• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official New Super Mario Bros. Wii Thread

2hpm2cj.jpg

2im3qs6.jpg

30nasmv.jpg

eqou8h.jpg

• Title: New Super Mario Bros. Wii

• Platform: Nintendo Wii

• Developer: Nintendo EAD

• Genre: 2-D Platformer

• Control Types: Wii Remote and Wii Remote with Nunchuk.

• Release Dates:

AUS: November 11th 09

US: November 15th 09

EU: November 20th 09

JP: December 3rd 09

• Rated: E for Everyone

• Official Site
2uf4j7a.jpg

• Four Player Local Co-Op for the first time ever in a 2D Mario Platforming Adventure.

Playable characters include Mario, Luigi, Blue Toad, and Yellow Toad.

• New Power Ups including:

A Propeller Suit -

Which allows players to launch up into the air before spinning back to the ground

A Penguin Suit -

Which allows the player to use a powerful sliding attack, swim faster, and shoot ice balls.

An Ice Flower Suit -

Which allows the player to freeze enemies and use them as platforms.

• Versus Multiplayer including two modes:

Coin Battle - in which there are specially designed coin-filled stages to compete in and to snag the most coins.

Free For All - in which you are given easy access to any level and you compete for the highest score.

• A Super Guide Mode:

In which new players who die more than eight times on a level will be offered the choice to have the game perform

and complete a particular part a player is stuck on. The player may resume control at any time by hitting any button.

Players who don't use the Super Guide once throughout their adventure are said to earn a prize at the end of the game.

• Quick Save: Players can save at anytime during a level and the game will remember your progress.

• An all new adventure, this is not a remake of the DS game!

• Eight Worlds to traverse and over 80 levels to explore.

• Three Collectible Coins in each level used to unlock rewards.

• And of course the return of Yoshi and the Koopa Kids!

• More Questions? SEE FAQ

119qz5k.jpg

2ihmgaq.jpg

a4v3q1.jpg

mkiu50.jpg

• Cinematic Opening

• "The game will follow the traditional storyline of Princess Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser.

When Mario, Luigi, Blue Toad, and Yellow Toad are celebrating Princess Peach's birthday in her castle, a large cake reels in.

Immediately Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings pop out and throw the cake on top of Peach, trapping her.

The cake is loaded onto Bowser's airship and takes off, with the Mario brothers and the Toads giving chase.

The Toads in the castle then grant them access to the Propeller and Penguin Suits via a cannon. "
15oatl4.jpg

2ihmgaq.jpg

21111dz.jpg

4r22wy.jpg

2enme5e.jpg

168wvvd.jpg

2ihmgaq.jpg

2e589zm.jpg

20shljk.jpg

2viqwlj.jpg

• More Screens: Here

• More High-Res Art: Here
if1xmc.jpg

2epnclg.jpg

6y0eup.jpg

2qi4d48.jpg

72u805.jpg

5bd9mq.jpg

b54eqb.jpg

2hf2aut.jpg

29xsv7.jpg

x3xvdv.jpg

349fd78.jpg

• Stay Tuned For More Updates!

• 11/2/09: Updated Descriptions, Added Graphics, Added Video

• 11/3/09: Added information on the Versus Multiplayer modes, Pre-Orders and Quick Saves. Also added a FAQ and Screenshots.

• 11/4/09: Added an Updated Preview from 1UP and a Game Informer Video.

• 11/5/09: Added German Gamepro Video Preview and CVG Review.

• 11/8/09: Added Music Section.

• 11/9/09: Added IGN AU Review and IGN's Top Five Favorite Levels Video.

• 11/12/09: Added Super Skills World 1-3 Video and Giant Bomb Quick Look.

• 11/13/09: Added 1UP, IGN, Gamespot and Aussie Nintendo Reviews.

• 11/14/09: Added Gamespy, Destructoid, Gametrailers, Game Informer and G4's Reviews.

• 11/15/09 Added Impulse Gamer, Giant Bomb and Nintendo Life Reviews. Also the game is out!

2zh17d0.jpg

b54eqb.jpg

jpvrcy.jpg

LiK

aw man, i had an official thread in the works. i was told it was too early to post it. fuck, now i need to delete it...

LiK said:
aw man, i had an official thread in the works. i was told it was too early to post it. fuck, now i need to delete it...

Ah, damn I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had one coming. I figured it's been a while and the game is coming out really soon. The hype thread dropped off so I decided to make this one.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Cygnus X-1 said:
I suppose anyway that the soundtrack is not orchestrated, right?

Orchestrated soundtracks would blow for old-school Mario, anyways. Chiptunes or bust.

LiK

DancingJesus said:
Ah, damn I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had one coming. I figured it's been a while and the game is coming out really soon. The hype thread dropped off so I decided to make this one.

ah well, no prob. you made more graphics than me. kinda sucks that i did all that research for nothing, lol. maybe next time. nice work OP.

btw, Edge Magazine gave it a 7

I still don't like the fact that they didn't really try to give good characters for a third or fourth player to actually like to control, but ah well. Looks pretty good.

upandaway

DancingJesus said:
New Power Ups including:

A Propeller Suit - which allows them to launch up into the air before spinning back to the ground

A Penguin Suit - which allows the player to slide across slippery slopes and shoot ice balls

An Ice Flower Suit - which allows the player to freeze enemies and use them as platforms.
Are those out of a press release or something? Because it's already been confirmed by.. uh.. one of the Nintendo magazines, that the Penguin Suit is just a better Ice Flower suit (or was it the other way around? fuck), meaning it simply gives players better friction than the Ice Flower or something, and other than that, they're the same.

Penguin

upandaway said:
Are those out of a press release or something? Because it's already been confirmed by.. uh.. one of the Nintendo magazines, that the Penguin Suit is just a better Ice Flower suit (or was it the other way around? fuck), meaning it simply gives players better friction than the Ice Flower or something, and other than that, they're the same.

Which is what he said, no?

2 questions, are the bosses going to be a joke like they were on DS and is this game worth getting if you plan on playing it solo?

usea

upandaway said:
It's 1-4 players.
So does the CPU control the other guys if you play alone? Or are they just not there.

Also, can I use the classic controller or gamecube controller? Can it be played with the wii remote held sideways like an NES controller?

upandaway

usea said:
So does the CPU control the other guys if you play alone? Or are they just not there.

Also, can I use the classic controller or gamecube controller? Can it be played with the wii remote held sideways like an NES controller?
It can only be played with the Wiimote sideways man. And if you're less than 4, there aren't any added CPU dudes, you're just less.

Davey Cakes

Only two more weeks. Can't wait to get my hands in this game. I could really go for some 2D Mario platforming goodness right about now.

faridmon

this game was the most fun game I played in Eurogamer Expo. Can't wait to get it
when i have the money to buy a flipping Wii

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
jarosh said:
yes. it's basically a remake of the ds game with forced co-op.
Why are you talking about Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition in this thread?
;)

Top Bottom