• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Promised Neverland (Shonen Jump) |OT| It's gonna eat you up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

It was a good ride while it lasted, Phil.

Kind of looks like they're fucked, have they even started with the molotovs yet?

iFirez

I could totally see them doing a big time jump after a huge death or revelation... maybe only Emma escapes and she comes back years later or something.

Anyway, awesome chapter as always - surprised to see them up on the wall already, these next few chapters are going to be... killer!

Linkura

PHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL How did we ever doubt you?! :3

Also the extras were really cute. Phil as a butterfly. :3333

butterflyphil9sojm.jpg

Man, Phil doing work. Maybe he'll keep messing up her plans? I'm honestly super hesitant to theorize because I was legit sure that Mama would do anything to not let the demons know about any escapes. That shook me hard.

janoDX

I can see Ray, Emma, Phil and both the little kids who were secret helping coming out alive from this.

Best case scenario, mama sacrifices herself so the kids escape since they are so close.

Chase17

Phiiiilll. He pulled through and is taking this like a champ. I'm glad that Emma has decided to leave the younger kids. Shows that there was a change during the timeskip, and give at least some payoff to her crazy look a couple weeks back.

Was most interested by how we got a glimpse of Isabella on the farm. Seems was like Ray, giving up once escape seemed impossible, but instead of the lighting yourself on fire plan went with becoming part of the system.

Just stumbled upon this thread and read the 3 free chapters. Good stuff so far.

I like that it's more mystery/suspense than straight horror or body horror. I like AoT but that level of violence would feel out of place in this story.

Man, new arc coming up! I guess they'll have to get to a new base of operations or something. I'm also unclear on that last panel; did Mama get there in time to confirm that they escaped that way? Or was it just an artistic cut to her and them not being there?

upandaway

Well, there's no reason to believe that the cliff was the last means of trapping them in, considering how easy it would be to put in more safety measures in the forest (compared to everything they went through up until now). From here on it's adapting on the fly so we'll see.

Honestly feels like they're doing too well right now, can't see this not ending in disaster

janoDX

Yep, they pulled a Prison Break.

I love it. I just want an Anime of this now that the arc is finished and we are getting the start of the new one in 2 weeks.

Kyuur

Holy shit, that was so good. Those fucking demon designs are terrifying without them even doing anything. I still continue to wonder if Norman is alive. Can't wait to see what they do with the next arc.

Linkura

So the last page says next chapter is the end of the arc. Then the new arc starts. Do we have to wait 2 weeks for the next chapter or is it the one after that?

Well, there's no reason to believe that the cliff was the last means of trapping them in, considering how easy it would be to put in more safety measures in the forest (compared to everything they went through up until now). From here on it's adapting on the fly so we'll see.

Honestly feels like they're doing too well right now, can't see this not ending in disaster

Nah, I think they'll experience further troubles, but not because their escape will fail. More like they'll experience further troubles because the outside world will be even more harsh than they imagined due to their sheltered upbringing

cLOUDo

So the last page says next chapter is the end of the arc. Then the new arc starts. Do we have to wait 2 weeks for the next chapter or is it the one after that?

Next chapter is the last one of the escape's arc
Which is in 2 weeks from now

Next chapter is the last one of the escape's arc
Which is in 2 weeks from now

Really? The Jump website indicated there will be an issue released on 24/4, which will be a "combine issue," since there will be golden week holiday the week after. So I expected we'll conclude escape arc next week and then take a break. This is great because I have finals coming up. This chapter is the 24/4 chapter.

---
This chapter's great. Demons' fault for making the other side of the cliff lower than the wall so the kids can slide down...

Ascheroth

Really? The Jump website indicated there will be an issue released on 24/4, which will be a "combine issue," since there will be golden week holiday the week after. So I expected we'll conclude escape arc next week and then take a break. This is great because I have finals coming up.
24/4 is this chapter.

Izayoi

Banned
Just binged this today, from 1-36....

I am feeling many emotions, but mostly I find myself dreading the next chapter. We all know better than to expect a happy ending to this arc, don't we?

SmallQuarterlyHapuku.gif

But the first half was great

In my defense, I moderately enjoyed the season 2 of prison break. Not as much as the great first season, but more that the terrible third season...

The new chapter turns Mama a charming character. I think we are not going to see her anymore...

I keep seeing this thread bumped and immediately go to mangastream and I see it's not out yet and my happiness disappears for 2 seconds.

Saw the spoiler you definitely called it.

Linkura

The only reason why I wasn't so sure is that I figured that if it were true, it would have been revealed sooner. Interested to see how it is revealed in this chapter.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Nice chapter. The ending ends
very optimistically
. Mama seems to believe that the
Demon's will not figure out that the kids escaped out of the plantation center entirely.

And the spoiler was indeed correct.

The demons/human in service to them were such
douchebags to do that to her.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm still worried how the story is going to hold up. Psychological battle stories don't tend to have steam for very long (Death Note for example)

Permanently A

I'm still worried how the story is going to hold up. Psychological battle stories don't tend to have steam for very long (Death Note for example)

Yeah especially since they said that it will become
an Adventure series.

What does that mean? A power system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom