• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

UrbanRats

Excellent song from an excellent album.

Here's some soul. Kylie Auldist - Everybody Here Wants You

Very nice one.
At the start i wasn't so sure of it, but then i picked up nicely.

--
Mike Oldfield - In Dulci Jubilo

Shamelessly stolen from the Christmas Songs thread, but fuck it, we're in the right season.
I just love it top to bottom.
Ain't no solo, like a 70's solo.

Wanted to post Ommadawn (part 2) but it's 17 minutes, too long for this thread, i found out. :p

AcridMeat

Banned
Not something i'd listen to on my own, but still catchy.
-
Siinai - Anthem Part 1 & Part 2 (NSFW, as it's put on clips from Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain, that has some nudity).
I was intrigued, then 5 minutes hit and I was hooked. That was swell.

Some hip hop I didn't know was released last year. I was listening to my old college radio station and heard this track, recognized the vocalist after looking it up and it's a founder of The Pharcyde!

Slimkid3 & DJ Nu-Mark - I know, Didn't I (feat. Darondo)
Smooth as heck.

Kimaxe

I'm really glad to see some more activity in this thread.
Oh yes. I was just listening to Joseph Jacobs earlier today. Digging this quite a bit.

However the song I just finished listening to, which I've been addicted with the last couple of days, is way different haha.

Tera Melos - Sunburn

Cool. I didn't shake my head to this song but I don't have anything against it, so 6.5/10 I guess.
Difference is good man.
Chinese Man - Miss Chang

Kimaxe

This doo-wop/mariachi mash up parody was more enjoyable than the song it covers. Just an artist having fun. 6.4/10

Roger Molls featuring Above Ave.

Collaboration between my group and a French hip hop producer. There are two versions out there, this one is his. The other available at aboveavedotcom

I really liked it, 7/10 (btw there's a thread to promote your own music)
---

YouTube's recommendations led me to this. I like the song and love the woman.
L'orange - Man of the night

AcridMeat

Banned
What's up fellas and fellinas.
Very different from what I've been grooving to today. That said, this goes very well with the Devin Townsend I have. I like it, thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure if I've ever posted this here. Knowing me, I probably have but I'm going through Vaudeville Villain again and whenever I get to this particular song I just stop everything for a moment.

Viktor Vaughn - Raedawn

That beat is fucking incredible.

What's up fellas and fellinas.

Very different from what I've been grooving to today. That said, this goes very well with the Devin Townsend I have. I like it, thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure if I've ever posted this here. Knowing me, I probably have but I'm going through Vaudeville Villain again and whenever I get to this particular song I just stop everything for a moment.

Viktor Vaughn - Raedawn

That beat is fucking incredible.

I personally don't like the beat at all, and I find to be quite boring when all is said and done.

2/10

One of my favourite songs off of Dead Silence, just a fun song in general to me.

Man Alive - Billy Talent

UrbanRats

Injurai, i thought i had to double post to bump this.
Saved the day.
This song is beyond annoying. It gets better when there's more sounds around 2 minutes in til the end...but a (uninspired) 2 minute intro for a 4 minute song is a waste of my time. 0/10 for the first 2 minutes. 6/10 for everything after that.

Erasure - Under The Wave

4/10, didn't hate it, but didn't care for it, either, and the beat sort of annoyed me a bit, after a while.
-
Sarah Neufeld - Hero Brother.
Sorry all of you Arcade Fire fans, but her solo album is great.

Top Bottom