• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Thread of Growing Epic Beards

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting cold out there, people, time to grow your beards. Mine's coming in quite nicely:

bradpitt35.jpg

(Note: Not me)

Anyone in?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've been growing one solely for going as Jesus for Halloween. As soon as November comes it's getting shaved the fuck off.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Thanks but no thanks. Did that mustache November shit last year and it was a month of uncomfortableness. Facial hair is bullshit.

gdt

My facial hair grows insanely fast. So if I go lazy for a week I get a mini beard going.

I go lazy quite often.

Right now I'm growing a beard since I'm going to dress up as Billy Mays for Halloween. But it's going to be gone once I wake up Nov. 1st.

_leech_ said:
Oh shit, I forgot about that (I did it last November, too). I'll enjoy the head start, I loves my beard.
I couldn't do that.

I have a beard because without it I have no chin. Letting the neckbeard grow would defeat the purpose.

Growing mine out for protection from the cold winter mornings on the bike. Thats my bike in the background. Totally wasn't planned that way.
91dd8a437646__1255379287000.jpeg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Everdred said:
I'm starting the 1st of November for "No Shave November"

Then I'll just have to be ironic.

I used to have a goatee but in Korea I try to keep the face smooth.

Ashy Larry

Neo Member
The only time to grow full on beards and not look like a stinky basement dweller is for playoff hockey.

Incoming avatar quote..

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm a beard-lifer. It definitely does make a difference in cold weather, but you don't really notice it until you shave it off. I haven't been beardless in a couple of years, though.

I can't grow a full beard, even when I didn't shave for a whole month. Comes in patchy. I'd partake in No Shave November, but I'm finally shaving regularly so I want to continue.

Boogie9IGN

My beard doesnt really connect to my sideburns and the cheek areas aren't quite visible, but the rest is bushy! I'm shavin it on Saturday when my girl gets back in town though :lol

My beard comes in pretty patchy so thats a no-go for me. Besides I'm already growing out the 'stache for a competition with a couple of my drinking buddies. We've only been growing them since Sept. 23rd(twas my friend's 21st, we got hammered and agreed to grow for a full month) and I'm starting to look like a Mexican rapist. Pretty bad considering I'm about 80% Irish. Not sure if I'm going to keep it until Halloween and incorporate it into a costume.. I'm desperate as it is to shave it. :x

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Not doing much, so I'm seeing how far I can take No Shave November. I did the whole month, starting from day 1, last year, so my drive to do it is nil. I've climbed that peak. Now I'm just in it to see if I can grow one. I've had a bit over a week so far and it's looking like a no. I don't even want a beard, I just want to know I can grow one if I wanted to.

It looks all sorts of horrible right now, though.

Blader

I can't do it. I didn't shave for a month during the summer and I stopped noticing growth after week 2. :lol

I get something comparable to Critical Jeff's picture, but that's pretty much the limit.

SnakeXs said:
Not doing much, so I'm seeing how far I can take No Shave November. I did the whole month, starting from day 1, last year, so my drive to do it is nil. I've climbed that peak. Now I'm just in it to see if I can grow one. I've had a bit over a week so far and it's looking like a no. I don't even want a beard, I just want to know I can grow one if I wanted to.

It looks all sorts of horrible right now, though.
A routine of shaving and letting it grow is what helped mine start coming in full.

I'd shave, let it grow for a few weeks, then shave, and let it grow for a month, and then shave again, and start the process anew. Not too long after I had a full soupcatcher coming in.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sounds like someone has figs in their rectum.
_leech_ said:
It's getting cold out there, people, time to grow your beards. Mine's coming in quite nicely:

bradpitt35.jpg

(Note: Not me)

Anyone in?
He looks so happy.

r3d panda said:
I would love to take part in this but my work will make me shave that shit off super quick.
I have that problem too... =(

Photo0150.jpg
Photo0153.jpg

It's not ridiculous or bad at all but they've got this stupid no facial hair rule. =\

ATF487

I really only grow out my facial hair when my head hair is long; I like the scruffy look. I look weird if one is long when the other isn't

Right now my hair is short, and I'm shaving often. It sucks, but I think for work I should probably look less creepy, so I'll keep shaving every few days or so. During winter break it'll be full beard mode though

Belfast

Beardtober is the new NSN. Mine is growing in quite nicely. I've had a full goatee before, but I've never gone total beard. It'll be interesting to see how it fills out!

Ionas

Man, Brad Pitt's is straight badass.

My beard is patchy as hell, but that's never stopped me before. I'm currently working on a Colonel Sanders moustache/goatee for halloween, but it's slow going.
Now:
35d5nop.jpg

Target:
30jlggp.png

and, for reference, some full blooms:
waplw8.png

2eezskh.png

I used to have an epic beard that I would shave every 4 months or so, but people kept confusing me for a homeless person, so I've been shaving more frequently. Seeing as it's winter and I have few commitments, I guess I can let it grow for a while.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
grap3fruitman said:
I have that problem too... =(

Photo0150.jpg
Photo0153.jpg

It's not ridiculous or bad at all but they've got this stupid no facial hair rule. =\
You shave your shirts off too!?

AVclub

Plywood said:
He looks so happy.
He gets to stick his dick into Angelina Jolie whenever he wants to, probably in the orifice of his choosing despite looking like a homeless person in this photo. What's not to be happy about?

Back on topic: My beard is in full swing, though I'll have to get rid of it for my "Mr. Belvedere" costume in a few weeks.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I've tried to grow facial hair. As time goes on it grows faster and fuller, but it still is too blonde, just looks like dirt on my face. At this point its just annoying, it grows back in just a few days, and shaving can be a pain in the ass.

Ionas

whitehawk said:
Please, don't ever do this again.

That'll make the colonel sanders costume pretty difficult...

please, like you've never shaved your beard into something creative and kept it for a few days, just for the hell of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom