• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy 12 (NA) Thread

Diablos

kaizoku said:
feb/march, dunno if we get the CE though so Im importing either way.
That sucks! Yeah, definitely import. If I lived over there that's what I would surely be doing for like every game :p

I played about 15 horu or so into my import copy before I just couldn't keep up even with translations. I didn't play for a few days and got horribly lost. I can't wait to play it NA so i can read.

Holtz

VP2 will make a fine preparation for FF. Just gotta finish Okami, first. October 31st, still so far away.

Tabris said:
So it's not progressive scan? :( That's kind of disappointing but very cool it's widescreen.

Dragon Quest VIII looked great in widescreen/480i, and although that was primarily 2D in presentation, I'm sure Final Fantasy XII will look just as good.

Amir0x

Banned
Also, for the record, the US version of FFXII has some scenes that were edited out of the Japanese version for rating issues. English versions ftw for once :D

ezekial45

Banned
Anticipation is killing me. I'm seriously going to play the hell out of this game! Very few games have had this kind of affect on me. The only other game that i ever played for an entire day was Skies of Arcadia for the DC. I have a feeling this game will bring back those days back.

Amir0x

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Anticipation is killing me. I'm seriously going to play the hell out of this game! Very few games have had this kind of affect on me. The only other game that i ever played for an entire day was Skies of Arcadia for the DC. I have a feeling this game will bring back those days back.

QFT.

This is the first FF game I've anticipated since the FFVIII disappointment-ton. I'm so hyped.

Amir0x

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
You changed the name of the topic. It is no longer as accurate as before.

It's the same exact thing except with roman numerals (which is MORE accurate) and North American in abbreviation. The real thread title was too long and unwieldy!

Amir0x

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
I don't even remember what the original name was, I just saw you changed it. :lol
But the Roman numerals are blah.

It was like The Final Fantasy 12 North American Official Thread :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OMG!!!!! MORE MATSUNO GOODNESS WILL FINALLY BE IN MY HANDS!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D

Can't wait for this. :)

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Awesome thread, awesome game
I hope

I am totally ready to put some 150 hours in this thing. Hope the LE is up for import though, would be a bit of a bummer if I have to settle for the normal edition.

The English version has leaked on the internet already as of today, so any questions regarding the localization or changes from the Japanese version should be answered by pirates soon.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Danj said:
Pardon my ignorance, but could someone explain what that site has to do with FF12? Also, it's in the UK, we're not getting FF12 in the UK till 2007 or 2009 or whatever.

It's just the fatalistic sounding music.

OOOOO FORTUNNAAA

Have to finish Digital Devil Saga 2 before this comes out.....Oh yeah, I saw the LE case the other day. it looks okay in pictures, but it looks and feels kinda bad in person =/

glaurung

KyanMehwulfe said:
Hopefully they contain some blood a la FF7.
(Bloody Shin-ra HQ hallways, gored and impaled Midgar Zolom.)

In the very beginning,
there's the killing of Rex. That has blood gushing and spurting in all directions.

Quite dark.

Later on, the Judges are simply dark enough to substitute for the lack of blood.

Sorry about that spoilering thing, morons like me cannot help, but think that when they have read about the story, then everyone else has got to have read about it as well.

Mick Z

I'm seriously thinking of converting (i don't really know the English name for that) my PS2 to play import games (like this one). I don't know another solution... any ideas? (I live in Europe)

Aeana

glaurung said:
That has blood gushing and spurting in all directions.

Huh? I don't remember that much blood there...
just some blood on the killer's armor.

Top Bottom