• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Cmagus

lol mine arrived today not only did the demo and movie cost me 90.00 but there was a 22.00 border fee most exspensive demo ever

BuRT!

Next time I purchase shit I will strongly consider getting a better shipping method
but still end up buying the cheap shit since $20 is a rip off.
Hopefully mine arrives tomorrow, jeez. If it doesn't I might have to punch myself in the face*

by buying demon's souls

tiedacK

Neo Member
I have not had the opportunity to play it but from watching all the coverage here and at 1up.com I cannot help but feel awesome inside every time a battle sequence starts. The music is AMAZING.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I actually liked yesasia's free shipping, the demo got here 1 week after the game was released :] but anyone know when it might add the game for pre-order? I got a coupon from it, but I don't want to waste it on some game that I don't want to get, which is overpriced to begin with.

Rez said:
Facial hair on a character with such perfect skin is really off-putting.

????

That doesn't make much sense.... he has only got some bum fluff anyway...Ive seen women with more facial hair than that... faciaol hair isnt incompatible with good skin

Anyway, agree that this game is certainly the best looking Ive played on consoles (prefer it to anything Ive played on pcs as well). It may sound cliche's but it almost feels like playing cg (to put it crudely)

Another thing that impressed me was that all the characters emote pretty convincingly...there is nothing 'uncanny' about this game

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
nelsonroyale said:
????

That doesn't make any sense.... he has only got some bum fluff anyway...Ive seen women with more facial hair than that...

Anyway, agree that this game is certainly the best looking Ive played on consoles (prefer it to anything Ive played on pcs as well). It may sound cliche's but it almost feels like playing cg (to put it crudely)
don't get me wrong, the presentation is awesome. but Snow's mini-neckbeard thing annoys the shit out of me. Looking at it makes me want to go get a razor and shave that shit off. :lol

Sazh's facial hair, on the other hand, works.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Mamesj said:
Except when they release a CG blu-ray movie in upscaled 480p :lol :lol

screens look awesome, but a little creepy. these people don't have any pores. they look like poorly airbrushed magazine models....

:lol
only thing that looks vastly different is th new scenes, kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.

Rez said:
don't get me wrong, the presentation is awesome. but Snow's mini-neckbeard thing annoys the shit out of me. Looking at it makes me want to go get a razor and shave that shit off. :lol

Sazh's facial hair, on the other hand, works.

damnit man... I have similar facial hair, thats why I was sticking up for him hehe

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
nelsonroyale said:
damnit man... I have similar facial hair, thats why I was sticking up for him hehe
you get a free pass, you're a real person. ;)

Rez said:
you get a free pass, you're a real person. ;)

Actually, its a bit more substantial than his and black...it does look a little more pathetic when blonde

love this design:

ffxiii15.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Hello, I don't mean to be annoying, but is there any chance of this coming to the PC? I agree this game is beautiful looking, but my HDTV is only 720p and it wouldnt make justice to this game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
godhandiscen said:
Hello, I don't mean to be annoying, but is there any chance of this coming to the PC? I agree this game is beautiful looking, but my HDTV is only 720p and it wouldnt make justice to this game.
Isn't its native res 720p? You should be fine.

As to a PC version, I doubt it. But who knows, it might happen; stranger things have occurred.

godhandiscen said:
Isn't the game's native resolution 720p?

StuBurns

Banned
godhandiscen said:
I'd be shocked if it comes to PC.

The game is 720p native, you're only missing out on the CG.

StuBurns

Banned
Teknoman said:
Eventually? I wouldn't. S-E seems like they are trying to branch out more.
I don't think they're branching out at all. They seem pretty much as insular as they always have been.

The vast majority of their projects are still exclusives. TLR wasn't, but they've since said making a game with the west in mind was a bad idea. FFXIII is multiplatform because it's costing an obscene amount. Rapture is as FFXI was.

It seems to be business as usual over there.

Teknoman

stuburns said:
I don't think they're branching out at all. They seem pretty much as insular as they always have been.

The vast majority of their projects are still exclusives. TLR wasn't, but they've since said making a game with the west in mind was a bad idea. FFXIII is multiplatform because it's costing an obscene amount. Rapture is as FFXI was.

It seems to be business as usual over there.

Whoops, had no idea they felt that way about TLR. Nevermind then :lol

Are they at least sticking with trying to get simultaneous releases? I know FFXIII wont be, but for whatever else.

StuBurns

Banned
Teknoman said:
Whoops, had no idea they felt that way about TLR. Nevermind then :lol

Are they at least sticking with trying to get simultaneous releases? I know FFXIII wont be, but for whatever else.
Yeah seems so, they've mentioned cutting down localization time again fairly recently.

They have a fairly substantial localization team internally in Japan, but for some insane reason in the passed they've finished the Japanese version, then given it to the localization team to work on as the production team make the changes. Now the localization team are being consulted during the Japanese versions production. Which should also help the writing quality, and massively cutdown any delay to a worldwide release.

