• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

cbox

Great now I'm worried since my touchpad has been sitting unused for about a month now off the touchstone... shit.

low battery "bricks" are fixable, you just need to have it fully charge after a hard reset. It can take a day sometimes.

Also make sure the adapter didn't "unscrew", sometimes it can still charge if it's not correctly connected, only itll be much slower.

Violater

I'm completely lost here.
Ok got the installation going, it had froze up on the HP logo for a long while.
Now Im stuck with with the Initial install files not being found. sighh...

reKon

Banned
To this day, I still can't believe I got this shit for $90, lol. Never any force closes, can stream all the media from my laptop, play from HBO GO/Netflix, and perfect for quick browsing. I don't care if it feels like a toy next to an ipad since it was this cheap and able to run CM 10 flawlessly.

To this day, I still can't believe I got this shit for $90, lol. Never any force closes, can stream all the media from my laptop, play from HBO GO/Netflix, and perfect for quick browsing. I don't care if it feels like a toy next to an ipad since it was this cheap and able to run CM 10 flawlessly.

I got it for $100 and feel the same way... except I never switched from WebOS because all I wanted it for was basic web browsing and that's worked perfectly anyway.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
My most successful thread is one I no longer visit, lol. I do regret selling my touchpad every once in a while, although I did make a profit. It had a ton of potential, that's for sure.

My virtual SD card had started vanishing from my CM9 install, so I finally got around to installing the latest build of CM10. I'm really impressed, at this point it's quite stable and even without the Linux 3.0.x kernel necessary for all the Project Butter optimizations in JB 4.1.2 it still flies compared to ICS 4.0.4 in CM9. If your Touchpad is still on CM9 or earlier, you really should considering upgrading. I wish I had done it sooner, I was just too lazy and really I never found a really good use for my TP after all this time. I guess I still mainly prefer laptops over tablets.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/31548-ro...-cm10-unofficial-preview-builds-edited-31913/

It's still the best 10-inch tablet you can buy if you're strapped for cash.

It's the only Android tablet I know of which is 10" and has a screen with the prized 4:3 aspect ratio. I'll never understand why the other Android tablets all use 16:9 or 16:10 screens, does Apple have a patent on 4:3 aspect or something?

Epic Citadel works on the Touchpad. I mean, I know it really does have a GPU (the Adreno 220) but to actually see the GPU work and do things is quite unexpected.

Screenshot_2013-03-21-01-16-00.png

So I found my touchpad yesterday and I let it charge up for a day. It works fine but I am on cyanogen 7.1, and I am wondering what the easiest way to upgrade it to 9 or 10 would be?

I figured it out. I had to uninstall cm7 first and then it went fine. I am on cm9 now, is it hard to go to cm10 from cm9, and is there any reason to?

You should've just used ACME3 and went straight to CM10.

The site I found the guide on said dont use acmeinstaller 3 and instead use 2 and go to 9. It took me hours to go through all the different info online and some of it contradicted other stuff that I has read.

Doopliss

I figured it out. I had to uninstall cm7 first and then it went fine. I am on cm9 now, is it hard to go to cm10 from cm9, and is there any reason to?
CM10 doesn't really have many extra features; the Google search app is much improved, especially for voice searches, and there are expandable notifications which can display more information and controls in the notification tray, but that's about all I've found useful. Its performance is quite a bit better than CM9, though, and they've added some animations which make it feel nicer to use. Stability and battery life seem about the same. The only downside I can think of is that Flash is no longer supported; you can still install it but it's really buggy.

The best way to upgrade is probably to just go from scratch, so wipe CM9 with ACMEUninstaller. Then put moboot 0.3.8, ClockworkMod 6, the latest Cyanogenmod 10 build and Google Apps for Android 4.1.2 into the cminstall folder on your Touchpad and do the install with ACMEInstaller3 (at your own risk etc.).

iirate

CM10 doesn't really have many extra features; the Google search app is much improved, especially for voice searches, and there are expandable notifications which can display more information and controls in the notification tray, but that's about all I've found useful. Its performance is quite a bit better than CM9, though, and they've added some animations which make it feel nicer to use. Stability and battery life seem about the same. The only downside I can think of is that Flash is no longer supported; you can still install it but it's really buggy.

The best way to upgrade is probably to just go from scratch, so wipe CM9 with ACMEUninstaller. Then put moboot 0.3.8, ClockworkMod 6, the latest Cyanogenmod 10 build and Google Apps for Android 4.1.2 into the cminstall folder on your Touchpad and do the install with ACMEInstaller3 (at your own risk etc.).

Is there anywhere that spells out doing this, specifically with ACMEInstaller? I've tried to do this using the guide that keeps getting posted here three different times, and I've gotten errors at every single install attempt. I used to have CM9, but I uninstalled it sometime ago and can't remember why, but even attempts to put it back on have been unsuccessful. I've done this once before(first try nonetheless), don't know why it's suddenly so difficult.

Joe

shot in the dark here:

does anyone know which HP wireless laser printers will allow wireless printing from Touchpad?

reKon

Banned
Download greenify! This + one of the later versions of CM 10 = much less than 1% drain an hour. My touchpad isn't losing anything at all. Idling was amazing even before trying greenify. I'll let you know how much greenify improves things, but here's a screen of what I've been typically getting without greenify:

Screenshot_2013-03-29-01-26-37.png

Screenshot_2013-03-29-01-26-41.png

I think that during those days, I definitely used youtube for over 10 mins for working out and I know that I did watch some videos a couple of days so average Youtube time was probably 30 minutes or so. No gaming and rest of the time browsing.

When I've been streaming from my laptop, the battery has been solid. I think that if I was to use it semi heavily, it would have 6+ hours of screen time easily.

Well, I traded in my Touchpad to Amazon the other day, if you have the box + cords + instruction books etc you can get 125$ for it, which all things considered isn't too bad for a 2 year old product.

Sure I probably could have sold it for more to someone nearby via Craigslist, but with the trade in value and some gift cards I have I can get a new lense for my camera, it'll be great.

I am a little sad to see it go, but I haven't used my Touchpad in months.

LordCanti

The site I found the guide on said dont use acmeinstaller 3 and instead use 2 and go to 9. It took me hours to go through all the different info online and some of it contradicted other stuff that I has read.

I'm at this point, except I'm trying to go from stock WebOS to whatever the newest/most stable Android port is, and I'm completely lost.

Is there a decent guide for doing this? I'm close to EOL with this touchpad, and I'm pretty much just wanting to install Android and use it as a security camera monitor with an app I can't get on WebOS.

I found a "noob installer". This should help :p

pje122

Can someone please link me to the latest version of CM10 that works the best?
Also maybe to installation instructions from CM9. Thank you!

iirate

I'm at this point, except I'm trying to go from stock WebOS to whatever the newest/most stable Android port is, and I'm completely lost.

Is there a decent guide for doing this? I'm close to EOL with this touchpad, and I'm pretty much just wanting to install Android and use it as a security camera monitor with an app I can't get on WebOS.

I found a "noob installer". This should help :p

Could you send me a link? Last time I tried to reinstall from stock was a complete failure.

My touchpad is completely messed up somehow. Can't boot to anything other than the question mark battery screen. Found a solution involving ubuntu but I can't even get a usb logo to show up on the screen so I don't know if I can follow the guide

Basically just happened completely randomly while plugged in one night. As far as I know it's fully charged but I just can't get it to turn on

Top Bottom