• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

SalvaPot

We've had two lynches so far. You're asking for "results" in two flips?

You justified both flips at the moment as "gathering information". What information do you have to show for it? Splinter was more reserved in both votes, when he actively tried to vote me (WAMD) out instead, but you have been the main force between both lynches so far and at this point I'll rather see your motivations behind said votes.

So I want to lynch you for "information"

Okay, might finally have a chance to post today.

My original plan for today was to vote for Magnum. His most recent post points out the positives of keeping him around longer, though. (His presence keeps mafia from out numbering us)

A big negative, though, is that he'll try to steal Oceanic's dell. I don't think I saw any mention of it being a one shot power, so I am kind of worried about losing that.

Of course, Oceanic could be mafia, so taking the dell away would be for the best.

Magnum calling out mafia to go after him at night is a kind gesture, I feel, but also empty. Like he said, he's a great lynch target.

If its stolen I think its fair to think that neither Oceanic or magnum are going to be able to use it, so that is a night town is not able to use it to find scum.

If magnum is lynched tonight, then scum has a very clear target on Oceanic (If he is town) since he is a confirmed cop and didn't bother to claim it was not one shot.

On the other hand, if magnum is still alive it means scum might consider not killing Oceanic since Magnum could steal the laptop and use it for town's benefit. Making killing Oceanic a wasted kill (again, if he is town)

Kyanrute

Okay, might finally have a chance to post today.

My original plan for today was to vote for Magnum. His most recent post points out the positives of keeping him around longer, though. (His presence keeps mafia from out numbering us)

A big negative, though, is that he'll try to steal Oceanic's dell. I don't think I saw any mention of it being a one shot power, so I am kind of worried about losing that.

Of course, Oceanic could be mafia, so taking the dell away would be for the best.

Magnum calling out mafia to go after him at night is a kind gesture, I feel, but also empty. Like he said, he's a great lynch target.

Neutral Magnum is beneficial numbers-wise until he wins. When he wins, he leaves the game and no longer offers the advantage to us. He will play to win, and his win hurts us.

Karkador

Banned
You justified both flips at the moment as "gathering information". What information do you have to show for it? Splinter was more reserved in both votes, when he actively tried to vote me (WAMD) out instead, but you have been the main force between both lynches so far and at this point I'll rather see your motivations behind said votes.

I justified both flips? You must have me confused with someone else, or look at the votes again.

Karkador

Banned
1) You mean to imply the following: there was no reason for Sawneeks to defend Dusk's strange things, unless Sawneeks was scum, knew Dusk was town, thought Dusk's strange things would get him lynched sooner or later, all in all making scum Sawneeks look bit better for defending a townie?

Yes.

I'm not saying her actions on D1 were part of a larger plan. Everyone's plans in these games stay fluid. But even if players want to call me paranoid-Town, I don't think this is an overreaction. Part of the "blending" behavior of a mafia player is not just to stay out of sight, but also to make players believe you're on their side.

El Topo

Neutral Magnum is beneficial numbers-wise until he wins. When he wins, he leaves the game and no longer offers the advantage to us. He will play to win, and his win hurts us.

First of all, we have no reason to believe his claim. For all we know, he could be mafia. Second, do we know if he is taken into account regarding win conditions, i.e. if it is 2:2:1, would mafia not just win?

Either way, there is no reason not to lynch him. He lied before, his ability is to our disadvantage, he has no reason to help us (and iirc his previous "big contribution" on the target of the Xbox was a dud). If we lynch him, we minimize our risk, we avoid losing items and should he flip mafia we gain important information on those that defended.

Someone remind me, but isn't the whole WAMD lynch train based on supposed slip ups on D1? Because that is pretty weak. Either way though, why have some people not voted yet?

SalvaPot

I justified both flips? You must have me confused with someone else, or look at the votes again.

Personally, I find myself split between Blarg and Dusk.

Blarg lied about the Xbox, and I've been trying to figure out what the motive is. He may have rushed out of the gate because he thought the other bidders were announced along with him. Or maybe the bidders actually do know each other via PM. But if he is hiding sometjing, he felt it better to confess something than hide everything.

