• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Gameplay Demo (E3 2014)

zlatko

Banned
I'm far from sold on this. I'm unsure if I posted in this thread already, but everytime I see this game brought up I just think of how poorly handled showcasing it has been.

I would need a solid 15-25 minute game play demo at this point off PSN to convince me I'd want to buy this. A single player only TPS with fancy graphics isn't going to get my hard earned dollars anytime soon until you show me what is under the hood to sell me on it.

Shin-Ra

They should have had at least a second primary weapon to showcase at E3. The thermite rifle looks cool, but when the player's just using that there isn't much variety.

GavinUK86

It looks like a lot of journo's loved the game at E3
BqRg-BgIcAEKJaL.jpg:large

Pic from @AndreaPessino

I'm far from sold on this. I'm unsure if I posted in this thread already, but everytime I see this game brought up I just think of how poorly handled showcasing it has been.

I would need a solid 15-25 minute game play demo at this point off PSN to convince me I'd want to buy this. A single player only TPS with fancy graphics isn't going to get my hard earned dollars anytime soon until you show me what is under the hood to sell me on it.

It's still eight months away. I'm sure we'll get more extensive gameplay closer to release.

>_>

That's your reaction to one of the better showings?

That is what I mostly do nowdays. Just youtubed diablo2 speedrun and destiny alpha walktrough. I am going to youtube diablo 3 next (or maybe agdq 2013).
GT7 (or uc4. Will get ps4 when those come) is next new console game I will play. I have mainly played ps2 and ps1 games lately.

OsirisBlack

Banned

Well I highly doubt we will ever see a 25 minute demo and even if they released a demo I would skip it and just purchase the game. I know SSM is helping them with the game and I also know that Mr.Weerasuriya has said there are gameplay mechanics that they are waiting to show off. We have not seen everything and I don't blame them for keeping their cards close to their chest. This extra time will allow them to polish the game further and possibly add more content.

The thing I am most concerned with is more open areas, I know its a linear game but that does not mean they cannot have an area like the one depicted in their concept art. As far as I am concerned this MUST make it into the final game

kWQ8Yjd.jpg

I can see it now a scene in a crowded train station with a cathedral styled (Destructible) glass ceiling and Lycan's killing pedestrians while the train is pulling into the station, you have to jump on the train to escape them and then the fight continues in a closed train cart as you make your way to the conductor ..... destroying seats and ..... never mind I will stop now.

Knoxcore

This game is fast becoming a $30 buy for me. They better start showing some compelling gameplay otherwise I can't justify dropping $60 for what will ultimately be an 8-12 hour single player experience with no coop or multiplayer.

Well I highly doubt we will ever see a 25 minute demo and even if they released a demo I would skip it and just purchase the game. I know SSM is helping them with the game and I also know that Mr.Weerasuriya has said there are gameplay mechanics that they are waiting to show off. We have not seen everything and I don't blame them for keeping their cards close to their chest. This extra time will allow them to polish the game further and possibly add more content.

The thing I am most concerned with is more open areas, I know its a linear game but that does not mean they cannot have an area like the one depicted in their concept art. As far as I am concerned this MUST make it into the final game

kWQ8Yjd.jpg

I can see it now a scene in a crowded train station with a cathedral styled (Destructible) glass ceiling and Lycan's killing pedestrians while the train is pulling into the station, you have to jump on the train to escape them and then the fight continues in a closed train cart as you make your way to the conductor ..... destroying seats and ..... never mind I will stop now.

Considering that those buildings look a ton better than the alleys and small streets we have seen, don't count on it.

so the entire game will take place in back alleys and small streets

yea ok bro

You forgot inside buildings. Performance wise, you aren't going to see what you are wanting to see. Open areas with tons of people + gameplay probably aren't going to happen. I could see a cutscene with the people scattering because there are monsters, then you jump into the game with only monsters in the area.

Instead of commentating about stuff they have already shown us, they should do a video like this showing off the gameplay. "Look at how that wall is destroyed. Notice all these cool new gameplay ideas we had with these weapons."

megalowho

That is what I mostly do nowdays. Just youtubed diablo2 speedrun and destiny alpha walktrough. I am going to youtube diablo 3 next (or maybe agdq 2013).
GT7 (or uc4. Will get ps4 when those come) is next new console game I will play. I have mainly played ps2 and ps1 games lately.
Stuff like this is why I'm starting to think the developers and publishers that believe they are entitled to a cut of YouTube and streaming revenue have merit.

Top Bottom