• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Switch really needs an addictive loot game

Every system needs every type of game. Do we see these threads for PS4 and Xbox One? I'm not a Nintendo man myself so I think I only ever see these for Nintendo Consoles. Why? Just curious. Every console needs all the games.

Not a Nintendo guy either, the thing is Nintendo is largely neglected by third parties. While many fans say they buy Nintendo consoles only for its first party games somewhere along the lines they realize they miss out on a large portion of good games that sadly won't come over. It's variety of factors: (3rd parties don't think is worth it, hardware perhaps not capable) ultimately it sucks that Nintendo gamers either have to buy a second console or pc.

RAWRferal

Put me down for Diablo 3. I seriously did not realise how good this would be until now. Easy to pick up and just continue mid-run instantly.

Button mappings wouldn't be too bad for single joycon multi on the go either. Or am I missing something there?

Jakoo

Animal Crossing is Nintendo's Diablo.

This post nails it.

In terms of something new, I would like to see the likes of a Crystal Chronicles come back on the Switch, what with its relatively simple combat and focus on local multiplayer.

Make it so you can store player data on a pack-in Amiibo (simple stuff like appearance/weapons/stats) and you can easily play on your friends copy while out and about.

huh? It has built in wifi, and its not a game where your forced to battle with or against real people, so even if you have a bad connection it wouldnt be a big deal.

You must not realize how demanding and mmo would be.. So you're telling me that you want a dev to bring an mmo to the switch where in portable mode they might have WiFi? Seriously? Having wifi.. Doesn't mean you'll always have access to wifi.. Those switch commercials with people in the park.. Thats what nintendo thinks of when its portable.. Connecting to other switches.. Not hoping you're at Starbucks with a shitty wifi connection.. Or at the airport.. Or on a plane.. All historically shitty wifi... I highly doubt the switch ever sees a game thats 100% always online.

TwiztidElf

I'd buy a straight port of Torchlight 2 in a second. Fantastic fit for the platform. As long as they're not charging full price for it (Bomberman / SF2).

Every system needs every type of game. Do we see these threads for PS4 and Xbox One? I'm not a Nintendo man myself so I think I only ever see these for Nintendo Consoles. Why? Just curious. Every console needs all the games.

The main thing for me is that I love this particular subgenre and would love to play it portably, but there are no great options on any portable system that I'm aware of. At best, you can play related genres like hunting games (Monster Hunter, Freedom Wars, Toukiden, etc.) or stuff like Dragon's Crown (which has the loot/stat aspect attached to a 2D brawler).

Oregano

You must not realize how demanding and mmo would be.. So you're telling me that you want a dev to bring an mmo to the switch where in portable mode they might have WiFi? Seriously? Having wifi.. Doesn't mean you'll always have access to wifi.. Those switch commercials with people in the park.. Thats what nintendo thinks of when its portable.. Connecting to other switches.. Not hoping you're at Starbucks with a shitty wifi connection.. Or at the airport.. Or on a plane.. All historically shitty wifi... I highly doubt the switch ever sees a game thats 100% always online.

Dragon Quest X was literally one of the first games announced for the platform.

There's already an MMO coming...

Hell, there's an MMO on the 3DS. Why is an MMO on a handheld so hard for people to fathom?

EDarkness

Of course you'd only be able to play it if you have a wi-fi connection. But if you had a connection (at a restaurant, a school, mall, etc.) then the game would be playable. Not every game needs to be playable everywhere or in every form factor. The user can decide what would work best for them, but that still doesn't stop the game from being played on the system.

patientx

Borderlands, An Action RPG like Diablo or Path of Exile, Monster Hunter proper... These games or their derivatives would do great in portable mod. I think of minecraft kind of like these and it works great portably.

Retro

In order of preference;
  • PSO2
  • Monster Hunter
  • Sequel / remake / port of the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games.
  • Diablo 3

EDarkness

In order of preference;
  • PSO2
  • Monster Hunter
  • Sequel / remake / port of the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games.
  • Diablo 3

PSO 2 would be awesome as hell. I think I'd have to get another NS if that game came out so that my wife and I could play together. She'd definitely want her own screen for that game.

Producer

I'd play a good looking Monster Hunter if it was properly open world and had less arcane systems. The videos I've seen make the games seem very hard to get into.

Nah. You might want to play Toukiden 2. Its open world and if its like the first game, pretty basic.

Hazu

I know this might sound crazy but I would LOVE to have a Diablo 2 remaster on Switch. With 8 players supported in local play, this would just be perfect for the Switch!

brinstar

I don't think it's that surprising. The Switch has a unique form factor and is versatile. It's also weaker than the other consoles. So there's going to be a lot of speculation as to what potentially can and can't come to it. Also, Nintendo has weaker third party support so it's not guaranteed certain genres which is why folks will be more vocal about what they want to see on it.

Dremorak

Banned
Good lord we need a monster hunter. Switch was made for it, a lot of people played 4 and skipped generations, waiting for a switch port or MH5. I'm so ready for MH now, if nintendo announce it coming this year, it might just push it over the edge to being the greatest launch lineup that I personally have ever experienced.

Rncewind

dont know if this classify as "loot game" but with multi touch why is not hearthstone on this thing? is sure addictive enough

no brainer really

BizzyBum

Since Sega is acting cool again maybe they will port an enhanced Switch version of PSO 2?

I'd also rather have Diablo 4 instead of a port of 3.

RedSwirl

I've been saying this forever: there hasn't really been a definitive portable Diablo-like loot RPG. Not for dedicated handhelds or mobile.

A few games have gotten close but never really got the time to grow: Phantasy Star Zero, Phantasy Star Portable 2, etc. Infinity Blade Dungeons was supposed to be this but got cancelled. Torchlight mobile is still in development but looks like the worst aspects of F2P gaming right now. I think the Vita version of Borderlands 2 turned out to be crap right? Blizzard even tried to make a Game Boy version of Diablo back in the day.

The Switch would be an amazing platform for such a game. Diablo or Torchlight would be dope as hell, especially when you think about the potential for local MP. It'd basically be the Game Boy Diablo idea Blizzard tried where people would play together with link cables like in Pokémon.

You poor soul.

Sarcasm

Diablo and Monster Hunter please.

Totally would make me buy a switch asap.

PSO is a good choice too totally forgot that.

Kyzon

Phantasy Star Online 3 please with 4 player local co-op would be the GOAT!

I spent over 1000 hours on the gamecube one with my cousin and brother. Never even went online.

Not everyone wants to own multiple consoles and the Switch is portable. I own a PS4 also and eventually I'm going to sell it because now that I've played Persona 5 it's collecting dust.

The mind of a console or PC gamer is to sit in one place and game on a TV or monitor. Not everyone has that option. I game on the go. My Switch has never been docked so having games like Diablo 3 is a massive get for Nintendo and for me.

I also don't agree with Nintendo consoles for Nintendo first party mindset. Nintendo has a capable console so I want them to reach out and make deals with 3rd parties and I want to see 3rd parties release their games on the Switch. Skyrim is day one for me on the Switch and I hope it sells beyond well that it'll peak the interest in Bethesda in bringing in more of their titles.

Garou

Amazing to think there hasn't been a (mainline) HD Monster Hunter considering HD consoles began 12 YEARS AGO!!

91TP6NBQZ7L._SL1500_.jpg

It even says HD.

Top Bottom