailers continue discounting the PS Vita, than you might be able to get a PS Vita for as little as £120-£140.
It's not like the price is increasing. The price went down and this means that retailers have even more space to discount the PS Vita.

Hasney

S¡mon;98939315 said:

The current Recommended Retail Price is £199 and retailers are selling them for as little as £140.

If retailers continue discounting the PS Vita, than you might be able to get a PS Vita for as little as £120-£140.
It's not like the price is increasing. The price went down and this means that retailers have even more space to discount the PS Vita.

Right, but they won't do it immediately. It will sell at RRP until they remain unshifted in warehouses.

hohoXD123

S¡mon;98939315 said:

But it won't work like that. Retailers aren't going to knock off £40-£60 from the RRP as soon as it's released.

pukko

Neo Member
S¡mon;98939315 said:

The Vita got an EU price cut in August to €199. Now, they never said anything about UK so it might still have been £199 there (corresponding to €240), though it sounds a bit weird..

We didn't get any euro price on the 2000?

S¡mon

Banned
The Vita got an EU price cut in August to €199. Now, they never said anything about UK so it might still have been £199 there (corresponding to €240), though it sounds a bit weird..

We didn't get any euro price on the 2000?
Nope, but retailers are selling the PS Vita for as little as €129.

S¡mon;98939561 said:
So, than wait a month, maybe two. After that, the slim model will be just as cheap, or cheaper, than the current Vita.

Sounds like a garbage business strategy to me. Why would they want to further diminish Vita sales for any amount of time?

This system should have launched at £119.

hohoXD123

S¡mon;98939621 said:
Nope, but retailers are selling the PS Vita for as little as €129.

And how long did it take for it to reach that price? Probably won't take as long but IMO 1/2 months is too soon.

Robin64

God damn. I was content waiting for a Vita, but when I get it in my head I want something, I want it NOW. With the high price of the 2000, looks like I'll be a 1000 owner tonight, one way or another. Gonna check out the £99 preowned ones in Game.

Hasney

S¡mon;98939561 said:
So, than wait a month, maybe two. After that, the slim model will be just as cheap, or cheaper, than the current Vita.

Right, but do you not see this flaw in this logic? We need to wait until it fails, so Sony send it out to die until we get delicious price drops.

USDF

Banned
God damn. I was content waiting for a Vita, but when I get it in my head I want something, I want it NOW. With the high price of the 2000, looks like I'll be a 1000 owner tonight, one way or another. Gonna check out the £99 preowned ones in Game.

God don't ! Between the horrible state of the units and the obnoxious indifference and rampant Microsoft fanboyism I have encountered in a the good few stores I have visited to find a good one I decided I would rather buy new thankfully GAF delivered and I have bitten at this :

http://www.play.com/stores/ShopTo/listing/927711844?_$ja=tsid:48045|kw:je6NUbpObpQ|cgn:je6NUbpObpQ-2fd3kTR0gIOulhayEKTUbA

Robin64

God don't ! Between the horrible state of the units and the obnoxious indifference and rampant Microsoft fanobyism I have encountered in a the good few stores I have visited to find a good one I decided I would rather buy new thankfully GAF delivered and I have bitten at this :

http://www.play.com/stores/ShopTo/listing/927711844?_$ja=tsid:48045|kw:je6NUbpObpQ|cgn:je6NUbpObpQ-2fd3kTR0gIOulhayEKTUbA

It's cool, I just realised you'd still have to buy a Memory Card with the preowned £99 one, bringing the price close to £140 anyway. That pack, despite most things being PSP games, seems like the best deal now that the Tearaway pack is over £175 everywhere again.

Edit: Especially when Tearaway is only £18.

Shinriji

Right, but do you not see this flaw in this logic? We need to wait until it fails, so Sony send it out to die until we get delicious price drops.

You can't blame people for being cheap. Even more with a device with low market appeal like the vita (and I love mine).

Hasney

God don't ! Between the horrible state of the units and the obnoxious indifference and rampant Microsoft fanboyism I have encountered in a the good few stores I have visited to find a good one I decided I would rather buy new thankfully GAF delivered and I have bitten at this :

The one in Leeds had some great staff who tried to sell me some games they had played on it as they all had one. Just depends on the store.

You can't blame people for being cheap. Even more with a device with low market appeal like the vita (and I love mine).

I'm not blaming people for being cheap, I certainly wouldn't buy one at that price. I'm more blaming Sony for the silly price.

USDF

Banned
Yeah forgot to add that also regards memory card , the last one I checked out yesterday looked like it had been dunked in coffee and rolled around on a rug , my words were "are you sh!tting me?" as I about turned and departed the only reason I considered it was due to a load of GAME vouchers being given as chrimbo presents , frightful places are GAME stores

USDF

Banned
The one in Leeds had some great staff who tried to sell me some games they had played on it as they all had one. Just depends on the store.

Good to hear they do have some good ones , two of the stores I was in I was privy to conversations of staff convincing parents to not get the PS4 their child wanted and go with XBone the cloud was even mentioned in one of the convos was gigglesome to listen in

Gornl

Neo Member
Any word on a NA release date? Guess I can pick up that Walking Dead bundle if they don't release a date for the 2000 model.

meppi

Went into town at lunch and saw they had the Vita/Tearaway/LBP/16gb bundle for £154.99. Yoink! Vita get.

Great pickup. Tearaway is absolutely brilliant and LBP is perfect on a portable. :)

I really don't get how they are pricing the LCD version higher than the OLED one though. It just doesn't make any sense.
Make a cheaper unit, then price it higher than the old one and expect it to sell better? Really? :-/

Frustrating. I had an opportunity to pick up The Walking Dead bundle with 4 gig card here in Canada for $150 last week....I decided to wait for this Slim announcement. Obviously, that was a mistake.

ohlawd

Frustrating. I had an opportunity to pick up The Walking Dead bundle with 4 gig card here in Canada for $150 last week....I decided to wait for this Slim announcement. Obviously, that was a mistake.
$150 should be the standard price anyway. But what do I know? I jumped at 180 with no taxes >_>

dannyl1017

Neo Member
IMG_0904.JPG

Got mine.

Top Bottom