• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Promised Neverland (Shonen Jump) |OT| It's gonna eat you up

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is golden week and last week we didn't have any chapter out, so we are now looking at the chapters for next week.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

We got a chapter last weekend.

I checked the shonen jump site, and the next issue is May 8th, so I guess somehow the chapters for next week got leaked.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's going to be an adventure series as in they are adventuring through an unknown world.

It's going to be interesting to see where this goes. It could be phenomenal, they have a whole open world full of unknown discoveries and dangers to encounter, or it could be mediocre. It's all in the hands of the writer.

Next week's chapter always gets leaked a weak earlier. The difference here was Golden Week sometimes causes general fuckery when the leaks come out. They came out on Monday instead of Wednesday/Thursday.

Forrest as far as the eye could see

Looking at that reminded me of HXH and the Chimera Ant arc. Like what if they Ant kingdom succeeded in taking over humanity.

This chapter delivered the feels.

Isabella did the right thing in the end, eliminating the evidence and protecting the kids.

Linkura

Great fucking chapter. Is it just me or did Isabella
remind anyone of Emma in the opening scene where she's a kid?

cLOUDo

giphy.gif

They did it fam, they really did it

Can't wait for they learn NEN

Burbeting

Banned
Since aliens eat brains, maybe all of the humans left alive in the outside world are dumb as bricks, so the kids are the only ones with any intelligence.

It's also thrilling to realize that Ray's view that the other kids were dead weight was dead wrong - everyone contributed to their triumph in some fashion, if anything, Emma and Ray were basically only bait for two months for the most part.

So, when's the first season of the anime coming? Seriously, there couldn't be a more perfect stopping point for a season 1, and since the manga is a weekly and apparently quite popular, you've got an excellent buffer for an ongoing anime series ready.

Maximo

Can't wait to learn about each child on a deep and personal level before they are slowly ripped apart one by one, we shall remember this chapter fondly...

Big One

Banned
I really legitimately think this series is going to be the next Attack on Titan/Tokyo Ghoul type manga. I still remember when Attack on Titan was first scanlated YEARS ago when no one really knew about it it blew up just like this series did in the niches of manga fandom on the internet. I have a feeling once this gets an anime it's going to really shine big time in sales.

Burbeting

Banned
It's also thrilling to realize that Ray's view that the other kids were dead weight was dead wrong - everyone contributed to their triumph in some fashion, if anything, Emma and Ray were basically only bait for two months for the most part.

So, when's the first season of the anime coming? Seriously, there couldn't be a more perfect stopping point for a season 1, and since the manga is a weekly and apparently quite popular, you've got an excellent buffer for an ongoing anime series ready.

I wouldn't expect an animeen for at least 1-2 years. Jump mangas tend to have at least 100 chapters before they get anime adaptations. Problem with adapting this will be pacing. First arc is 37 chapters, which is pretty awkward length. 13 episodes would be way too fast pacing, but 26 episodes would be way too long.

Linkura

Worried that Mama's gonna get Krone'd for this. She redeemed herself in the end. But I imagine they'll replace her with a real asshole who will be in charge of Phil and the littles and it's gonna make it that much harder for them to be rescued.

Worried that Mama's gonna get Krone'd for this. She redeemed herself in the end. But I imagine they'll replace her with a real asshole who will be in charge of Phil and the littles and it's gonna make it that much harder for them to be rescued.
I hate Mama but I also feel like I'll be sad if she gets brutally murdered. She's a great starter villain.

God damn that was a good chapter. I always kind of felt that Isabella wasn't as evil as she was made out to appear. I mean ya sure she still did a lot of fucked up shit but I think we can see from this weeks chapter that she did deep down actually care for those kids, and getting a look at her past does make me feel for her a bit too. I hope she doesn't end up getting killed by those demons, causee I really want a reunion with her when they come back for the rest of the kids.

and man Ray is Isabella's son holy shit! I mean when I think about it it's not that surprising really but I just didn't see it coming at all tbh

Izayoi

Banned
Just think, though. Emma already explained everything to Phil. He'll have years to plot against the new Mama, just like Ray did.

Not only that, but he should be able to keep the other kids in the loop.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all of the plantations in rebellion by the time Emma and company return. Mark my words, Phil will be a main character at some point.

(I'm curious to see if the manga will swing back to check in on Phil every now and then, running parallel to the story of the Emma and the other escapees. Super excited to see where this goes - TONS of potential.)

She's done for and she knows it.

That was the reason she helped them out in the end.

Opto

Banned
Page 10 of chapter 37 may be one of the best pages in manga history in terms of delivering information

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's obviously whatever Ray thought he saw in the forest that is taking the kids. Would have to be more than one though, to take that whole group.

Whether they are good, neutral, or bad, we'll have to find out.

Big One

Banned
I'm calling it right now: The humans aren't actually on Earth, but on an Earth-like planet inhabited by the Demons and are being harvested for their food. William Minerva is an insider that is secretly plotting to rebel against his masters.

Thinking about it, Ray's potential sacrifice was a lot more fucked up considering
he is Isabella's son

No idea how this will go, but i don't think we'll get shonen powers.

And i bet William Minerva is actually a demon.

nitronite

Thinking about it, Ray's potential sacrifice was a lot more fucked up considering
he is Isabella's son

No idea how this will go, but i don't think we'll get shonen powers.

And i bet William Minerva is actually a demon.

It's probably going to be a 1984 Goldstein situation.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I have a brief guess of something that is either happening right now, or is going to happen. I think the culprit of the disappearing children is
adults
The demon said something about giving bonuses to whoever found them, and it gave me a thought. If I were a group of children who escaped from a farm controlled by demon's who would I look for?
Other humans
I'd probably be quick to trust them and follow them to their "camp" or something.

Just a passing theory/

Kyuur

Don't think the kids have any special powers. Might be some demon fuckery.

Well more what I meant, the demons/outside world creatures/whatever having the ability to literally make people vanish brings magic into the fold. The demons are scary so far because they're hulking 20ft masses that look like they could rip humans to pieces, not because of special powers or abilities.

Of course, the disappearances could end up not being magic. Kids could be getting dragged up trees, underground, etc. That huge group without making a noise makes me doubt that a bit though.

daveo42

Banned
Liked the reactions to the outside world as well as what's going on with that pen finally. Was hoping for a little more time from escape to "being fucked" outside of the farm, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom