• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Reminded me a bit of Tools and a bit of My Dying Bride, and i'm sorry but the singer's voice didn't click with my taste.
8'00'' to 9'.30'' was the part i enjoyed most, surely is a track that need a second (and a third) listening.
I was sincerely pleased
8.5\10

Chris Corrigan - Horizons (Original Mix)

Okay. Just seems like your standard trance fair, which isn't too bad a thing, imo. Do appreciate it staying fast paced and moving the whole time. The orchestral stuff was a nice touch. Very epic and building. 7/10

A Summer Better Than Yours - "Jump Right In"

NinjaBoiX

Reminded me a bit of Tools and a bit of My Dying Bride, and i'm sorry but the singer's voice didn't click with my taste.
8'00'' to 9'.30'' was the part i enjoyed most, surely is a track that need a second (and a third) listening.
I was sincerely pleased
8.5\10

Chris Corrigan - Horizons (Original Mix)
Euphoric, reminds me of my yoof! (neos)

Nice Felix, I like pop punk!

Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine

Come on boys, where's the new record?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Servbot24

Banned
Not sure where you're getting "angsty" from, honestly. It's not even close to Linkin Park or something "angst-ridden" imo.
[/URL]

Mmm just is overly earnest and moody imo. Not as bad as Linkin Park of course, but how many things are :p Reminds me of Anberlin whom I actually like but that's mainly because I listened to them in highschool when I listened to that stuff (not saying you have highschool taste, that just happened to be my phase at the time)

I'll let someone else take that track so as to not take over the thread :p

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Mmm just is overly earnest and moody imo. Not as bad as Linkin Park of course, but how many things are :p Reminds me of Anberlin whom I actually like but that's mainly because I listened to them in highschool when I listened to that stuff (not saying you have highschool taste, that just happened to be my phase at the time)

I'll let someone else take that track so as to not take over the thread :p

I just don't get the moody, maybe a little, but for the sake of the song, not overbearingly so. And, as someone familiar with Anberlin, they aren't even in the same genre ballpark as Anberlin. I don't even see that comparison, like, at all.

No worries. I think I'll do the same.

Not sure where you're getting "angsty" from, honestly. It's not even close to Linkin Park or something "angst-ridden" imo.

Anyways, Chill but that weird panning buzz is bugging the hell out of me. Some really bizzare vocal snippets too. 6/10.

Mux Mool - "Night Court"

Pretty good, not my normal sort of thing but I much prefer that sort of dance-style music to overly electronic stuff. 7/10

House Boat - I'd Be Better Off On

Took me far too long to decide on a song. Also I feel like Grath's voice may be...grating to some people but oh well.

Hmmm not really my type of music but the lyrics were pretty decent 5/10.

Here is mine

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WmV0gWzp9PQ

too minimal for me. it seems a little like a burial track, but without the atmosphere. not enough variation in the rhythms or melody, it doesn't really go anywhere pleasing or satisfying. 3/10.

world's end girlfriend - daydream loveletter
the song starts off a little spastic (which i personally love), but i think the payoff should be worth it to most of you.

Venturin

Banned
too minimal for me. it seems a little like a burial track, but without the atmosphere. not enough variation in the rhythms or melody, it doesn't really go anywhere pleasing or satisfying. 3/10.

the song starts off a little spastic (which i personally love), but i think the payoff should be worth it to most of you.

hmm 4/10 sounds like schizophrenia...

Here's one that I imagine will be from left field.. A Downton Abbey soundtrack song - http://youtu.be/HsEHy88lw2E

injurai

Banned
Feel asleep and woke up to a great selection of contributions. Love the interest people are taking.

really nice, I'm loving every second of it. 9.5/10 I'll have to explore more of this.

The Dodos - Season

NinjaBoiX

I really like it! The squidgy baseline and sqauking synths remind me of Madeon. It's cool.

As it got skipped last time:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VQH8ZTgna3Q

Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine?

Back working with James Ford, big fat distorted riffs, and swagger to spare. I absolutely love it!

Great thread injurai, cool idea!

faridmon

6/10

Its a great relaxing song, reminds me of The Horrible Crow, which combined Ballad-like tempo with Blues/Folk/Alt sound. Could Get boring after a while though. Also, IMO, its short on creativity.

CHVRCHES - Lies

you have to watch it too, i'm sorry.

8/10

Wow, really great Synth track with a lot of old-school composition. The tempo and them are quiet well done in terms of using the base synth. Remind me a lot of Hooray For Earth but as a happier version of them. Don't like the vocals though, it feels that Auto-tuned is used slightly which I am not fan of

Lillies and Remains - Moralist S.S.

Ummm...WOW. That was awsome. 10/10

Edit:
10/10. I'm gonna need some money.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWlKZ6C7cDY

5/10.
I really don't like folk songs and this one didn't did anything to stand out.

7/10 not my cup of tea but I enjoyed it.

In the sun - Joseph Arthur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyNSGbJ7yRI

7/10.
Didn't really felt this one, it didn't caught my attention.

Ricky Salerno-Tell Me You Want Me (Cucky & Salerno Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmB3978QHsg

iMax

6/10

Its a great relaxing song, reminds me of The Horrible Crow, which combined Ballad-like tempo with Blues/Folk/Alt sound. Could Get boring after a while though. Also, IMO, its short on creativity.

8/10

Wow, really great Synth track with a lot of old-school composition. The tempo and them are quiet well done in terms of using the base synth. Remind me a lot of Hooray For Earth but as a happier version of them. Don't like the vocals though, it feels that Auto-tuned is used slightly which I am not fan of

Lillies and Remains - Moralist S.S.

Really enjoyed this. Beats remind me of old Maximo Park tunes. I like.

8/10

The Prodigy — Out Of Space

This is terrible. Hate the vocals, hate the hook, hate the synths....hate everything about it. Except that high pitch drummy sound at the start of the song, and the piano melody in the break down is cool too.

So....3/10?

sad_face-13549.png

Top Bottom