On the other hand, Dusk is folding under pressure, with each new explanation for his weirdness drawing my suspicion. He's even had a potential teammate try to play defense for him with the same weird logic.

But there's other questions I have.

Maybe the bidders aren't RNGed, but selected - by a player, perhaps even by player #21.

RNG would seem 'fair', but it still takes away a bit of player agency - on the other hand, this "picking a group for nighttime fun" thing is likely informed by however it shook out in Archer mafia.

If a player (or players..) did choose the group, they would be able to verify the accuracy of who claims they were picked - but that's very risky.

Nevertheless, I think Blarg coming Hot Out The Door#2 on that claik suggests that he felt he needed to jump the gun on somebody.

I disagree. I've been wrong, but I don't see how I've misdirected votes. I also think I've been pretty transparent about my intentions since Day 2.

Dusk may not have been scum, but can you blame me for looking at his behavior and seeing clear contradictions? Despite that, his flip is a very welcome and needed dose of information.

Oh, and reading back, I found this nice exchange after Dusk revealed the xbox

Kawl dying without an item suggests the prizes don't kill you. So I'll put that aside for now.

So, that means that mafia should be able to get prizes.

Why would scum Dusk claim the Xbox on Day 2? Well, he's brought it back up with a new piece of info. The Xbox is an item he supposedly used on somebody, and this person can confirm that, and his claim.

"But don't out yourself", he says. Well, that's the ploy- the silence will vouch for Dusk, even if this person doesn't exist.

When you have time can I also get your thoughts on Splinter and Kyan as well?

True, but I'm having trouble seeing a Scum gambit play out where Scum!Dusk gets more heat on himself by bringing up the Xbox topic again. He could have easily stayed low and gone by quietly but instead he drew attention to it again. An attempt at bringing out a counterclaim is possible but I don't know if anyone would actually fall for it.

I still don't trust Dusk but I'm having trouble seeing where this move benefits Scum at all.

I think I know which quote Splinter is talking about but i also want to know where his thought process is going with it.

This is now the second time I see you sticking up for Dusk

Sawneek did had information and kind of implied he believed Dusk, meanwhile Karkador effectively killed all information coming from this, since he implied anyone who would confirm Dusks claim could by find suspicious.

Made it home in time to vote. If you are town and are not voting because you're discouraged, don't be. Mislynches happen, especially in the beginning phase. As El Topo said, that only 9/16 players voted thus far is really bad.

Vote: Salvapot

Even if Salva flips scum, I'm still coming after you Splinter. Don't think I've forgotten.

Karkador

Banned
You know, Splinter. You're full of [REDACTED].

Earlier in the game, you try to insult me about not knowing how to play, moments after (feigning?) panic that you thought there was 24hrs left in the game when there were like 2 hours left.

Now you've washed up to shore again, with 2 hours left, to get another potshot at me with no substance.

Are you even in this game? Do you come around to just be a [REDACTED]? Add something to the discussion or sub the [REDACTED] out, you [REDACTED].

Ynnek7

Yeah, guess I'll vote now.

magnumboy20xx

If Magnum ends up being voted out, I hope Oceanic makes it through the night and can give us some more information tomorrow.

SalvaPot

Made it home in time to vote. If you are town and are not voting because you're discouraged, don't be. Mislynches happen, especially in the beginning phase. As El Topo said, that only 9/16 players voted thus far is really bad.

Vote: Salvapot

Even if Salva flips scum, I'm still coming after you Splinter. Don't think I've forgotten.

Why don't you help me vote Splinter instead? Do you really think I am scum?

*Splinter

You know, Splinter. You're full of shit.

Earlier in the game, you try to insult me about not knowing how to play, moments after (feigning?) panic that you thought there was 24hrs left in the game when there were like 2 hours left.

Now you've washed up to shore again, with 2 hours left, to get another potshot at me with no substance.

