• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy 12 (NA) Thread

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
brandonh83 said:
Did you take them? :lol

They were posted on a message board in one of the residence hall lobbies. I waited until the hallways were relatively quiet and then I started pulling out push pins. :lol

Everyone is talking about them but nobody has any idea what they stand for.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
They were posted on a message board in one of the residence hall lobbies. I waited until the hallways were relatively quiet and then I started pulling out push pins. :lol

Everyone is talking about them but nobody has any idea what they stand for.

Awesome, I wish I could rip off shit at my college. The only poster around here I know about is for Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, and it's inside some kind of case stand outside of the campus newspaper office.

Y2Kev

In case anyone cares:

Penelo: Love is Lethal
Fran: Thoughts Can Kill
Balthier: Take What's Yours
Ashe: For Country

Snaku

Banned
I have to say, Balthier is the most well written & voiced character I've ever seen in a game. He really reminds of me of the first time I saw Johnny Depp as Cpt. Jack Sparrow, even though they're not really alike. They're just such engrossing and endearing characters.

I really like Fran, Vaan, and Penelo's VAs too. All very fitting. So far Vayne is the only one that sounds kind of off to me, probably because I'm so used to him sounding deeper & darker in Japanese.

And the translation/localization is absolutely amazing. I can't stress that enough. The script is an absolute joy to read and listen to. Final Fantasy X looks like a half assed EA game by comparison.

Snaku said:
I have to say, Balthier is the most well written & voiced character I've ever seen in a game. He really reminds of me of the first time I saw Johnny Depp as Cpt. Jack Sparrow, even though they're not really alike. They're just such engrossing and endearing characters.

I really like Fran, Vaan, and Penelo's VAs too. All very fitting. So far Vayne is the only one that sounds kind of off to me, probably because I'm so used to him sounding deeper & darker in Japanese.

And the translation/localization is absolutely amazing. I can't stress that enough. The script is an absolute joy to read and listen to. Final Fantasy X looks like a half assed EA game by comparison.

What about Ashe?

ezekial45

Banned
This may seem like a ridiculous question, but since the game is being illegally distributed, will there be a change in the release date?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
ezekial45 said:
This may seem like a ridiculous question, but since the game is being illegally distributed, will there be a change in the release date?

doubtful, but it would be really cool if they changed something. or added anything...

ssoass

Here's another new vid I found from the English version, this time from the introductory/tutorial part. (obviously spoilerish if you don't want to know how the game starts)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dZxfZGCWMkc

Again, amazing voice acting, I actually like this much better than the Japanese, which was already great... probably because the English voices fit the setting so well.
I love Basch's voice, and all the different accents of English for different characters. (like the Scottish (I think) accent in the narrated part)

Shouta

Sounds solid. The mixing seems a little off but the voice acting quality is very good. It's much better than the original JP version actually which I thought was relatively mediocre. The Scottish (I think) accent on the narrator doesn't really work well though.

Aeana

I just watched that whole video, and I really have to agree--the voice acting is far and away better than the Japanese voices. Unfortunately, there will still be kids who say WTF Y THERIS NOT AN JAP VA OPTION ENG VA SUX O_O:

The writing is the best part, though. I am really impressed. It is definitely Vagrant Story quality; way to go, Mr. Smith.

Y2Kev

Aeana said:
I just watched that whole video, and I really have to agree--the voice acting is far and away better than the Japanese voices. Unfortunately, there will still be kids who say WTF Y THERIS NOT AN JAP VA OPTION ENG VA SUX O_O:

The writing is the best part, though. I am really impressed. It is definitely Vagrant Story quality; way to go, Mr. Smith.

Smith am awesome awesome am smith

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Snaku said:

Wait, so you're publically admitting that you downloaded FFXII?

Snaku

Banned
Eh, everyone's quick to assume this and that. I've just seen lots of new videos from the NA localization.

Brannon

Well, you know how people like to sign up for forum access and spoil stuff? I'm thinking there shouldn't be anymore new members from now until the 32nd of October. Yes it's drastic, but... yeah it's drastic. I mean, making a whole new day 'n all...

Sallokin

It's a shame that such a high profile game is getting the leak treatment so early, can't people just ****ing wait? Weren't SE super mega pissed when Advent Children went up on the web? I hope nothing negative comes of this.

Moving on. The new vids have only made more more depressed that it's only October 3rd.

EDIT* Has anyone seen those FF12 Play Arts figures that were in the new issue of PSM? Any word when those things are going to hit? Gabranth must be mine! Balthier is pretty cool looking too. Ashe and Vaan.... not so much.

AgentOtaku said:
Have to finish Digital Devil Saga 2 before this comes out.....Oh yeah, I saw the LE case the other day. it looks okay in pictures, but it looks and feels kinda bad in person =/
Incredible, I completely disagree with you. I really like the nice mat finish. I'm wondering if the bonus DVD is the same one that the US OST will come with.

BlackMage

Banned
**** you people who pirated the game. oh, can anyone link me to the movie trailer? i can't get it to work on the main site.

wasn't too interested in this game until i saw a preview for it before Jackass 2 movie of all things. actually looks pretty sweet. from what i had heard of it before, it seemed like the game was changed a gajillion times, people were fired and new people rehired and the entire game was redone. anyways the trailer before jackass perked my interest. now i will reserve the special edition at gamestop. nice to hear the voice acting is ace. can anyone give me a quick run down of the storyline without spoiling too much?

Mute

Banned
Who the **** cares whether or not it's leaked? Doesn't ruin it for anyone except the people who are too impatient to download it, anyway. I wonder how big the release for this will blow up. I'm debating whether or not to bother reserving it. Gahhh.

Verboten said:
Incredible, I completely disagree with you. I really like the nice mat finish. I'm wondering if the bonus DVD is the same one that the US OST will come with.

:lol

what can I say, I prefer a traditional tin-esque feel to those cases. The mat just feels to weird to me :)

Pachael

Mute said:
Who the **** cares whether or not it's leaked? Doesn't ruin it for anyone except the people who are too impatient to download it, anyway. I wonder how big the release for this will blow up. I'm debating whether or not to bother reserving it. Gahhh.

I'm expecting people who come in saying they were 'disappointed' and 'aghast' at some of the FFXII stuff mainly 'hey the game's brilliant widescreen!' and 'wow fran's voice is ass' or something soon. Popcorn for everybody!

u_neek

brandonh83 said:
Longest 27 days of my life.
I know, but it's nothing compared to the ~4 years most of us have been waiting now! SO CLOSE!!

I think this must be my most anticipated game ever!

keanerie

Good to hear the translation lives up to Alexander O. Smith's past achievments - the man is absolutely amazing, not just because he's a great localizer, but because his writing is just that damn good.

Sallokin

Mute said:

You realize that leaks and pirated games do in fact ruin things for everyone in the long term right? Cause it, you know, costs money to localise these things.

duckroll

Sallokin said:
You realize that leaks and pirated games do in fact ruin things for everyone in the long term right? Cause it, you know, costs money to localise these things.

Yup, because now NO ONE will buy FFXII. Oh no. :(

Aeana

Piracy is terrible and evil. Just wait for the game and buy it, or you will hurt Square Enix.

I just downloaded the soundtrack, though; it's rad.

Top Bottom