• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Ashhong

Damn, almost forgot I had this thing. Anybody want to buy (another?) Touchpad? 16gb, no cracks etc. Still on CM9 I think..

I accidentally knocked mine off today and it fell from a height of 1 meter onto hard floor... I screamed FUCK! as I picked it up expecting it to be broken... but luckily not a scratch! Whew

Sooo I just did a fresh install of CM9 on my touchpad and I was greeted with the dastardly "Unfortunately keyboard has stopped working". It tries to reboot every 5 seconds and I get that error every time. Any ideas GAF?

SKINNER!

Banned
What's this I'm hearing about CM10 Touchpads messing up if the battery reaches 0% and completely drains? I usually leave my TP on and forget about it sometimes which results in it frequently running out of juice. Apart from fixing the camera, have they sorted this out? There seems to be a temporary fix/add-on where the TP switches itself off when it reaches 5% but I'm hoping that I won't have to use it if it's already been sorted.

Mission

This evening mine suddenly won't get past the CM9 boot screen. I think I left it going for at least 10-15 minutes. I'll have to see what to do about it.

aaaand factory reset in clockworkmod is the only way to fix it. It's not a bad idea to cleanup like that once in a while anyhow and this one was upgraded from CM7 so there will be a lot of crap there.

But it sucks to loose all of my config and the progress in any games I was playing.

Petrie

Banned
So this morning my touchpad booted to an all blue screen. I did the hard reset holding the 3 keys, but now it won't seem to power on. Any ideas?

RBH

So I haven't bothered with my Touchpad in months, and now I want to put Android on this thing in order to watch Netflix on it.

Anyone have a good step-by-step guide for putting Android on the Touchpad for a technically inept person like myself?

1-D_FTW

What's this I'm hearing about CM10 Touchpads messing up if the battery reaches 0% and completely drains? I usually leave my TP on and forget about it sometimes which results in it frequently running out of juice. Apart from fixing the camera, have they sorted this out? There seems to be a temporary fix/add-on where the TP switches itself off when it reaches 5% but I'm hoping that I won't have to use it if it's already been sorted.

Seems some have this issue. And it's not a CM thing. It has the same issue with WebOS. And even if you replace the battery, it can still have it and refuse to ever charge again. There's a thread at the forums on it. Thankfully, it's never happened to me. But I am careful not to let it hit 0 now.

equap

Banned
I tried to install CM9 on my touchpad but I got stuck at the USB logo screen when I did the "novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2" command.

anyone here had same issue and how did you fix it?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
My CM9 Touchpad suddenly just isn't turning on anymore. Any ideas? Tried holding the main power button for a while, tried doing power button + volume up + face button for a while, tried a few other random combinations. It's been plugged in all day so I know battery charge isn't the issue, unless maybe the battery itself is just totally dead.

eastmen

Banned
My CM9 Touchpad suddenly just isn't turning on anymore. Any ideas? Tried holding the main power button for a while, tried doing power button + volume up + face button for a while, tried a few other random combinations. It's been plugged in all day so I know battery charge isn't the issue, unless maybe the battery itself is just totally dead.

are you using the official plug ? If you are sometimes you have to unscrew the bottom piece and put it back together. I'd try another charger for a bit.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
are you using the official plug ? If you are sometimes you have to unscrew the bottom piece and put it back together. I'd try another charger for a bit.

Tried two separate official plugs. Both work in my phone and in one of my Touchpads but don't work in the other, which is why I'm pretty sure it's a tablet problem and not a charger problem.

Ashhong

Isn't there a known issue with the TP if you let it run out of batteries? I don't have mine anymore (finally sold it, and at a profit too!) but I remember the CM team giving warnings about that stuff.

1-D_FTW

Isn't there a known issue with the TP if you let it run out of batteries? I don't have mine anymore (finally sold it, and at a profit too!) but I remember the CM team giving warnings about that stuff.

That's my understanding too. It's just a POS in this sense. Because even the stock WebOS is Russian roulette if you let it go dead.

cbox

Mine did that. I don't use it as much as I used to and I let it go for about a week. It wouldn't even charge, I had to hold the power and start button on for what seemed like forever while on the charger for it to boot up again. Now it's permanently stuck on my touchstone charger and it acts as a streaming music player and email/facebook machine, and that's about it.

reKon

Banned
Mine did that. I don't use it as much as I used to and I let it go for about a week. It wouldn't even charge, I had to hold the power and start button on for what seemed like forever while on the charger for it to boot up again. Now it's permanently stuck on my touchstone charger and it acts as a streaming music player and email/facebook machine, and that's about it.

There's a fix for this. Go on Rootzwiki

segasonic

Push Power + Home for like 20 seconds.

Ashhong

To be fair, my nieces Nexus 7 does the same thing. The thing died and we didn't charge it for a while. It wouldn't charge up or something, I thought it died. Had to let it charge for a really long time before I saw any signs of life.

reKon

Banned
The CM ROM is still updated BTW. The last build is for 03/04. Streaming from my laptop right now while I'm in bed

#tabletlife?

bbdude

I'm clumsy as hell.

I've spilled a cup of water on this thing, and dropped it face-down on the floor a few times. The screen has what I assume to be water stains, and I somehow scratched the gorilla glass. The thing still keeps on kickin' though. It's awesome

Fatalah

Thanks I'm shocked how long it's taken for a proper CM10 ROM. I guess cheaper tablet options took the wind out of TP's Android development "sails".

Violater

Mother of God, is this the update that I have been waiting for?
Am going to need a tutorial on how to do a full wipe and installation.

ChRoNiTe

So my Touchpad has been sitting on the touchstone charger for a few months displaying the digital clock. I took it off the other day and noticed some pretty bad image retention where the status bar is and some numbers where the time was displayed.

I powered it off and let it sit overnight and it faded a little bit, but it's still pretty noticeable on grey screens. Anyone else run into this?

So my Touchpad has been sitting on the touchstone charger for a few months displaying the digital clock. I took it off the other day and noticed some pretty bad image retention where the status bar is and some numbers where the time was displayed.

I powered it off and let it sit overnight and it faded a little bit, but it's still pretty noticeable on grey screens. Anyone else run into this?

Burn-in is possible on LCD. You don goofed.

reKon

Banned
Mother of God, is this the update that I have been waiting for?
Am going to need a tutorial on how to do a full wipe and installation.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/31548-ro...s-cm10-unofficial-preview-builds-edited-3613/

This can be confusing, but everything you need is here. Just use the schizo ROM instead of the 03/04 build. Also, I'm pretty sure that you can safely install with the updated CWM 6 that's in that thread and TWRP recovery now instead of ACMEinstaller3.

reKon

Banned
Could you please expand on this statement?

I don't get this either, CM 10 is nearly perfect in terms of speed and stability when in landscape mode. For some reason in portrait, everything seems less smooth. I'm not saying it lags or delays either, the framerate is a few steps down and I'm not sure why. This has been the case for any CM ROM I've ever installed on a touchpad.

SRG01

Seeing as that could happen in WebOS too, I think it's a hardware issue and can't be fixed in software.

I never let any of my rechargable devices get to 0% battery; because it damages the battery.

Really? I've never had it happen to me in webOS or CM9.

Top Bottom