• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official New Super Mario Bros. Wii Thread

HUELEN10

With all the Australia talk, I thought it would be appropriate to link you all to this and ask for your opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta0DlcxyY5M
As for the thread, New Mario and Star Trek on BD on the same week makes for super-awesome! I cannot wait to play and beat the game. Knowing me, I'll probably pull an all-nighter for it! :D

TreIII

BRING IT. This game may be the last one I buy this year, but it will be a nice way to wrap this year up nicely.

batbeg

It's a sexy few weeks for me. LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier, and then New Super Mario Bros Wii.

<3 platforming.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Much like I failed to look forward to NSMB DS, and ultimately wound up liking it A LOT, I haven't really been anticipating NSMB Wii. I saw some recent vids (including an amazing super skills play vid), and now I can't wait!

Nessus

OMG Aero said:
It was special backgrounds for the menu on the bottom screen and the Toad houses that gave you items never ran out. So yeah, don't keep your hopes up for a good reward for all star coins.

Why can't they just look at Yoshi's Island and do what they did?

Get 100% on every level in a world unlock a new bonus level. One bonus level per world, unlocked at the completion of each world, not at the very end of the game.

Anth0ny

I refuse to get excited for a Nintendo game. They've let me down too many times.

However, from what I've heard about the difficulty, I've gotta admit, I have a good feeling about this game :D

Captain N

Mejilan said:
Much like I failed to look forward to NSMB DS, and ultimately wound up liking it A LOT, I haven't really been anticipating NSMB Wii. I saw some recent vids (including an amazing super skills play vid), and now I can't wait!

The Super Skills video got me very excited for the game. It looks like something I'd love to be able to do with the game.

Yagharek

Like I did with Uncharted 2, Ive kept away from preview vids and trailers for this game. What Ive seen so far looks fantastic. Too bad I wont get to play it til early/mid january.

Maron

So I'll be able to just go to Best Buy and purchase this on the Sunday (Nov 15) that was announced as the release date, right?

AniHawk

Maron said:
So I'll be able to just go to Best Buy and purchase this on the Sunday (Nov 15) that was announced as the release date, right?

Yep, you should be able to walk into the store and pick it up.

BowieZ

Banned
AniHawk said:
Yep, you should be able to walk into the store and pick it up.
Yep, and you may need a car to drive there. Also, waking up at some point during the day -- preferably in the morning giving you ample time to travel to a store during its opening hours -- is ideal.

:p

HUELEN10

BowieZ said:
Yep, and you may need a car to drive there. Also, waking up at some point during the day -- preferably in the morning giving you ample time to travel to a store during its opening hours -- is ideal.

:p
No BowieZ, you failed to get the old reference. AniHawk was making a jab at the Wii at launch, when someone said they could just walk in during their lunch hour to get one.

BowieZ

Banned
10 sleeps left!

HUELEN10 said:
No BowieZ, you failed to get the old reference. AniHawk was making a jab at the Wii at launch, when someone said they could just walk in during their lunch hour to get one.
Frankly, I can't say I mind failing to get that reference...

Gameboy415

Just pre-ordered from Play-Asia.com! :D
Thanks to my American Wii, I'll be playing it 3 weeks before the rest of Japan! Mwahaha!

Truth be told, I didn't like NSMB on DS as much as the classic Marios but I'm hoping the multiplayer in this one will be fun to play with the g/f.

upandaway

Gameboy415 said:
Just pre-ordered from Play-Asia.com! :D
Thanks to my American Wii, I'll be playing it 3 weeks before the rest of Japan! Mwahaha!
What the fuck is the point of this? How are we supposed to play the game before Japan if Japanese people can just import it and play it like nothing happened?

I don't like this.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
2009 has been a really disappointing year in terms of games, for me... hopefully this game will totally save it from being a complete waste. Game looks absolutely fantastic.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
HUELEN10 said:
"Someone?" You mean everyone, very few people before the Wii Launched thought it would of had shortages, we were all so sure Nintendo would be able to produce more then enough for launch.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm picking this up mostly to play with my buddies who come over every weekend. This is going to be a great friday night tradition. :D

The gameplay video on the Nintendo Channel is awesome. I felt like yelling out "oh oh! There's that level! And that thing was in that game! Remember that part?"

Dibs on Luigi. :D

Aside from the Yoshi's Island and Paper Mario games which took things towards different gameplay mechanics...

is this the first real Mario game on a 2D-plane to hit a Nintendo home console for like... 18 years?

&#9834; 18 years, 18 years, Games got koopa kids and I been waitin 18 years!
Nintendo take my money, when I'm in neeeeed &#9834;

gimz

does anyone else think that kooper kids are gonna be unlockable characters in the game?

like after u beat the whole thing or something

upandaway

gimz said:
does anyone else think that kooper kids are gonna be unlockable characters in the game?

Of all the things you could choose to believe...

Drkirby said:
"Someone?" You mean everyone, very few people before the Wii Launched thought it would of had shortages, we were all so sure Nintendo would be able to produce more then enough for launch.
Don't group me with you guys and your inferior abilities to predict :p

Proven

-PXG- said:
Will the Nintendo World Store hold a launch event?

Probably. Nothing confirmed yet, but Nintendo World has definitely been ramping up the amount of weekend events the pull off. If I don't go the Gamefly route, that's where I'm picking up my copy.

OMG Aero

gimz said:

I think that when you beat the game 100% without using the super guide you unlock the angry sun from SMB3 as a playable character.

gimz said:

I don't believe so, one of the reviews said the four main characters are strictly it.

Preordered it Friday

OMG Aero said:
I think that when you beat the game 100% without using the super guide you unlock the angry sun from SMB3 as a playable character.

I hope I can figure all of the secrets out without using a guide. Like Super Mario Galaxy. No guide for me

upandaway

Blueblur1 said:
I just want to be able to play as Luigi in single player. :p
This ain't healthy man.

Aero said:
Reeaallly ain't healthy.

Magypsy23

Banned
Nintendo Greece is offering NSMB Wii hats, keyrings and sticker sets with all preorders. But I've already preordered the tin edition from Gamestation. :/

OMG Aero said:
Awesome! I get to fly through all of the levels in a straight line, burning all enemies in my path!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Okay, quick and pointless Koopa Kid question for you: what is up with that star imprint over Morton Koopa Jr.'s left eye?

Top Bottom