• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

That's really not my thing, and although some of the guitar moments were ok, i really don't like that type of vocals. Though it reminded me of the THPS days.
4/10.
-
Rubik - Storm in a glass of water.

It hurts my brain. But it's sort of good, think it's an artist I'd have to listen to a few times to make my mind up. It does sound very familiar though, but I suppose who doesn't at this stage in music. 6/10 but may increase over time.

One of my fave tunes from my Skating days.

It hurts my brain. But it's sort of good, think it's an artist I'd have to listen to a few times to make my mind up. It does sound very familiar though, but I suppose who doesn't at this stage in music. 6/10 but may increase over time.

One of my fave tunes from my Skating days.

Honestly not bad, not a huge fan of Punk, but its really not bad.
That whole "Eeeeeieieieieie want youuuuu", is annoying though.

7/10

Bricks - Rise Against

I'd consider Billy Talent to be punk, and Rise Against to be hardcore punk. Or am I missing a joke? But pretty good, I've always like this style of music despite not listening to it much. A weighted 8/10.

I should have said old school Punk.

AcridMeat

Banned

GhaleonQ

UrbanRats

This is the kind of song I actively dislike, a mix of 1990s and 2000s alternative rock with mumbled vocal melodies, but this specific one was fun! The piano chords were simple but effective, the lyrics matched the delivery, and I always love a jangly guitar. The percussion was weak, though, and might as well not have been there.

7/10

Christian Loffler: Blind https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfMMks1N9Kk

Nice, relaxing and soothing.
7/10.
-
Lunar Dunes - Moon Bathing.

UrbanRats

--Just popping in to say Kimaxe, Monkey3 are really good, hadn't listened to this kind of sound since like Locrian's Crystal World, probably--

AcridMeat

Banned

Tuuuuuuuuuneeeee!!!!!

I've heard better hip hop, but not much. 9/10

Keeping with the Hip Hop theme probably my favourite Hip Hop artist.

8.5/10. Really like the production/chorus, sort of an odd disconnect between the main MC and the features (might be because of the contrasting accents).

Time to get on the Grime Wave.
Loving all of this. Legendary Aesop Rock, Scroobius Pip/POS and grime I haven't heard before? Awesome.

This one is a bit long I apologize but I just watched a video with an image from NASA that had it and had to listen to the full thing.

Koda - The Last Stand Back to ambient/gaze.

edit: To continue the hip hop train, deliciousness from L'Orange - Need You Feat. Blu

Kaladin

Loving all of this. Legendary Aesop Rock, Scroobius Pip/POS and grime I haven't heard before? Awesome.

This one is a bit long I apologize but I just watched a video with an image from NASA that had it and had to listen to the full thing.

Koda - The Last Stand Back to ambient/gaze.

Shoegaze isn't always my thing, but I dig it after the beat kicks in. 5/10

If you watched Better Call Saul, you enjoyed the music of Junior Brown in the opening, here is a track displaying his guitar chops:

Junior Brown - Freeborn Man (Live)

Top Bottom