• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

Myriadis

Yeah it's pretty much Pop Punk which is not my style, but I must admit that I like the lyrics and the sound. 6/10.

Now, on the other side of the spectrum, Miranda July - Medical Wonder
Really want to know how other people react to this. I think it's fascinating in a weird way.

UrbanRats

Yeah it's pretty much Pop Punk which is not my style, but I must admit that I like the lyrics and the sound. 6/10.

Now, on the other side of the spectrum, Miranda July - Medical Wonder
Really want to know how other people react to this. I think it's fascinating in a weird way.
Well i'm not against something like that on principle, i like Set Fire To Flames, which do similar things, however they tend to work within the album holistically, more than stand alone tracks.
Without context it's not that compelling, in my opinion.
--
Mark Hollis - The Daily Planet.

Well i'm not against something like that on principle, i like Set Fire To Flames, which do similar things, however they tend to work within the album holistically, more than stand alone tracks.
Without context it's not that compelling, in my opinion.
--
Mark Hollis - The Daily Planet.

It has merit, it's not something I'd generally listen to, but I could probably have it going on in the background and appreciate it. It's hard to rate as I feel I could listen to it in a particular mood and say it's the best music ever, but conversely I could listen to it in another mood and say it's shite. You've confused me, because of that 8/10.

Anyway we need an anthem, an old anthem......

Too easy, brilliant stuff, but I was a fan before 8/10 just an artist that no one has any reason to not enjoy, even if it's just on in the background.

This band have been on my radar for years and I forget about them and then my internal DJ brings one of their songs up and I have to dig it out and play it. They do a lot of avant-garde shit but also a lot of wonderful lyrics and tunes. This is one of my faves.

The Indelicates - Savages

And UrbanRats feel free to reply, if you like emancipator I'm guessing you'll like this.

Myriadis

It's very much a indie pop song, and after several hours of Soma FMs Indie Pop Rocks, I'm starting to get sick of that Boom boom boom way of introducing the drums. There is definitely some potential there, but otherwise it's not my cup of tea. 4/10

Magic Shoppe - City Alight
Neo-Psychedelia - as psychedelic as it can get. Absolutely unknown but I stumbled upon them and love what I heard so far.

AniHawk

It's very much a indie pop song, and after several hours of Soma FMs Indie Pop Rocks, I'm starting to get sick of that Boom boom boom way of introducing the drums. There is definitely some potential there, but otherwise it's not my cup of tea. 4/10

Magic Shoppe - City Alight
Neo-Psychedelia - as psychedelic as it can get. Absolutely unknown but I stumbled upon them and love what I heard so far.

kind of soothing in a way. maybe hypnotic is a better term. i was expecting something crazier but i liked what i heard. 7/10

miracle legion - mr. mingo: 1980s jangle pop from the guys who eventually did the music for the adventures of pete and pete.

Myriadis

10/10 it's maiden live, in the 80's, I saw them in around 86, fucking blinding, fuck all the other shit!

Anyway as we've swung to metal I'll pull this out, possibly the most intense start to an album. Love it! Straddles the genres of Metal and Punk whilst giving no fucks.

I must admit the start is the best part of the song it's an amazing start. The rest mixes metal and punk pretty well but I feel like there could be more originality with the melodies. The vocals are a bit annoying there. 7/10

Common feat. Stevie Wonder - Black America again
And while we're at it, you might rate the music video with it, which I consider quite a nice idea and fairly powerful. Interestingly enough, in that video only the single parts of the song are played, but never the whole thing. Quite a bold move.

Top Bottom