• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

Very good song. They could fit with Staind who I also like.

The People that We Love by Bush NFS:Hot Pursuit had such a good soundtrack.

Dude! My thing! Opening Guitar riff reminded me of The Descendants, which is a bonus. Liked it a lot. 8/10

Mine, a cover of a classic UK indie tune, done by a more classic UK indie band. The odd thing is, the lead singer Jim Morrison is probably the best song writer of the 80-90's Uk indie scene, and yet still did covers.

Anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnQYSzng6uw&feature=kp

Kaladin

Dude! My thing! Opening Guitar riff reminded me of The Descendants, which is a bonus. Liked it a lot. 8/10

Mine, a cover of a classic UK indie tune, done by a more classic UK indie band. The odd thing is, the lead singer Jim Morrison is probably the best song writer of the 80-90's Uk indie scene, and yet still did covers.

Anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnQYSzng6uw&feature=kp

Not really my thing, a bit too much. 4/10 for the symphonic parts

How about some psychedelic country?

Sturgill Simpson - Turtles All The Way Down

Not really my thing, a bit too much. 4/10 for the symphonic parts

How about some psychedelic country?

Sturgill Simpson - Turtles All The Way Down

Not too bad. 6/10 with a few of those points for reminding me to listen to this song (probably the only country song I really love):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ninIqZU5t3Y

Special guest vocals by Nergal.

The original is phenomenal, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RlgYxbtJb1Y

Your song will give you elation if you are in a depression and in desperation from having constipation.
You'll get this if you listen to his song.

Precious Memories by Randy Travis

I've lived in Tennessee my entire life and I listened to a lot country growing up, so hearing Randy Travis singing hit me with a nostalgia brick. I love dude's voice, though I find this particular song a bit too slow for me. It encouraged me to look up his old hits like "Forever and Ever, Amen," though. Thanks!

Here's one:

Marvin Gaye - When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You

Marvin Gaye shouldn't be a new name for anyone, but this album in particular did poorly on the charts for reasons you can look up yourself if you like it!

UrbanRats

I've lived in Tennessee my entire life and I listened to a lot country growing up, so hearing Randy Travis singing hit me with a nostalgia brick. I love dude's voice, though I find this particular song a bit too slow for me. It encouraged me to look up his old hits like "Forever and Ever, Amen," though. Thanks!

Here's one:

Marvin Gaye - When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You

Marvin Gaye shouldn't be a new name for anyone, but this album in particular did poorly on the charts for reasons you can look up yourself if you like it!

Very calming and chill.
Nice listen.
--

Puscifer - The humbling river.

A legend, in the truest sense. 9/10

This is one of my favorite artists, a brilliant lyricist and someone who is uninterested in the usual trappings of fame and success. UK Hip Hop at its best.

It sounded to me like a speech with electro music in the background. I wonder what I have a dream from Martin Luther King would sound like with this sort of music playing behind him. I might be watching too much Boondocks tho.

Unchained Melody by Clay Aiken

Kimaxe

It sounded to me like a speech with electro music in the background. I wonder what I have a dream from Martin Luther King would sound like with this sort of music playing behind him. I might be watching too much Boondocks tho.

Unchained Melody by Clay Aiken

Nice cover of a good song, but I'm not a fan of the key change at the end, too much for me. 7/10.

I've found and old tape of Téléphone today, the first band I really listened to when I was around 10. Téléphone - Crache ton venin (live)

2/10 because I'm sure there's a worse song out there. The main theme to the song is nothing special. Furthermore this song goes nowhere. The creepy vocals add nothing. The composer thinks they're being intelligent by stopping and starting different rhythms here and there but they're not as it doesn't add anything to an already lackluster song. I like layered techno music and this has a lot going on but it doesn't gel in any way and just sounds like noise. It's also way too repetitious. A simple calm in the music at any point probably would have gotten me to give it 1 point higher but nope...7 minutes of the most annoying hard techno I've ever heard.

OMD: Helen of Troy

It's also way too repetitious. A simple calm in the music at any point probably would have gotten me to give it 1 point higher but nope...7 minutes of the most annoying hard techno I've ever heard.

OMD: Helen of Troy

it wasn't techno in the first place it's PsyTrance and it's long because 7 minutes is the subgenre's staple. And most EDM by nature is repetitious more so when it has no true lyrics

Never seen the crow, but that has a psychedelic vibe to it. It's nice, really I have nothing to say against it.

P.O.S - Optimist

6/10 probably would have liked it better if i never saw that video again heh

Frenssu - Lady Love

Kimaxe

OK, I don't know what to say. I think it's a cool track because I like french house. But that's the problem, it follows the exact same pattern you can find in the old Thomas Bangalter's stuff for instance, so it bothers me a bit. (I didn't check when it was released, so my apologies if it's from the same era) 6/10

Same title but not same genre, here's a classic. Robin Trower made some better ones but I post this song just because of the title.
Robin Trower - Lady Love

OK, I don't know what to say. I think it's a cool track because I like french house. But that's the problem, it follows the exact same pattern you can find in the old Thomas Bangalter's stuff for instance, so it bothers me a bit. (I didn't check when it was released, so my apologies if it's from the same era) 6/10

Same title but not same genre, here's a classic. Robin Trower made some better ones but I post this song just because of the title.
Robin Trower - Lady Love

it's from 2010 using a early 80's sample.
also
7.5/10 wish it was longer

Tonio Rubio - Dead Slow

Kimaxe

The guitar rift was very good, but I didnt like the singing too much.
5/10

When You Love a Woman by Journey

tumblr_m4w3vvqMn11qimi3zo1_500.gif

7/10, now I'm in the mood

Black Sabbath - Changes

TheDanger

Banned
8/10 In which genre does this song belong??

Dotan - Home

(start at 00:45)

experimental rock, art rock, just some crazy shit.

6/10 It's a good song, singing is not my kind of thing though. I really liked the video.

Slayer - Dead Skin Mask

This song is about murderer Ed Gein who made dead skin masks among other things.

When you hear the girl at the end of the song:

hello? hello mr gein?
mr gein?
lemme out of here mr gein
mr gein? I don't wanna play anymore mr gein
mr gein, it's not any fun anymore
i don't want to play anymore mr gein
mr gein? lemme out of here mr gein
lemme out, lemmmmeee oouuuuuuttt!!

I get shivers down my spine so fucking hard, really creepy song, but one of my favorites.

phenoman

Neo Member
Slayer - Dead Skin Mask

This song is about murderer Ed Gein who made dead skin masks among other things.

When you hear the girl at the end of the song:

hello? hello mr gein?
mr gein?
lemme out of here mr gein
mr gein? I don't wanna play anymore mr gein
mr gein, it's not any fun anymore
i don't want to play anymore mr gein
mr gein? lemme out of here mr gein
lemme out, lemmmmeee oouuuuuuttt!!

I get shivers down my spine so fucking hard, really creepy song, but one of my favorites.

Really not my kind of music, 2/10.

Lilly Wood & The Prick and Robin Schulz - Prayer in C

Great music out of Germanys Capital Berlin.

Kaladin

Thread resurrection!

Super serene, but also very interesting sonically. 8/10

United Nations - Serious Business

Super excited to listen to this album when it comes in, the lead single reminds me of Deafheaven's 2013 record.

I'm down with the metal, but that's just in your face screaming and blaring guitars....I could make a little sense out of it a bit of the way in....but that's too much for me.

4/10

Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't quit drivin' that hot....rod....lincoln.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsLdufJePz0

Stick around for the end....I didn't want it to end.

Top Bottom