• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Reveal Teaser

Jeels

I'm happy that Clem is back but if the supporting cast is the cast that you managed to get to tag along in 500 days, then I think I'll be bored. I found that group to be mostly uninteresting, except for the antagonist guy who killed the old couple.

Cess007

marrec

Banned
Can someone please quote where it says it'll launch next month? I only see the Season One GotY next month.

Expected to premiere later this year, The Walking Dead: Season Two - A Telltale Games Series will consist of five episodes that will be released for digital download over the course of the season and will conclude in 2014.

If she dies I hope its entirely based on choices the player makes....

If she doesn't bite the dust in the first episode, I'm going to be so disappointed now.

neoemonk

Very excited. I loved the Walking Dead. I was one of the lucky people that had no save issues on PC. I hope they can rectify those issues so more people can enjoy this game.

I've also been meaning to pick up the DLC. This is a great kick in the pants to do so. How is it anyway?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Don't want to play as Clem. Don't want to interact with the shitty characters from 400 days. And don't want to play on current gen if there will be performance issues again.

At least there's Fables....

sn00zer

WALKING DEAD SEASON 1 SPOILER
Cant wait for people saying "Hey, where's that black guy from the first game?"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess I'm just, er, concerned, with the fact that I think pretty much none of the things in Season 1 that made that that game what it was would have been possible if you were controlling Clementine.

They needed to keep Clem as the focus of Season 2 as it's the only way to bring closure to the previous season's events. We need to see her eventually delivered to safety for the story thus far to have any meaning.

Tookay

Dumb decision to go with Clem as the main character.

Then again, I wasn't really a fan of how the last couple episodes of Season 1 turned out, so I shouldn't be surprised.

neoemonk

They needed to keep Clem as the focus of Season 2 as it's the only way to bring closure to the previous season's events. We need to see her eventually delivered to safety for the story thus far to have any meaning.

Or in true Walking Dead fashion die horribly.

Its hard for us to play as clem. We know clem is a child and we are ( for the most part) adults. We are making decisions that an adult would make. There are things we know that clem shouldnt and cant know. For example We know all the actions that Lee did while clem did not. That right there is a dissonance between the player and the character.

In telltale i trust.

marrec

Banned
I guess I'm just, er, concerned, with the fact that I think pretty much none of the things in Season 1 that made that that game what it was would have been possible if you were controlling Clementine.

You remember how awesome it was to control a character with a mysterious past and possibly bad intentions?

Well fuck that! Cause now you're Clem!

Continuing with Clem is about the least interesting thing they could have done IMO. That story felt done to me.

Plus, no ps4/Xbo announcement? The game ran like crap on 360/ps3, was hoping I could avoid that this time.

Disappointed.

Fingers crossed this won't be such a mess on PC again. It really sucked getting connection/download errors while everyone else was playing the game.

I still need to to restore my save file from my backup, 400 days did mine in.

Because Clem can't plausibly fight off a single zombie in any way, shape or form without a gun. You can make the game about Clem without making us be Clem. See, e.g. Telltale's The Walking Dead, season 1.

Wouldn't that potentially make her a more interesting choice? Pick another adult and you know what to expect. But a kid? The rules change and so should the mechanics and decisions for her.

Continuing with Clem is about the least interesting thing they could have done IMO. That story felt done to me.

Plus, no ps4/Xbo announcement? The game ran like crap on 360/ps3, was hoping I could avoid that this time.

Disappointed.

They are announcing additional platforms at a later date, calm down

SamuraiX-

Telltale would've done better to just release the teaser instead of announcing that they were gonna release the teaser.

Playing as Clementine should be fun but there's no way we'll primarily be controlling only her. Interested to see what Telltale has planned.

marrec

Banned

No they didn't, we had closure. We were Lee and our story was done. That was it.

Now they're ruining that closure.

Valtýr

TWD has steam cloud support for saves so there's no reason why they cant pull that information from there instead of the local save files.

boingball

Well, that was a little bit underwhelming. Still hyped for Season 2.

Interesting choice for platforms at the end. "Playstation" (which I assume means PS3/PS4/Vita? and surely not Playstation One?) but only "Xbox 360", no Xbox One.

kubus

But I think it's a good one, as long as they don't limit the types of choices you make.

I'd want to turn her into a stone-cold badass.
I don't know, what choices would she have?

If she's alone there is no dialogue, if she's with a group, it's likely with adults. Adults don't put children in charge. Adults don't give guns to children. Adults don't take kids seriously.

I'm giving telltale the benefit of the doubt, but like many others, I'm kind of disappointed that we're playing as Clem.

Hindle

Banned
Gameplay wise, maybe they'll put more focus on puzzles and stealth since we're playing as a more vulnerable character.

No. What? It ended perfectly where it was.

This isn't a continuation of the same story. It can't be, really; We aren't Lee this time. It's a new story with a familiar character as the protagonist.

But we had no closure for Clementine, none what so ever. That's what this game is for. We are not playing Lee anymore.

What? We had closure for clementine. She learned to survive.

You realize that closure doesn't just mean death or a happy ending, right? Clem's arc was done.

marrec

Banned
But we had no closure for Clementine, none what so ever. Thta's what this game is for.

That's what made the story powerful. You molded her and guided her and made her ready to face the Zombie infested world. Whatever story they decide to tell with Clem at the helm is going to ruin and semblance of closure I had at the end of Season 1.

It's retroactively made Season 1 worse in my eyes.

CrazyDude

That's what made the story powerful. You molded her and guided her and made her ready to face the Zombie infested world. Whatever story they decide to tell with Clem at the helm is going to ruin and semblance of closure I had at the end of Season 1.

It's retroactively made Season 1 worse in my eyes.

Not it made the story lazy. They don't show how we mold her and we don't know if she was ready for the zombie world. We have not once scene her doing anything without Lee by her side.

Scrabble

Was hoping for all new characters. I like Clem, but the performance was pretty bad. She always sounded like some wind up doll that goes "ma ma." Really hope tell tale gets some decent actors this time.

No they didn't, we had closure. We were Lee and our story was done. That was it.

Now they're ruining that closure.

Getting into spoilers:
Lee's only meaning in the post-zombie world was finding redemption by providing protection and guidance to a young girl, helping her survive when she otherwise would not have. He died for that goal, but there's not much value in that if we can't see Clem develop and find her place in the world as a result of his actions. What value does Season 1 have if Clem is assumed or shown to be killed off anyway?

FWIW, PS blog confirms Vita/PS3:

The Walking Dead Season Two coming to PS3 and PS Vita

Not familiar with Clementine? She’s a young girl orphaned at the outset of the undead apocalypse, and in Season Two, she’s now left to her own devices to seek safety and survive. Her story starts in the first season of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series. If you want to get caught up on where it all began before playing the sequel, you can start by downloading the first episode of Season One FREE for PlayStation 3 on PSN right now!
The Walking Dead: Season Two – A Telltale Games Series will consist of five episodes that will release for digital download over the course of the season. You’ll be able to purchase episodes individually as they release for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita via PSN, or get the season pass for best value.

That was a pretty poop trailer, although I'm excited for season 2 regardless. I still need to play through 400 days first. And pray I can run season 2 on my laptop in the meantime

Top Bottom