• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Player 1 Podcast Topic

SuperPac

New episode is out and something is up with Phil's audio. Fix your mic, Phil.

Yeah I think Audacity recorded off his webcam's mic and not the usual USB mic. :\

The Night Trap documentary sounds interesting. Is it just about the development or does it go into everything around the game?

The game seemed so cool when I read about it in Sega Visions. Looking forward to finally buying a copy.

Goes into pretty much everything about the game. It's fascinating. Really great job by the My Life In Gaming guys.

Glassboy

I bumped up my patroen contribution up from the $5 per month to $13 to hit the extra episode per month. Bully game club anyone?

I really love Ethan free episodes and it makes me feel bad. It's weird. I listen during my morning walks with the dogs. As soon as I hear his voice I briefly consider switching to another cast. He offers a different and necessary point of view, but I just find him insufferable.

Jmille99

I really hope everyone can get some games in on Friday the 13th and stream it. Preferably figure out the chat so its not all CJ so those of us watching can hear the banter.

And maybe even another weird death glitch thing. The floating choke animation was amazing to see.

daxy

Yeah, I really miss getting updates on what Arthur Gies is up to /s

Man, I'd listen to a podcast that's just about Mike throwing shade at Polygon. No problem. Anything narrated by Mike is good enough. Give it to meeee.

I definitely like Ethan too, but if we were ever to get Mike back as 4th chair, it would be the Steven Spielberg of days of my life. I miss that man so much.

You and me both, bud.

Harlock

I still listen every week. But for me become a little disconnected after the Switch launch. I also miss the times when they were salty toward polygon and others game media.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
P1P is still the only gaming podcast I look forward to, even with the Switch is God turn the show has taken.
The Bombcast shows are habit, and other gaming podcasts have either died or just churned hosts so much that they're kind of irrelevant now. Although I guess part of the blame is that everyone is moving to Youtube now.

Congrats on reaching the next Patreon goal, guys. It's going to be interesting to see how you juggle the additional podcast per month. But it will add a much needed sprig of variety to the month and compliment the monthly Game Club episode nicely.

:)

Episode 561: Winner Winner Chalupa Dinner

This week! Rich Grisham bails out CJ and Phil from having to do a two-man podcast. Topics include: a new cola beverage, Splatoon 2 is a real good video game, Xbox Game Pass introduces Rich to new games, do reviews matter in the age of streaming, does ARMS have legs (does it matter?), Scottish accents, the games we’re best at, and a bunch of other meandering topics. Join us, won’t you?

Audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/08_08_17-Episode561.mp3
Blog: http://www.playeronepodcast.com/561
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/player-one-podcast-video-games/id202883543?mt=2
Youtube: https://youtu.be/XNhHgmFBuL4
Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/p1podcast

PillarEN

I understood that streaming was important in the modern day to have more eyes on your game and thus hopefully sales. I didn't know it was that damn effective. Really interesting hearing Rich talk about his baseball game and how much of a boost streaming has given the game in terms of sales.

And then you think of Nintendo and how they treat some people on Youtube. It's crazy.

The sales for that Friday the 13th game are more than I would have ever imagined. Especially because of the reviews.

SuperPac

I understood that streaming was important in the modern day to have more eyes on your game and thus hopefully sales. I didn't know it was that damn effective. Really interesting hearing Rich talk about his baseball game and how much of a boost streaming has given the game in terms of sales.

And then you think of Nintendo and how they treat some people on Youtube. It's crazy.

The sales for that Friday the 13th game are more than I would have ever imagined. Especially because of the reviews.

The other side of that Nintendo thing is that they regularly invite Nintendo-centric YouTubers to special events - around the Switch launch there was a Nintendo Minute video specifically with a whole bunch of them. On the one hand, yes, they stop people from monetizing videos, and on the other they seem to be much more supportive of some channels than other first-party companies are.

Loving Phil saying 'The very Scottish Mark Day' then doing an impression that was about 95% bad Irish.

Hahahaha, ohhhhhh too funny.

Always nice to hear more Rich since I enjoy him on the Doddcast (and his occasional P1P appearances!)

Combining their topics of cord cutting and streaming - Twitch has replace live tv as my background noise of choice. When ever I need to cook or wash dishes I load up the twitch app and see whats on.

PillarEN

Gies should make a portrait of Mike :D

He says he's painting and whatnot. Maybe do it in that Polygon style that all the writers were (or maybe still are?) using there.

Harlock

Talking about Wonder Boy, TecToy just release a new print of Monster World with Monica sprites. Very nice to buy a new Mega Drive cartridge in 2017.

Afuh07J.jpg

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I have Phil's Switch friend code from the WiiU, have the other guys posted their FC? I'd like to have everyone's, it's neat to see what they're playing.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Ethan's not wrong about the dangers and evils of gambling and its use to exploit those who have issues of self-control. I feel the same way about state ran lottery systems, it's designed to exploit a small percentage of people, knowingly.

...But why does Ethan sound like such a LOON when discussing this on every show? I also agree with the others on the show, and I'm the same way as a parent. My kids have a few of these "gambling games" installed on the iPad and when (which is rare) they have ever asked me to spend money on them, I tell them, "Nope" and explain why. I tell them they can continue to play and enjoy the game as it is without purchasing extra things for it ,or they can choose to stop playing it. Unsurprisingly, they always choose to stop playing after a while.

stewy

Streaming the entirety of Snatcher tomorrow in support of Extra Life! Please come hang out and make a donation! I'll be streaming on my twitch channel!

Top Bottom