• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Manga Discussion/News Thread!! New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Himuro said:
You'd think that the Third would be all...

"You know what? You people are fools for making this boy feel like crap. He's the son of the 4th Hokage and eir to the Uzamaki bloodline. For now, he's living at my place."

But nooo, let's have Naruto drink spoiled milk and feel utterly worthless.

:lol
At least JK Rowling threw us a bone and explained Dumbledore's decision to let Harry Potter live with some people who essentially beat him and abused him daily.

The stupidest part is, it was pretty common knowledge among the Konoha villagers that the Nine Tailed Fox was sealed in some asshole kid; and then later on, randomly, the village leaders decide the Fox is some awesome weapon and they don't want to let Naruto leave the village.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Himuro said:
What would Naruto seek revenge on? The 9 tailed fox in his very stomach?
Probably. H might have hated himself and the village. Or if someone told him Madara was responsible for his parents dead, he would be looking to avenge their deaths. Might be where the next chapter is heading.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It would be pretty funny if he decided it was all Madara Uchiha's fault and made it his mission to kill the Uchiha who ruined his beloved clan. :lol

Angry Grimace said:
They definetely did not know Naruto was Minato's son; the Third chose not to tell anyone on the (very random) grounds that "there might be trouble" if people knew he was the Fourth's son (which of course, makes absolutely no sense, because Minato just claims the third sealed all information about the fox, but that makes no sense why Minato being related to Naruto would have anything to do with it).

Wouldn't the son of a hokage being a jinchuriki lead to trust issues among the people? I mean, couldn't that be a reason why the Sand was a shithole at one point?

Yoboman

Dumbledore didn't want Naruto to get a big head for being the boy who lived when Madara attacked and killed his parents so he kept that information hidden away so Naruto could attend Ninja school like a normal boy.

Zoe

Himuro said:
I just don't get why they'd want to want keep Naruto being the son of the 4th hidden. Okay, it makes sense for dramatic storyline purposes, but still!

There's already an established history of other villages (Cloud) kidnapping important children.

survivor

Banned
So I just read SWOT. Looks like a bad Beelzebub's rip so far. That red haired guy's priorities are also so over the top and ridiculous. Also is it just me or did the main guy look like a combination of Takagi from Bakuman and Spirit from Soul Eater?

Witches

Read the first chapter. I'm thinking "man, this is pretty boring". Then the kid turns himself into water with all his organs visible and a fucked up face. It instantly reminded me of Uzumaki.

I doubt I'll share Flawfuls enthusiasm about the manga, but I'm definitely intrigued enough to continue.

Pein

Banned
Himuro said:
You'd think that the Third would be all...

"You know what? You people are fools for making this boy feel like crap. He's the son of the 4th Hokage and heir to the Uzamaki bloodline. For now, he's living at my place."

But nooo, let's have Naruto drink spoiled milk and feel utterly worthless.

:lol
That me laugh so hard

fireside

SaintR said:
Sorry guys but a quick question. I stumbled upon a baseball manga recently and can't for the life of me remember the name of it. The main character used to be an ace pitcher but throws out his arm after a surgery like in the first chapter or 2; he's suppose to become the cleanup batter (inferred in the opening of the manga). I think its only on chapter 7 or 8(or that's what I read so far), so any help would be appreciated
Shinyaku "Kyojin no Hoshi” Hanagata?

Stage On

Himuro said:
I just don't get why they'd want to want keep Naruto being the son of the 4th hidden. Okay, it makes sense for dramatic storyline purposes, but still!

It's Simple. Hidden Stone was scared so shitless of the 4th during the war that they had orders to run from him on SIGHT!

In other words they treated him like he was a SS rank ninja not to be triffled with and he killed a LOT of their ninja.

If Stone knew that Naruto was the 4th's son they would either try to kill him to get revenge and prevent a second coming of the yellow flash or worse kidnap him in hopes of making him into their OWN trump card.

Simply put it was too dangerious for Naruto or most anyone else to know his heritage until he would be old enough to protect himself. It's clear that the only ones who knew where those close to the 4th. The elders, The 3rd and his wife, The sannin that hadn't abandoned the village and Kakashi

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Stage On said:
It's Simple. Hidden Stone was scared so shitless of the 4th during the war that they had orders to run from him on SIGHT!

