• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The REAL Wii VC sales thread

RaidenZR said:
Wario's Woods is like Puyo Puyo right? Or am I thinking of Kirby's Avalanche?
I don't know Kirby's Avalanche, but Wario's Woods isn't Puyo Puyo. However, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, which IS Puyo Puyo, is supposed to be out sometime this year.

RaidenZR

JoshuaJSlone said:
I don't know Kirby's Avalanche, but Wario's Woods isn't Puyo Puyo. However, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, which IS Puyo Puyo, is supposed to be out sometime this year.

Ia Wario's Woods comparable to any other puzzler in history then? Just wondering if I should care about it is all.

RaidenZR said:
Ia Wario's Woods comparable to any other puzzler in history then? Just wondering if I should care about it is all.
Not that I can think of. As Toad, you walk along the play area (including walking up vertical stacks) and move around the little critters to create groups of the same color in a row (vertical, horizontal, or diagonal), but you also must have a bomb of the same color in that row for them to disappear. Bombs fall from above; maybe more creatures start to fall too eventually, but I can't recall.

Played a bit of it on Animal Crossing, but it never grabbed me.

bard

RaidenZR said:

As far as I'm concerned, Wario's Woods is one of the greatest puzzlers ever made. The SNES version is better, with catchier music and more modes, but the NES will do in a pinch.

So far I've bought:

Wario's Woods
Bonk's Adventure

Jumpman

Super Mario 64, F-Zero, and Bonk for me.

I'll buy many of the rest later, but am not in a rush, since a lot of those are already in animal crossing, or in sega's various classic collection's.

john tv

Bonk's Adventure
The Legend of Zelda

I woulda got Sonic if it were 600 points like it should've been. I'll just get it for the Japanese Wii instead.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Ok, I updated an added some dollar amounts/totals. Over $2,000 has been spent on VC by the folks in this topic alone.

I'll keep the money up to date, but only once every couple days or so. It's a pain to re-add it all up. Units I'll do more often.

Tonche

Good to see some of the more "obscure" titles such as Bonk, Bomberman & Solomon's Key getting some sales.

If this trend stretches to the consumer at large, we'll hopefully see a wider range of titles than just the "megahits".

fresquito

Tonche said:
Good to see some of the more "obscure" titles such as Bonk, Bomberman & Solomon's Key getting some sales.

If this trend stretches to the consumer at large, we'll hopefully see a wider range of titles than just the "megahits".
The good thing about digital distribution is that since games don't disappear from shelves, word and mouth works just fine. Let's hope the better games get some love and not only the most famous of them.

Sega

Man, I swore to myself that I wouldn't buy any of these... I did. That was easy to do when my VC store didn't WORK. But, I spent the time to fix it today... and... I couldn't help it... First, I had to get bomberman 93 for the 5 player action... then Sonic for the music... then solomon's key on recommendation.... I'm so weak! Now how can I unvote with my wallet?! :(

Recap:

Bomberman 93
Sonic the Hedgehog
Solomon's Key

Oh yeah, I must add... I LOVE the clarity of all the emulators. It looks better than any emulator I've used. However, the TG-16 looks like a regular ol' emulator to me. They blurred it a bit, and didn't run at native resolution :(

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
The Legend of Zelda
Solomon's Key
Bonk's Adventure
Bomberman '93
Sonic the Hedgehog
F-Zero
Super Mario 64

I'm dying for a classic controller here. :/

Rlan

RaidenZR said:
Wario's Woods is like Puyo Puyo right? Or am I thinking of Kirby's Avalanche?

Yeah, you're thinking of Kirby's Avalanche. Compile brought over what I believe is Puyo Puyo Tsu to the States via Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Kirby. They sort of assumed the style of game wouldn't work very well in the states, and by the sales numbers of every Puyo Pop game since Poyo Pop on the GBA through the Fever ! & 2, I'd say they were right :)

Sort of stuck like the old Tetris Attack / Pokemon Puzzle League / Pokemon Puzzle Challenge / Puzzle League when it's just known as Panel De Pon in Japan.

joeposh

Mario 64

Still debating what to buy with the remaining 1000 points, may just wait it out a few weeks in hopes of scoring Toe Jam and Earl.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I just bought Solomon's Key

So that makes 2 VC games I purchased so far (you tallied Mario64 from my first post in the thread).

GDJustin

MiketheBSG said:
I own every single VC game, including the newest one, Super Star Soldier (TG-16)

Are you joking? Please don't skew the data, if you are. I'll have to add a bunch of 1s for the games not yet listed...

So what is the availability of this thing, I've been dancing around the decision to buy one & Zelda, can I walk into a GS, Best buy or Circuit city (NYC) and pick one up or what?

GDJustin

It's really hard, and I consider myself decent at 2D shooters, too :(

The problem is that if you die on the boss, you start waaaay back at the beginning of the level. So it's not like you can blow a few lives on the boss and still see level two. You have to beat him perfectly, or you won't progress :(

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
GDJustin said:
It's really hard, and I consider myself decent at 2D shooters, too :(

The problem is that if you die on the boss, you start waaaay back at the beginning of the level. So it's not like you can blow a few lives on the boss and still see level two. You have to beat him perfectly, or you won't progress :(

You you have 1 life?

GDJustin

Slurpy said:
You you have 1 life?

No... you have 3/4. As I said, when you die on the boss, you start back at the beginning of the level.

So, I'd make my way through the level without ANY problems, hit the boss, die in about 12 seconds without even being entirely sure where the bullet came from that hit me, and then have to go through the entire first level again to get a another crack at him.

In most shooters (ie EVERY OTHER SHOOTER I'VE EVER PLAYED), when you die your next ship comes up and you resume right where you left off. So even if you suck, you can blow a few lives on a boss but still get by him to at least see the next level, as you pound him with your two seconds of invulnerability. But... not SSS, apparently.

Edit: I see why you're confused. If you die during a level, you continue right where you left off. But die on the boss, and it sends you back to the start.

Top Bottom