Are you even in this game? Do you come around to just be a dick? Add something to the discussion or sub the fuck out, you asshole.
Add something to the discussion? I know you don't read my posts but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

No, I'm not getting into this with you today. I'm just going to give you 2 options:
  1. Prepare your defense
  2. Kill me tonight

Karkador

Banned
Add something to the discussion? I know you don't read my posts but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

No, I'm not getting into this with you today. I'm just going to give you 2 options:
  1. Prepare your defense
  2. Kill me tonight

How about some introspection into why you're one of the most toxic players in this community

Sawneeks

Banned
Still waiting for your reads on Kalor, CM, and CornBro, Kark.

This is just hand-waving suspicion away from you as "not important"

Why vouch for Kyan if you don't know his alignment at all?

You didn't know Dusk's alignment, but you knew that his claims lined up with you getting a Mason ability. At the very least, there was evidence that Dusk was telling the truth about something. And it wasn't like there was an overwhelming condemnation of Dusk. We voted him out because his claim seemed counter to what he said D1. If someone came out and vouched for that claim, it could have gone differently.

Exactly. We wanted Dusk lynched to see his alignment to confirm/disprove our theories. Having Dusk left alive would have always kept the possibility open that Dusk and 1 Mason were Scum.

Nevertheless, you vouch for Kyan, despite having less proof. You're contradicting yourself.

I gave my opinion on what I thought Kyan was and I vouched that he is indeed a Mason but I have not vouched for his alignment.

What it looks like is that you're a mafia player who knows what people's alignments are. Rather than be antagonistic, you play the game of cozying up to Town players that are relatively harmless. You make posts reaffirming Town that they're Town. You side with them on arguments. It's all nice and positive.

You do these things with confidence, because you know they're Town. And you know that they're Town, because you're mafia.

You didn't stick up for Dusk, because he was essentially claiming a PR. You are sticking up for Kyan, because if he's not one of your mafia partners, he's a relatively harmless Town player abducted by mafia.

You found me out, Kark. My Big Bad Mafia plan, ruined! Curses!

I gave my opinion on Kyan, I'm not sticking up for him. You want to lynch Kyan go for it, I won't agree with it and I'm not willing to vote for him now.

This is the biggest nonsense of the game so far. What are you outing? You're not in a valuable Mason pair. You can't trust your partner, and saying you're in this pair doesn't really paint any more of a target on your back than anybody else. You're not in a Lover pair. Outing this information is more valuable to Town than to you. All you've done is try to backpedal away from this.

So outing a Mason pair who may actually be two Townies isn't painting a massive target on their backs?

If we are both Town we just sent a signal out to Scum who had no idea the chat existed. This is why we didn't come forward to out ourselves, we didn't know yet. We questioned each other both here and the Mason chat in order to try and figure out if there was enough grounds for us to come forward and accuse the other of being Scum.

Was I going to let my uncertainty possibly let two Townies get Nked by Scum? No, that's why I waited and tried to figure it out on my own because there was a chance Kyan could be Town. There is still the possibility Kyan is Scum but I wasn't ready to roll the dice and test that out just in case he wasn't and I ended up blowing it for nothing.

Or it'd be useful to keep that Mason link alive in case a Town Kyan wins an item.

We never even discussed items or bidding at Night and I don't believe we ever had plans to. I'm sure if either of us had asked each other if we had an item or bid it would have sent up red flags so high they would be in space.

This is hardly a defense. Is Dusk picking two scum out of a hat possible, yes or no? The answer is yes. But it's not like we're arguing solely on the basis of probability. Not at all.

You both didn't come forward. Oceanic came forward. Then Kyan came in with damage control - to cover for you, despite the fact that OA didn't even name you guys. Paranoid much?

Would you say it's a 50/50 chance? :p

Kyan and I both agreed to come forward after OA mentioned he found a Mason that didn't vote for Dusk, clearly meaning he had investigated me since Kyan voted for Dusk. Kyan was going to bed and I was getting out of classes/work so I said I would claim. On the way home I thought about it and psyched myself out, eventually getting cold feet and backing out of claiming in the end. But, as I told Kyan in the Mason chat, if he wanted to come forward then he could.

Then you better start chewing his face off, because one of you is scum.

As much as I was amused by your Thunderdome comment earlier I already said I feel like Kyan is Town to me.

SalvaPot

If you are trying to get me to vote for you, splinter, its not going to happen today. I am keeping my vote on Karkador and hoping town follows me there.