In other words they treated him like he was a SS rank ninja not to be triffled with and he killed a LOT of their ninja.

If Stone knew that Naruto was the 4th's son they would either try to kill him to get revenge and prevent a second coming of the yellow flash or worse kidnap him in hopes of making him into their OWN trump card.

Simply put it was too dangerious for Naruto or most anyone else to know his heritage until he would be old enough to protect himself. It's clear that the only ones who knew where those close to the 4th. The elders, The 3rd and his wife, The sannin that hadn't abandoned the village and Kakashi
Good point. The village might have also been under a spell not to say anything, like Sai.

upandaway

Psyren

It's about as normal as Psyren could be normal, still. Hopefully it'll end on a happy note because it sure doesn't seem that way.

For the final fight, we should get surprise appearances of: the teacher, the Rise guy, the twin sister and those fighters from the hidden island (with the lion and the cutting).
Maybe not that last one. Did I miss anyone?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, I am just going to toss these guesses at Bakuman's story out now, lets see if I am right I am. I'll come back when chapter 108 is out if I remember and see if I am right at all.

1) PCP is able to beat Natural+, but not Crow, the editor is dead set on canceling PCP because he is an ass, but Eiji will do the unexpected and use his right to cancel a series and cancel his own series, thus making PCP better then it, PLOT TWIST!

2) Manga will be 108 chapters. If I am right, this means it will be over by mid October.

3) Mashiro and Miho live happily ever after, rather then killing Miho off and saving us from the dragging on this dumb romance.

Last note, Perfect Crime Party is a dumb name.

Himuro said:
Naruto

I'm past where I left off 5 years ago and the more I read the more I think many people are harder than Naruto than they should be. Either that, or it's THAT much better than Bleach.

Naruto is good fun to marathon. When you're keeping up with it on a weekly basis, you realize how much wasted potential there is. Basically, it's the exact opposite of Bleach in that there's a content issue rather than a pacing issue.

Himuro said:
Naruto

I'm past where I left off 5 years ago and the more I read the more I think many people are harder than Naruto than they should be. Either that, or it's THAT much better than Bleach.

lol, well Naruto is tons better than Bleach, it actually has lovable and amazing characters and artwork, unpredictable story, and a nine tailed demon fox

MrSerrels

flawfuls said:
Manga of the Week

This week's manga is Witches by Daisuke Igarashi. Daisuke Igarashi is my favourite mangaka and this is his probably his best work.
It's made up of a few fairly fleshed out stories. The artwork is absolutely incredible, it may be the most beautiful looking manga I've ever read.
The ideas the stories are based around are really interesting are original and the writing itself is several notches above most manga.
Seriously this manga is fantastic, if I can only get you to read one thing read this.

Will read this after I'm done with Pluto (which is amazing). I like Children of the Sea, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this.

Found witches from your epic recommendation thread, which is the best thing ever by the way. :D

MrSerrels

Drkirby said:
Oh, I am just going to toss these guesses at Bakuman's story out now, lets see if I am right I am. I'll come back when chapter 108 is out if I remember and see if I am right at all.

1) PCP is able to beat Natural+, but not Crow, the editor is dead set on canceling PCP because he is an ass, but Eiji will do the unexpected and use his right to cancel a series and cancel his own series, thus making PCP better then it, PLOT TWIST!

It's definitely this. I'm so sure of it now! Thanks for ruining the inevitable twist :lol

Jerk

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
lol, well Naruto is tons better than Bleach, it actually has lovable and amazing characters and artwork, unpredictable story, and a nine tailed demon fox

They are both pretty terrible, but I like Bleach more because of Kubo's artwork. Not as detailed as Kishi, but he has a lot more talent and does a much better job at making his characters both uniform and unique (and practical-ish).

As for writing...

Bleach is bland, content-deficient and terribly paced.

Naruto is simply juvenile and awkwardly written. Most of its illogic stems less from the turns in the plot, and more from the dialogue (the opposite is true for Bleach).

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
upandaway said:
Psyren

It's about as normal as Psyren could be normal, still. Hopefully it'll end on a happy note because it sure doesn't seem that way.