Just watched AC. Amazing, the new scenes really improve the flow and feel of the movie. Sure, you can tell where the old stuff was upscaled, but it's definitely a fantastic thing to just watch. It made a lot more sense to me this time around, I think the new scenes made the movie make much more sense.

godhandiscen said:
How about instead of waiting for PC port, start saving up for a 1080p TV now. You can get a 52" Sony W-series for around $1500 these days and the prices will only be going down within the next year.

godhandiscen said:

I'm playing the game on a 22 inch HD monitor, in 720p, and the game looks as clean as any an all screens in this thread...the game is as clean as any I have played on pc or otherwise...

I think there is literally no chance of this game hitting pc sadly...FFX and FFXII didn't and this won't either... I can't imagine how good looking this game would look if they were targetting high end pcs... I think it would beat out crysis to honest considering... FF games really are graphical powerhouses...this absolutely crushes TLR pc in the visual department

Teknoman

Wonder how elemental weakness will factor into the break system, since physical seems to boost the percent, and magic just keeps the bar high.

BuRT!

U K Narayan said:
So... how the Hell do you beat the demo? That Behemoth(?) boss keeps launching me.

I beat him the first time I got there by doing blizaga, then 2 attacks, blizzaga, 2 attacks, repeat.

The next 2 times I've reached him I tried different combos and I lost both times by getting chain launched.

Blablurn

time to re-read the thread. got my copy today. awesome game. i tried a lot of RPG's in the last years but most of them didn't catch my attention. but FFXIII looks very promising. the new battle system is fantastic! really enjoying it!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
sorry if this has been posted before, but Kitase sez the English voice acting and text localization has already begun and they expect the game to be out in Europe not long after the JP version.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/fxiii_release_in_europe_sooner_than_a_year_after_japan.html

He said: “Obviously we would like to release it over here as soon as possible. Traditionally the Final Fantasy numbered series, it takes about half a year between the release in Japan and the release in North America, and another half a year before it's released in Europe. But we would like to minimise this, this time.

“For example we have already started recording English voices, and also the text localisation has been in progress, too. Normally we complete the Japanese version first, then move on to the US and EU versions, but this time there are some tasks that are happening simultaneously. So this time we're hoping to release sooner than a year later than the Japanese release.”

chandoog said:
sorry if this has been posted before, but Kitase sez the English voice acting and text localization has already begun and they expect the game to be out in Europe not long after the JP version.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/fxiii_release_in_europe_sooner_than_a_year_after_japan.html

suck me sideways!
but as the PS3 is region free...who in their right mind waits for the PAL release??
the Pal release will still be in english.... so why wait for ti when you can get the US version??

I never ever paid for a PAL FF game, I always imported them from US and I will do the same for this game

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
robertsan21 said:
suck me sideways!
but as the PS3 is region free...who in their right mind waits for the PAL release??
the Pal release will still be in english.... so why wait for ti when you can get the US version??

I never ever paid for a PAL FF game, I always imported them from US and I will do the same for this game

360 owners >_>

none of square's 360 games have been region free so far.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
U K Narayan said:
I still can't beat that behemoth boss. Keeps launching my ass. :mad:
I remember trying to move around, but I couldn't, I'm not sure if you can; moments like these are where XII's method was better. So, the one thing that irritated me about this games is that while the bad guys can run around in the battle field, you can't, only if you attack or something.

robertsan21 said:
suck me sideways!

Some people don't know English though and do need the subtitles.

Or if you're an unfortunate owner of a 360 ...jk

H_Prestige said:
Makes sense. In another recent interview he said PAL versions should be completed within six months.

He said 6 months from the finish of the Japanese version? I only read the PAL version would be released much faster than they had with the past games, which was closer to a year and a half.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Valkyr Junkie said:
He said 6 months from the finish of the Japanese version? I only read the PAL version would be released much faster than they had with the past games, which was closer to a year and a half.

Funny thing about that:

FFXII:

Release date(s) JP March 16, 2006
NA October 31, 2006
PAL February 23, 2007

FFX:

Release date(s) JP July 19, 2001
NA December 20, 2001
INT January 31, 2002
AUS May 17, 2002
EU May 29, 2002

Valkyr Junkie said:

Yes, after Japan's release. I think it was either the OPM or Edge interview from last month.

H_Prestige said:
Yes, after Japan's release. I think it was either the OPM or Edge interview from last month.

Gotcha, but I think it's gonna be hard for SE to break their old habits. They've released FF games only during the holiday season in NA since the SNES days, so it seems like releasing XIII in spring or early during summer unlikely even if it is ready to go. This is the same company that almost planned to delay the XIII release in Japan until after next March just because they didn't want their main franchises to both have a main title release in the same fiscal year. I think a major tell will be whether or not XIII has a presence at E3 this year.

Top Bottom