• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS4 is almost here; here's some retail boxes in the meantime

leakey

tumblr_lp9hgaG74F1qis5vzo1_500.jpg

FireCloud

So close I can almost smell it!.....wait.....never mind that was something else I was smelling. XD

All paid up and ready for release day. The only other possible pickup may be that charging station. It's $30 here, I had Gamestop look it up the last time I was in.

watership

Some of the best retail box design I've seen since apple. Maybe it's not the design, but it's the BLUE. I Love that blue. That blue controller makes me crazy.

White DS4 or GTFO Sony :)

But honestly the colours look pretty ass, I'll happily stick with my Black DS4.

Also why can't it be November 29 yet ;__;

Nymphae

Banned
Some of the best retail box design I've seen since apple. Maybe it's not the design, but it's the BLUE. I Love that blue. That blue controller makes me crazy.

That's why I loved the original PS3 box, it was just a nice solid blue with the PS3 logo on the front & centre. Classy.

daveo42

Banned
Those are some sleek boxes.

The colored controllers look ugly, mainly because of the shade of the colors themselves. They look fake and cheap.

myca77

I really didn't like the blue or red controllers when I first saw them, but the blue one is now really tempting. Every other controller I have is black though (apart from the wired 360 for the PC).

ClearData

Can't wait to snatch the box out of the UPS guy's hands before it touches my unworthy porch upon delivery. I'm going to be peeking out my front window with binoculars as I wait.

Kerned

Banned
The looks like a nice shade of blue on that DS4, but I'll stick with black.

They are very reminiscent of the 3DS XL colors.

gloriousd

Neo Member
I'm so happy I didn't cancel my PS4 preorder. Also, I've never been so excited to buy a controller. :D The blue one is beautiful!

You can at your own risk. But if it falls down and breaks don't go blaming Sony..

it's not going to tip over since it's going to be secured by my huge speaker and TV, i am asking this question if it's going to block some air ventilation or if it's going to be like the original PS3 slim where it's not stable at all when you put vertically without a stand.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
5...fucking...weeks...

When is SCEA going to tell us something about the colored controllers along with the official stand and charging stations?

Radec

My ps4 bundle comes with 2 controller, will probably sell those and get the blue one.

Sexy.

Also, why is it the vertical stand is not available in Amazon?

bigmf

I want the red controller. I got a red DS3 with that God of War all the games pack thing (how I wish they had a game and controller pack at launch), now I feel I need to continue on with red. 35 days...

pixlexic

Banned
I really like the final boxes .. Though I wish they would get rid of the details on the right and just have it solid blue with the console.

Binabik15

Colours on the controllers should be darker. The blue of the box is darker, the UI blue is darker, the swirl of face buttons has a darker blue, the blueray cases have a darker blue, darker blue looks better, anyway. 'nuff said.

The boxes are pretty sexy. The charger station is the best one, IMO, the PS4 box with the white area looks a bit too much like a kid discovering Photoshop's gradient function.
The PS2 box was best, though. Dat solid blue

IvorB

Hype levels have become unstable...

I upgraded my Amazon pre-order to "gamer bundle" so I got a copy of Killzone and the camera just for completeness. I can't believe this is only next month a new gen dawns. I think I will get the stand as well and possibly the charging cradle...

flippedb

Banned
I know the DS4 might be an amazing controller, but god damn, that shit is ugly! It really looks like a Madcatz version of DS3.

And it looks even worse when you see it next to the PS4, which is a sexy-ass console.

Top Bottom