That means I am not going to change my vote to magnum just to save myself. I believe he is useful in keeping Oceanic alive for one more day.

SalvaPot

I'd vote for Splinter, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because barely anybody has even addressed my concerns about Splinter.

I have, didn't you read my long post early in the day? Right now I am focusing on karkador but I definitely put Splinter in my lynch list.

*Splinter

Hey Splinter, do you still think I am scum?
Probably

You're certainly trying hard to avoid the lynch - this is the most I've ever seen you contribute. There are also too many people passively defending you for me to ignore.

If scum, you already started bussing Kark though... That could make tomorrow awkward for you, which could in turn be interesting for the rest of us.

In all seriousness, our hands are tied today. Any reasonable chance of removing magnum safely died with Dusk, and if we don't lynch him today then we're giving up the cop.

VOTE: Magnumboy20xx

SalvaPot

Probably

You're certainly trying hard to avoid the lynch - this is the most I've ever seen you contribute. There are also too many people passively defending you for me to ignore.

If scum, you already started bussing Kark though... That could make tomorrow awkward for you, which could in turn be interesting for the rest of us.

In all seriousness, our hands are tied today. Any reasonable chance of removing magnum safely died with Dusk, and if we don't lynch him today then we're giving up the cop.

I usually don't cooperate as much because I usually don't take the game seriously, but this time town was so predisposed to lynch me for a very stupid reason that I had to raise up to the challenge.

I am curious, why would bussing Kark would make tomorrow awkward? You mean if he is successfully lynched and turns out to be town, or if he turns out to be scum? I don't understand what you are trying to imply here.

*Splinter

I usually don't cooperate as much because I usually don't take the game seriously, but this time town was so predisposed to lynch me for a very stupid reason that I had to raise up to the challenge.

I am curious, why would bussing Kark would make tomorrow awkward? You mean if he is successfully lynched and turns out to be town, or if he turns out to be scum? I don't understand what you are trying to imply here.
I am saying that tomorrow will - if I have anything to say about it - be all about Kark. If you are already bussing, as seems to be the case, then tomorrow you will have to choose between sticking to those guns or trying to walk back your position enough to defend him.

Or maybe I was wrong all along, bleh.

I guess we could just lynch Kark today. I err... assumed that would not be an option. Sketch's vote surprised the hell out of me though

Karkador

Banned
Gladly, I feel like I'm talking in circles here.

Can you pass the popcorn, please.

I'd respond, but I wouldn't want to keep circling a point some squabbling, non-participating fence sitters are gonna try to insult me for.

I'm obviously rather upset in a not-pretend way, so I'm not posting anything else for today.

Try not to smear the popcorn on that shit-eating grin.

SalvaPot

I am saying that tomorrow will - if I have anything to say about it - be all about Kark. If you are already bussing, as seems to be the case, then tomorrow you will have to choose between sticking to those guns or trying to walk back your position enough to defend him.

Or maybe I was wrong all along, bleh.

I guess we could just lynch Kark today. I err... assumed that would not be an option. Sketch's vote surprised the hell out of me though

We can try. There is enough time, and to be honest, I think letting magnun live is better than letting me live. As I said I think Magnum's presence is a strong deterrent for scum to kill Ocean.

Sawneeks

Banned
I get off of work in an hour and I really need to get some things done that I've been neglecting.

I will vote then, although it will most likely be for Magnum.

Probably

Except for the fact that Mafia can just kill Oceanic if we do that, as opposed to them killing Magnum for us on the assumption he took the laptop. It's a lose - lose situation.

vote: Sawneeks

I agree a lot with what Kark said. I don't believe the actions she took were really in town's best interest, mainly because I feel that she overstated the use of the Mason chat since alignment is guaranteed. Also, vouching could simply have been saying that his role was true not his alignment. I also believe in this lynch a heck of a lot more than the WAMD/Salva or Magnum lynch.

But one thing I'm thinking about in terms of roles. How many roles do you guys think scum have? Because I can't imagine that they have none, only thing that gives me pause since Sawneeks has no additional power.

