• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Vinci

Danish
Thrakier said:
Not? I found them always challenging but not frustrating. If you can't loose there is no challenge at all...I don't know if I like that.

Hmm. I don't know what to say to that. By and large, FF games are easy as hell.

LiK

Vinci said:
Hmm. I don't know what to say to that. By and large, FF games are easy as hell.

only FFXII was tough for me. mainly because i kept trying to balance out lvling my entire party equally. kind of a mistake and very time consuming...

LiK said:
only FFXII was tough for me. mainly because i kept trying to balance out lvling my entire party equally. kind of a mistake and very time consuming...

FXII had its moments, there were times when things got a bit overwhelming, especially in some of the higher Hunts and Zodiac fights.

Vinci

Danish
Yeah, I'd say XII was probably the hardest of the last several FF games. It still didn't approach being really difficult though.

Teknoman

Wow...that was awesome! Getting used to the battle system, but still cool. Going to really go crazy with combos when I get to control everyone.

FFXIII boss battle music actually is pretty epic and grows on you. Going to write a longer impression post soon.

Vinci said:
Yeah, I'd say XII was probably the hardest of the last several FF games. It still didn't approach being really difficult though.

hmmm, they can be as hard as you like...

Did you beat the dark aeons in FFX... they could be pretty difficult depending on how you levelled...

Teknoman

Alright im dumb...I know FFVIIACC has an english dub option, but I cant figure out how to activate it.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just doesnt change the little preview clip to english. Figured it out:lol

FFXI is probably the most difficult mainline FF since the NES days, and it's a recent game that still makes SE a decent chunk of profit. It may even be more difficult than the NES games, but I haven't played those through.

And please nobody say something like "time/grinding/etc != difficulty." That has nothing to do with it.

FF games can be difficult, but yeah, in general it's not something they're known for.

StuBurns

Banned
That's strange, I'm in the UK, had the cheapest shipping and it arrived mid last week.
Do you guys have any sort of tracking order?

Acosta

I got mine from Play-Asia yesterday (cheapest option, euro here).

Watched AC for first time in all its glory and, and while story wise is as bland as I expected, I really enjoyed the CGs and the fanservice, feel quite satisfied by it (the english voices are just terrible, need to watch it another time in Japanese).

The demo rocks, plain and simple. The demo environment is really impressive, I like the characters and the combat. Of course it's appeal will really depend of the evolution system and the amount of possibilities for gear and so, but I like to see they have a good idea of the rhythm and style.

Now back to wait until the USA release.

Lain

Finally got mine from cdjapan! Damn post service had it since the 21 but only tried to deliver it to me yesterday.

wow YesAsia's free shipping is fast. Ordered last Tuesday night it shipped Thursday and I got it today was expecting it next week sometime.

Lain said:
Finally got mine from cdjapan! Damn post service had it since the 21 but only tried to deliver it to me yesterday.

I got a copy from there but got stung on customs for £21 =0

I'm sticking to YesAsia now, since they seem to send stuff to their UK base, then on from there. I've never had any nasty surprises even when ordering huge anime figures and stuff.

Lain

Android18a said:

I got lucky this time, no custom and received 3 packages from them today, but it is so random.

The demo is pretty cool, but I died fighting the commander like an idiot. Went for the killing blow while low on health and he did the same, double ko and gameover for me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FirewalkR said:
So anyway, someone found out that if you have 1080p selected, the pre-rendered cutscenes are actually in 1080p (ooh quelle surprise) and took a few extremely wallpaperish screenshots:

http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?page=article&article=Final-Fantasy-XIII-1080p-Screen-Shots--375

In-game is 720p upscaled of course.

(btw didn't see these pics elsewhere in the thread so.. whatever)

Yeah, pretty amazing stuff. I expected them to go all out with the cinematics though.

Glix

still haven't gotten my order from Play-Asia yet. :(

is someone rowing it over the Atlantic in a canoe or something? Damn...

Me either. Did you cheap out and do "Economy Bubble" like I did?

I'm in NY. I REALLY hope it comes today (but at least I have Lost to let me down easy if it doesn't)

WhartoX

Glix said:
Me either. Did you cheap out and do "Economy Bubble" like I did?

I'm in NY. I REALLY hope it comes today (but at least I have Lost to let me down easy if it doesn't)

Still havn't got mine either, I did economy shipping. Im in Cincinnati, OH and it says it shipped on April 15th. COME ON!!!!

cruets

just got mine from play asia today. i had the cheapest shipping, took two weeks from when they shipped it. still havent had a chance to play it yet ><

Teknoman

Lain said:
I got lucky this time, no custom and received 3 packages from them today, but it is so random.

The demo is pretty cool, but I died fighting the commander like an idiot. Went for the killing blow while low on health and he did the same, double ko and gameover for me.

Heh I kept thinking you had to heal Sazh.

Android18a said:

OUCH!! I thought the customs charge for my copy was bad (£13).

Anyway, after many many days of waiting my copy finally came today, and I must say it was worth every moment. I absolutely love the demo, but I'm fearful that if I play it too much, I will get bored easily. The demo lacks combos but my god the battle system is everything I imagined it to be, and it's not even finished! Nice job SE, can't wait for winter! :)

jiggle

watch has some uber high res fmv shots (and screens) up :O

ffxiii06.jpg

ffxiii14.jpg

ffxiii05.jpg

ffxiii25.jpg

ffxiii02.jpg

moar ===> http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/20090430_167921.html

Lain

So, I finished playing the demo and in the end I was a bit disappointed. It felt a bit boring, altho I realize that it was because the attack actions were pretty limited, being a demo and all.
Also watched FF:ACC for the first time and I found it to be alot better than many people gave it credit to (in the past). I mean, the story wasn't all that hot, but for everything else, it felt as final fantasy7 as it could be imho. Watching the fights and remembering the limit breaks and stuff, it was pretty pretty cool.

Mamesj

Banned
dallow_bg said:
What does this even mean?
They always do very good/cutting edge CG.

Except when they release a CG blu-ray movie in upscaled 480p :lol :lol

screens look awesome, but a little creepy. these people don't have any pores. they look like poorly airbrushed magazine models....

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Facial hair on a character with such perfect skin is really off-putting.

WTF I thought the Advent Children Complete BD was supposed to have English subtitles... WTF IS THIS SHIT?

...oh well, the demo's fun.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
polyh3dron said:
WTF I thought the Advent Children Complete BD was supposed to have English subtitles... WTF IS THIS SHIT?

...oh well, the demo's fun.

No, it was never going to have English subs, only an English dub.

Top Bottom