• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Red Faction: Guerilla Thread of Rhinopackin' through Space

a Master Ninja said:
I've got 4 keychains to give away. Who wants one?
140dcuu.jpg

ME!

I can retire this goofy R* one I've been using!

One thing I dig (watching the 6 Hour Archive) is the design on the Upgrade Station entries. Nice Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe retro feel.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
BenjaminBirdie said:
One thing I dig (watching the 6 Hour Archive) is the design on the Upgrade Station entries. Nice Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe retro feel.

Yeah, I like stuff like that. Kinda reminds me of the bioshock plasmid videos.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
bestami said:
That ostrich video impressed me more than the actual gameplay videos.

For ppl who haven't watched it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKi5-ZSKh24
I swear this makes me want to buy the game, and I didn't have much interest before PLUS I missed the Ostrich thread. :lol
a Master Ninja said:
I've got 4 keychains to give away. Who wants one?
140dcuu.jpg
Me too, if you've got any left! I'M ALL IN ON THIS GAME NOW!

Phthisis

I can't see any game topping this for multiplayer game of the year unless some seriously awesome shit happens. I really want the street date to hit so more people can populate the online modes; almost all of the game types are fun as hell.

Phthisis said:
I can't see any game topping this for multiplayer game of the year unless some seriously awesome shit happens. I really want the street date to hit so more people can populate the online modes; almost all of the game types are fun as hell.

Modern Warfare 2.

robot

So I completely skipped over any info about this game, and was reminded of it's release thanks to the sunday paper.

Went to go download the demo and barf - multiplayer only. Having being burned by the Bionic Commando demo, taking 10 minutes to find a game and whatnot...I almost didn't download this. Well that and I rarely play anything multiplayer unless it's with friends or co-op. I was reminded why later on.

For some reason, I decided to download it any way, and 3 hours later I'm freakin stoked for the release. I'll have to get involved in whatever GAF meetups are planned, as I received a few hate PMs here and there for I guess doing pretty good, but other than that it was a blast. I only played Damage Control, and honestly will probably stick with that in the retail version. A couple of things I love:

- Controls are perfectly laid out. Switching weapons, activating backpacks - everything is perfectly mapped to the controller.

- The backpacks. Holy shit the backpacks. I didn't realize what they were until my 2nd game, and the first one I got was the Rhino. Incredible. They open up a whole other dimension of strategy, and I know things like this have been done before but they seem so much more intergrated into this game. Smashing through someones tower then shoulder tackling 2 enemies was a highlight. And the Swift backpack was bad ass. Actually they all are.

- Damage Control was one of the most fun mutliplayer games I've played in a long time. I loved sneaking in and hacking away at towers as much as building them back up with that laser thing. Great mode, really sold me on the game.

I havent discovered anything wrong with the game yet, except for the obvious 12 y/o kids who cant stop shouting and an occasional hiccup - but neither has anything to do with Red Faction. Honestly it's been a while since I ventured into Ranked/Public matches and hopefully I won't have to unless nobody else buys it.

Does anyone know much about Single Player? Is it supposed to take center stage or is it more multiplayer focused?

Killer said:
the lack of hype for this game is disturbing....

Well they did pick an odd week to release it with E3 and all. But.. this type of game was always going to be the type of game where the fans of it spread the word. This will have to be one of those games that on LIVE spreads like wildfire based on friends lists and parties as people are playing the game and spreading the word.

Honestly.. the multiplayer demo was the smartest thing they could have done. I know about 9 people on my list that went from "what game?" to SOLD just by playing that demo.

I hope it sells well but its going to be a tough haul based on the lack of mainstream hype.

Phthisis

Had a moment tonight where I was stealthed and chasing a guy across one of the bridges in Rift; I wasn't in range for a hammer swing, so I pulled out the disintegrator gun and fired. I missed the guy, but my shot hit the bridge in front of him. Next thing I know, there's only a huge hole in front of this guy and he disappears down the bottomless pit below :lol

It was hilarious, like a roadrunner cartoon.

Still can't decide if I want to pre-order with Amazon for the golden hammer bonus and a slightly lower price, or if I want to just pick it up on my way home on Tuesday. Decisions, decisions....

This is another game releasing this summer, that is right up my alley. I don't think there's been a summer in years that I've considered buying so many games.

Animal

Banned
i`d like a keychain please if there are any left!

i`m excited to get my hands on the full game on tuesday!

Killer

Banned
bigGIRLSblouse said:
Well they did pick an odd week to release it with E3 and all. But.. this type of game was always going to be the type of game where the fans of it spread the word. This will have to be one of those games that on LIVE spreads like wildfire based on friends lists and parties as people are playing the game and spreading the word.

Honestly.. the multiplayer demo was the smartest thing they could have done. I know about 9 people on my list that went from "what game?" to SOLD just by playing that demo.

