• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Reveal Teaser

theowne

Personally, I don't think its bad for Clem to be in season 2.

But I am inclined to think that actually playing as Clem is going to cheapen the experience. I definitely won't feel as in control of the character's decisions as I did in season 1. Every decision will feel more like "What would Clem do here..." rather than making a decision for myself.

Part of that is just because, we've all played season 1, and our relationship with Clementine is established and we view her in a certain way. It's hard to transition from that into controlling the character and choosing her dialogue options.

Clementine is a better character than every single character of that piece of shit show that calls itself The Walking Dead.
I still watch the show... but this is true. I abhor pretty much every character, with a few exceptions.

Clementine is a great character, and it will be great to see more of her story.

I don't know in what world you live in, but I live in a world where one of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful games in the year 2013, is The Last of Us. A game where indeed you get to play as a girl. It's my GOTY along with Bioshock so far.

My problem is that Clementine is a kid, and I don't like playing as a kid in general

If that's your main problem, how many games have you played as a kid? Maybe you should try some more. Another critically acclaimed game this year was Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Where you play as older and younger brother siblings. They're both kids.

iRaKY3waNsvUV.gif

Papo & Yo, you play as a kid.
ibi2DL9FapXmPL.gif

i4epWNuxPXqPz.gif

ihZKxqHUCyMP5.gif

There are a bunch of great games where you play as a kid.

Personally, I don't think its bad for Clem to be in season 2.

But I am inclined to think that actually playing as Clem is going to cheapen the experience. I definitely won't feel as in control of the character's decisions as I did in season 1. Every decision will feel more like "What would Clem do here..." rather than making a decision for myself.

Part of that is just because, we've all played season 1, and our relationship with Clementine is established and we view her in a certain way. It's hard to transition from that into controlling the character and choosing her dialogue options.

It's not like all of us had made a different Clem in the first season. Much like Lee, she'll now have a backstory that you can draw upon but make your own choices. It'll be interesting if we can have asshole Clem.

I'm torn about this. On one hand I really enjoyed playing a child in Beyond, especially since she was well written and acted. On the other hand I'm not sure I want to play as Clem. I hope they don't put her in a group full of adults just to override your choices all the time "she is just a kid". Also her VA, while cute, could get really annoying after a couple of hours of constant presence.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I can not understate how disappointed I am that they're going with Clementine as the focus of the season. Seems like a crutch.

Rodkin and Vanaman not being there was already enough to have me on the fence, now I expect I'll skip out on the season until it's all done and find out if it's good.

If it is, good.

If not, oh well.

Oooo....?

Well damn. Sorry for Whitta and his fans in here, but I always thought the episodes where he penned the story as the weakest of 1st Season. Too many "cheap emotional tugs", for example. Too bad if it's gonna be him again... but maybe I shouldn't just dismiss it as is without hearing what people say about it first...

Oooo....?

Well damn. Sorry for Whitta and his fans in here, but I always thought the episodes where he penned the story as the weakest of 1st Season. Too many "cheap emotional tugs", for example. Too bad if it's gonna be him again... but maybe I shouldn't just dismiss it as is without hearing what people say about it first...

Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman left to create their own studio a month or two back.

ArjanN

Some of these reactions are pretty sad, given that you have no way of knowing yet how well they'll handle Clem being the playable character now.

I'm glad they didn't go for teenage Clem though. That seems like it could easily veer off into Joss Whedon action-girl territory.

It's not, it's apparently just me that thought she sounded awful and totally unconvincing. So I'll doubt they'll change her. Clem's a great character, but every time she spoke I was always taken out of the experience by just how laughable the performance was.

Uhh.. the impression I got was that the general consensus was that the voice acting in the first game for Clem was excellent. So it probably is just you. :p

Ashsturm

Coming round to the idea of playing as Clem. I imagine most will go into the second season feeling extremely protective of her and immediately suspicious of new characters she comes across. Depending on how they handle a child's lack of weight in group decision making it could really work well as a way of putting players in a different headspace

Quick

Banned
I like the idea of playing as Clem. I think it's the natural transition from Lee. It's her and Lee that we have the most emotional connection with, and having to make our own decisions as Clem isn't going to be easy.

I pre-purchased it off Steam. I missed out on the 10% off pre-purchase deal for The Wolf Among Us, but not this time.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask and if someone has already asked this question.

I was trying to figure out where I should buy the season 2 pass. Either Steam direct or from Telltale's website. If I buy from Telltale's website will the game be downloaded from Steam?? I just want to make sure my game from season 1 (which I purchased from Steam) and 400 days carries over to season 2. Thanks!

REV 09

Not really into playing a young Clem, hopefully there is a passage of time early in the game that makes her older.

Slowdive

Banned
Just a heads up, GMG have a 25% off code for this on top of their 10% off price. Valid until the 15th.

GMG25-C5729-7SY25

jmizzal

Just a heads up, GMG have a 25% off code for this on top of their 10% off price. Valid until the 15th.

GMG25-C5729-7SY25

Thanks for the info I went there today they have a new key up GMG25-C8FGA-VFPGI ends Nov 18th

I was gonna buy the game one episode at a time but didnt see until today you cant do that on PC, so I had to preorder it and now with that code got it for 16 bucks.

Jake

I can not understate how disappointed I am that they're going with Clementine as the focus of the season. Seems like a crutch.

Rodkin and Vanaman not being there was already enough to have me on the fence, now I expect I'll skip out on the season until it's all done and find out if it's good.

If it is, good.

If not, oh well.

For what it's worth, Sean and I were there when the decision was made to play as Clementine. It had been our hope since pretty early in Season One that if there was a sequel, Clem would be the player protagonist, so when the studio and team signed off on it and got excited about it, we were thrilled.

Also I thought the teaser trailer was super good and am stoked to play this thing.

Top Bottom