• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS4 is almost here; here's some retail boxes in the meantime

I wish both the front and rear plates on the PS4 controllers were colored instead of just the front. Still looks cool but not as slick as all red or blue with just black accents (triggers, buttons, touchpad). I also hope for some decent game themed controllers down the road.

IvorB

I know the DS4 might be an amazing controller, but god damn, that shit is ugly! It really looks like a Madcatz version of DS3.

And it looks even worse when you see it next to the PS4, which is a sexy-ass console.

I think it looks pretty great to be honest but each to their own.

Aretak

Not usually a fan of controllers with non-default colours, but the the DS4 looks pretty nice that way. I think the contrast between the black and the blue/red is doing it for me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Already preordered (I might have to buy the vertical stand)

Really considering importing those red and blue controllers. I think they look awesome. I don't know why Sony aren't releasing them in the U.S. at the same time. Then I'll just need to wait for an inevitable white one to complete my 4 DS4 set of opposite color pairs.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

ibubAM2J0Zer99.gif

Miletius

Do not like the red or blue controllers with the black plate in the middle of them. Would look much better if it was one uniform color. Everything else looks decent, though.

The alternate controller colors are pretty hideous. They are way over-saturated and too cartoon-like. Why not white on black? It would look amazing.

I believe that the blue and red controllers were photographed In a display case and looked better than what the promo images to this point have shown.

Yoday

Aw, the stand is sold separately?
Are you kidding? This is the company that brought us this...
scph-10110u_large.jpg

And yes, I totally bought one...and would do it again...actually, I just bought one again a few weeks ago.

I am buying the vertical stand on day one.

Ugh

That blue to white gradient on the console packaging is killing me. The packaging for the peripherals is slightly more acceptable, but they should've gone full PS2 with the solid blue color. If it was solely based on packaging I'd take the Xbone Day One edition with the black box.

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay, I just found out the vertical stand is 26 euros.

26 euros for a plastic piece of shit.

Yoday

Colours on the controllers should be darker. The blue of the box is darker, the UI blue is darker, the swirl of face buttons has a darker blue, the blueray cases have a darker blue, darker blue looks better, anyway. 'nuff said.

The boxes are pretty sexy. The charger station is the best one, IMO, the PS4 box with the white area looks a bit too much like a kid discovering Photoshop's gradient function.
The PS2 box was best, though. Dat solid blue
That picture makes it look lighter than I think it is. Here is an actual shot.
DSC08139-610x405.jpg

Rey

Damnn those coloured ones are horrible.. and NO it doesn't remind me of a blue M5.

Totally getting the stand on day one.

Minyobi

As the proud owner of an obnoxious, lime green third party controller, I kind of don't like the colored PS4 ones. Touchpad throws everything off.
Also, Things always go wrong when I turn my systems vertical. You guys can go to war all you want over those stands.

5amshift

Banned
Beautiful packaging all around. First time seeing the colored controllers and I'm not feeling them. Black all the way for me.

SuperPac

Do want that blue Dual Shock 4. If it's out at launch in the U.S. I'll probably grab that and the charging stand.

Paskil

I assumed most had already seen it here, but just in case:

BWSES8aCYAAIaKf.jpg:large

DAT COLOR IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER. Different colored consoles confirmed
pre-order canceled

I would love to get the stand, but my television stand isn't tall enough to support vertical consoles. My Wii doesn't fit in the shelf space with the wavebird adapter attached. :(

Top Bottom