I hope it sells well but its going to be a tough haul based on the lack of mainstream hype.

I think if it was a new IP, it would do much better. i was kinda turned off by the title ( the second game wasn't that good). but after trying the demo, i cant wait to get my hands on this gem:D .

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
I was in the dust area a few minutes ago, wandering round minding my own business when one of those little plane things the EDF has came roaring overhead. Next thing i know it's crashed into the mountain behind me.

Didn't get much salvage from it either :\

Thrakier

Hm, I'm surprised by the great reviews. Despite the destruction part I thought the demo was lacking in every possible way. Average graphics, horrible enemy and char design, so so gameplay. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Xater

Thrakier said:
Hm, I'm surprised by the great reviews. Despite the destruction part I thought the demo was lacking in every possible way. Average graphics, horrible enemy and char design, so so gameplay. Maybe I should give it another shot.

I wasn't impressed by the SP demo either but the MP is great. Also judging by reviews and prviews the full game might be better than the SP demo.

Thrakier

Xater said:
I wasn't impressed by the SP demo either but the MP is great. Also judging by reviews and prviews the full game might be better than the SP demo.

Tried the MP-demo and thought it was shit. :D I'll probably wait and buy it used or so...I mean it's a 90% game, there has to be something about it...I loved RF1 btw.

Just got my pre-order Walker as well. Very cool.

I live in the UK and I think this is the first time I've got a pre-order bonus before the game. They usually just come bundled with them.

Linkified

Baloonatic said:
Just got my pre-order Walker as well. Very cool.

I live in the UK and I think this is the first time I've got a pre-order bonus before the game. They usually just come bundled with them.

Or come weeks after the fact especially from Game Online

hulot

AssassiN said:
I was in the dust area a few minutes ago, wandering round minding my own business when one of those little plane things the EDF has came roaring overhead. Next thing i know it's crashed into the mountain behind me.

Didn't get much salvage from it either :\
I was on an EDF tower, the top of which had a plasma turret, on red alert. A flyer was chasing me, so thinking it would be a good idea, I used the turret to shoot it down; it ended up crashing into the tower I was on, demolishing the whole thing and killing me as well :/

Flunkie said:
So for those who have it, impressions so far?
In an early mission, I saw some guys on radar inside a building waiting to ambush me. I set some charges on the wall, blew it and opened fire. If you think you'd like that, BUY IT.

hulot said:
I was on an EDF tower, the top of which had a plasma turret, on red alert. A flyer was chasing me, so thinking it would be a good idea, I used the turret to shoot it down; it ended up crashing into the tower I was on, demolishing the whole thing and killing me as well :/

In an early mission, I saw some guys on radar inside a building waiting to ambush me. I set some charges on the wall, blew it and opened fire. If you think you'd like that, BUY IT.

Both awesome .... this game would really be amazing with a saved films feature.

Linkified said:
Or come weeks after the fact especially from Game Online

Game are really good for me, that's where I got this Walker from in fact.

Every game I've pre-ordered from them has arrived the day before release =D

hulot said:

Kinda sad when I think, 'Blow a hole in the wall and shoot guys behind it - who'd have thought?' It's like the things that should be intuitive aren't - simply because of the limitations we're all used to gaming under.

I really hope that those Battlefield BC 2 folks figure out how to truly blow stuff up with Frostbite 2, or whatever engine they're using...

Whoa, some unexpected things happened in this game last night

In the Dust sector, 2nd area in the game
I was trying to intercept a EDF courier on his way to deliver kill orders to an EDF squad, following his pick up like vehicle in my armored bus. I got too close. he noticed me and stepped on it. A chase ensued, I managed to ram off him off the road, down into a ravine. I jumped out of my vehicle and managed to fire off a lone rocket which destroyed the vehicle and killed the courier. I found his intel among the wreckage, when out of nowhere
tusken raider like humanoids come running out of the shadows with giant scythe spears. They knock me back, but I whip out my shotgun and take care of them. I was able to collect one of the spears, known as a 'gutter'. Is there more to this game than Red Faction vs EDF?

MMaRsu

Banned
MrCompletely said:
Whoa, some unexpected things happened in this game last night

In the Dust sector, 2nd area in the game
I was trying to intercept a EDF courier on his way to deliver kill orders to an EDF squad, following his pick up like vehicle in my armored bus. I got too close. he noticed me and stepped on it. A chase ensued, I managed to ram off him off the road, down into a ravine. I jumped out of my vehicle and managed to fire off a lone rocket which destroyed the vehicle and killed the courier. I found his intel among the wreckage, when out of nowhere
tusken raider like humanoids come running out of the shadows with giant scythe spears. They knock me back, but I whip out my shotgun and take care of them. I was able to collect one of the spears, known as a 'gutter'. Is there more to this game than Red Faction vs EDF?

Who knows, Saints Row 2 had some strange things as well..

Top Bottom