• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

This was pretty nice Ice, thanks for sharing. In a different mood I could definitely get into this in a bigger way.

For me, it's The Roots - Can't Stop This, their tribute song to J Dilla and it still kills me.

Gotta say I'm not a fan of the whole RnB/Hip hop/Jazz fusion thing. That's just personal preference, I tend to like things a little harder in my hip hop. 5/10

Anyway a fusion artist I do like, and their debut album was astounding. Benji, the lead singer has an amazing voice that can switch genres at will.

chessnut

Gotta say I'm not a fan of the whole RnB/Hip hop/Jazz fusion thing. That's just personal preference, I tend to like things a little harder in my hip hop. 5/10

Anyway a fusion artist I do like, and their debut album was astounding. Benji, the lead singer has an amazing voice that can switch genres at will.

5/10 stopped listening to metal a couple years back. I like the creativity, they're certainly unique.

Mac Demarco - Let her go

I've been listening to this album non-stop, wish I could go to coachella to see 'em live

Myriadis

8/10, nice one.
-
I've already posted one from this album, but whatever:

Lunar Dunes - Pharaoh's Dream

This one is really great, can't find it on YouTube, sorry.

It was alright. I like this kind of music, but that song didn't really catch my interest.
7/10

Dan Mangan & Blacksmith - Offred

I'm not a Dan Mangan fan, but the newest album has a nice different sound. Glad I bought it at his concert, he's also a really nice guy.
The concert was really good, and my brother who's a guitarrist freaked out when their guitarist played his guitar with a bow on that song in the end.

It was alright. I like this kind of music, but that song didn't really catch my interest.
7/10

Dan Mangan & Blacksmith - Offred

I'm not a Dan Mangan fan, but the newest album has a nice different sound. Glad I bought it at his concert, he's also a really nice guy.
The concert was really good, and my brother who's a guitarrist freaked out when their guitarist played his guitar with a bow on that song in the end.

Never heard of this guy, but it does have a nice sound. Do you know if there is an instrumental version? The instruments remind me of the xx songs.

Goodbye to the Ground bye Alison Moorer

I like, great horns.

There was a violon in rock/pop songs thread a while back and this song was on my mind but I couldn't remember who sang it and the title and all,until it finally played on the radio last week...anyway here it is,I always loved that intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfFHzqGBZI

Not really my style of music, but its okay I suppose. Doesn't click with me at all.
4/10

Worker Bees - Billy Talent

Lyrics are strong, and love the instrumentation in this song. I like how they made the guitar and bass sound like bees humming. It's really well done, and a creative song.

This is my last post.

chessnut

Classic pop punk track. "Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone?" in general is a top notch album.

Paranoia! Paranoia!

8/10

My pick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EkVYX9YVLM

Lyrics in the description play out like a history lesson, worth checking too!

S'ok, I'm more punk than metal I'll give it 7/10

I heard this because I watched the film Empire Records, good film by the way and this was the last track. The movie version because it launched Renée Zellweger and she sings! Original is here, but go with the movie version for the filth. I bought Coyote Shivers 2 albums based on this track and they're actually pretty good.

Kimaxe

Good day young lads, it's been a long time !
S'ok, I'm more punk than metal I'll give it 7/10

I heard this because I watched the film Empire Records, good film by the way and this was the last track. The movie version because it launched Renée Zellweger and she sings! Original is here, but go with the movie version for the filth. I bought Coyote Shivers 2 albums based on this track and they're actually pretty good.

5/10, didn't even make my feet shake, but that's ok since it's not my thing.

Deluxe - Superman ft Taiwan MC

Kimaxe

You must know me well. Really loved that, smooth, rhythmic, simply a jam.

July Talk - Guns + Ammunition

Not my usual type of music, but the bassline, and the overall instrumentation kinda gives me a late 80's vibe, vocals on the other hand are a mixed bag, the guys gruffer vocals work better with the song than the lasses in my opinion. Good song overall though, 7.5/10, which is pretty high for a song in a genre I'm not that into.

Graveyard - Endless Night

TheDanger

Banned
Not my usual type of music, but the bassline, and the overall instrumentation kinda gives me a late 80's vibe, vocals on the other hand are a mixed bag, the guys gruffer vocals work better with the song than the lasses in my opinion. Good song overall though, 7.5/10, which is pretty high for a song in a genre I'm not that into.

Graveyard - Endless Night

groovy! cool song and video 8/10 Sounds like something that would play in Sunset Overdrive.

Manu Chao - Clandestino

Top Bottom