Sawneeks

Banned
Vote Karkador.

As frustrating as its been to explain this situation to him I don't know if I would believe he is scum. Let me think on it.

I do find it interesting that shortly after I float the idea of Kark possibly being Scum in the Mason chat, Splinter then comes in suggesting he will go for Kark and we should maybe lynch him. If Kyan does end up being Scum I would suggest looking at Splinter as well.

SalvaPot

vote: Sawneeks

I agree a lot with what Kark said. I don't believe the actions she took were really in town's best interest, mainly because I feel that she overstated the use of the Mason chat since alignment is guaranteed. Also, vouching could simply have been saying that his role was true not his alignment. I also believe in this lynch a heck of a lot more than the WAMD/Salva or Magnum lynch.

But one thing I'm thinking about in terms of roles. How many roles do you guys think scum have? Because I can't imagine that they have none, only thing that gives me pause since Sawneeks has no additional power.

They could just have kills.

Or the power to steal items...

Sophia

Oh wise and mighty Sophia, could we maybe get a vote update?

Ask, and ye shall receive.

salvapot (3)
kalor 803
*splinter 862 (1027)
nin1000 867 (898)
melonrabbit 878 (1037)
christina mackenzie 972
cornburrito 1012

nin1000 (0)
stanleypalmtree 840 (884)

kalor (0)
sawneeks 845 (918)

magnumboy20xx (4)
kyanrute 932
el topo 945
christina mackenzie 970 (972)
ynnek7 1017
*splinter 1027

sawneeks (3)
karkador 946
stanleypalmtree 979
starsketch 1018 (1020)
oceanicair 1040

karkador (2)
salvapot 996
starsketch 1020

blu_1472158800.png

Kalor

I can understand why people want to lynch Magnum today but I can't get behind it. I'd rather lynch potential scum over an essentially confirmed neutral. It would mean we have to lynch scum over the next 2 days, giving us less leeway. I'll have to look over Kark's stuff since he's gaining some votes.

SalvaPot

As frustrating as its been to explain this situation to him I don't know if I would believe he is scum. Let me think on it.

I do find it interesting that shortly after I float the idea of Kark possibly being Scum in the Mason chat, Splinter then comes in suggesting he will go for Kark and we should maybe lynch him. If Kyan does end up being Scum I would suggest looking at Splinter as well.

Karkador, Splinter and Kalor are my main suspects.

I am actually a bit worried about how Kalor pretty much dissipated, it sometimes feel like they are taking turns.

SalvaPot

I can understand why people want to lynch Magnum today but I can't get behind it. I'd rather lynch potential scum over an essentially confirmed neutral. It would mean we have to lynch scum over the next 2 days, giving us less leeway. I'll have to look over Kark's stuff since he's gaining some votes.

Ah, speaking of the devil.

Wait, when was Magnum confirmed? I may have missed that on me catching up to the game.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Also,

vote:karkador

I think your flip will help ton more than it would hurt them. Plus you're the reason I'm in this situation to begin with, so this may or may not be an OMGUS.

Kyanrute

Yes.

I'm not saying her actions on D1 were part of a larger plan. Everyone's plans in these games stay fluid. But even if players want to call me paranoid-Town, I don't think this is an overreaction. Part of the "blending" behavior of a mafia player is not just to stay out of sight, but also to make players believe you're on their side.

1 is reasonable then. Thankses.

First of all, we have no reason to believe his claim. For all we know, he could be mafia. Second, do we know if he is taken into account regarding win conditions, i.e. if it is 2:2:1, would mafia not just win?

Either way, there is no reason not to lynch him. He lied before, his ability is to our disadvantage, he has no reason to help us (and iirc his previous "big contribution" on the target of the Xbox was a dud). If we lynch him, we minimize our risk, we avoid losing items and should he flip mafia we gain important information on those that defended.

Someone remind me, but isn't the whole WAMD lynch train based on supposed slip ups on D1? Because that is pretty weak. Either way though, why have some people not voted yet?

Just to clarify, I am for Magnum lynch. I just wanted to show an issue with the number argument. But laying out the other problems with Magnum, well, it certainly does not hurt.

Top Bottom