For the final fight, we should get surprise appearances of: the teacher, the Rise guy, the twin sister and those fighters from the hidden island (with the lion and the cutting).
Maybe not that last one. Did I miss anyone?
The actor that went missing a while ago, as well as what happened ageha and crew in the future

upandaway

Himuro said:
It truly is fun to marathon.
It's the worst damn feeling when you're done though. The absolute worst.

It's like you need to get used to not having a new chapter.

Psyren

Parallax said:
The actor that went missing a while ago, as well as what happened ageha and crew in the future
Oh right Oboro, he showed up as the masked guy (probably) a little while ago. He may not be an enemy.

It doesn't really make sense that Ageha will not stay in Root though, if he did exist in the future normally.

Also I forgot to add, but it will be really boring if they have to fight the same people again in the present afterwards. Something will probably pop up to shuffle the cards a little.

cosmicblizzard said:
Wouldn't the son of a hokage being a jinchuriki lead to trust issues among the people? I mean, couldn't that be a reason why the Sand was a shithole at one point?
The people of Kumogakure don't seem to have a problem with Killer Bee, the brother of the fourth Raikage.

nvm, they hated him at the beginning. :lol

I haven't read One Piece since the flashback started and I'm up to speed now. I am so hyped to see the crew together again. The 2 page spread reunion picture should make for an awesome wallpaper.

Lirlond

Just finished Sanctuary, was so intense, I couldn't put it down at all, that rarely happens to me with Manga. I just couldn't believe how good it was.

finowns

flawfuls said:
Ocha Nigosu started two years before Beelzebub so if anything Beelzebub is ripping off Ocha Nigosu.

Wow. I feel like an idiot. I assumed because Ocha Nigosu has only 22 ch and beelzebub is at like 70.

flawfuls

finowns said:
Wow. I feel like an idiot. I assumed because Ocha Nigosu has only 22 ch and beelzebub is at like 70.

It's an understandable mistake. Ocha Nigosu is actually already over in Japan with 11 volumes, it's just that the scanlations are behind.

Angry Grimace

Drkirby said:

2) Manga will be 108 chapters. If I am right, this means it will be over by mid October.

3) Mashiro and Miho live happily ever after, rather then killing Miho off and saving us from the dragging on this dumb romance.

Last note, Perfect Crime Party is a dumb name.
Crow isn't in first. We can assume One Piece is still around since Crow is always something like fourth when they show the rankings. :lol

Angry Grimace said:
Naruto is decent, you guys just hate everything.

Speaking of which, do we have any idea how many people visit Onemanga? I think it's interesting how Naruto is still on top after all these years.

I mean the internet has always hated popular things, but Gaf might be an anomaly here.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
cosmicblizzard said:
Speaking of which, do we have any idea how many people visit Onemanga? I think it's interesting how Naruto is still on top after all these years.

I mean the internet has always hated popular things, but Gaf might be an anomaly here.
Onemanga is the 908th most-visited website on the internet according to Google and has over 4.2 million unique visitors per month. Onemanga long ago went "mainstream".

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No content, just squeeing.

Gensou_Shoujo_toi8_Art_Works_Review_01.jpg

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Angry Grimace said:
Crow isn't in first. We can assume One Piece is still around since Crow is always something like fourth when they show the rankings. :lol
They showed off the in-universe rankings in chapter 50. They're all fictional series. Despite the numerous meta-references, none of those real series seem to exist in-universe as far as the rankings plot is concerned.

Vox-Pop said:
I know, they even hate the awesomeness of Bleach.

Are you a diehard bleach fanatic? lol, I think after being here awhile, I thikn Im starting to see how heavily some people lean towards their shonen manga.

Though seriously, Bleach is fun with inner Ichigo, cause when he shows up its awesome.

upandaway

Kyou Kara Ore Wa

:lol I love this development so much. Final page is golden.
My mouth kinda hurts from laughing now.

grandjedi6 said:
They showed off the in-universe rankings in chapter 50. They're all fictional series. Despite the numerous meta-references, none of those real series seem to exist in-universe as far as the rankings plot is concerned.
Hm that seems kinda weird. They can't do it because of something legal or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom