• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Reveal Teaser

L00P

But people aren't saying "siiiigh more Clementine?"

We just don't want to BE Clem because it severely limits the game's ability to have what made Season 1 great.

I don't think you understand the argument against it if you think its just "we don't want to be a kid." The Walking Dead game was about making choices, most of which wouldn't have been realistically possible if Clem was the person making them.
I just remembered Chuck. The hobo said that she's not gonna make it you treat her like a kid. Lee made her do things that might get her killed, but in the end she got stronger. The assumption that you have limited choices just because she's a kid is total bullshit

Zen

Banned
Because Clem can't plausibly fight off a single zombie in any way, shape or form without a gun. You can make the game about Clem without making us be Clem. See, e.g. Telltale's The Walking Dead, season 1.

Makes it a lot more interesting, sorry.

And yes she could, provided she had a hatchet or something, but she wouldn't be pulling a Lee during the finale episode. Her size and disadvantages allow them to create a lot of interesting encounter scenarios. The whole focus of Season 1 was (heavily skewed towards) turning her from a child into someone who had a small chance of surviving in that world.

Super excited, can't wait - and can't be happier it's about Clem!

While I liked 400 Days, it shows me that I prefer to see this world through her eyes.

400 days was an interesting diversion, but there wasn't much to it.

darkziosj said:
I seriously think clement is not a good character to play as, there will be no choices like lee had, example: killing the bad guys horrible, axe the leg of someone things like that, clement is just a little girl that is nothing without lee...

Damn man, did you play season 1? There are a lot of hard decisions a girl like her can make particularly because people will underestimate her. I somehow doubt that the writing team won't be presenting you with such choices.

_Ryo_

Maybe Clem is only going to be playable for a certain episode? I'm remember Telltale had a section in the first game where you played as Clem but they removed it. (I think)

CLEM!!!! Can't wait to watch this series when it comes out!
She was one of the best things about the first series, i look forward to watching her grow in this one.

Haunted

Yes, I would've preferred an all-new cast, but I can totally understand that they don't want to throw away the connection they built in the first season. I honestly think people connected to Lee and Clem in a way few other games have managed to.

No guarantee at all they'd be able to do it again.

homulilly

Banned
Because Clem can't plausibly fight off a single zombie in any way, shape or form without a gun. You can make the game about Clem without making us be Clem. See, e.g. Telltale's The Walking Dead, season 1.

I thought the parts where you're just hacking through dozens of zombies was the weakest part of the original game. They're supposed to be terrifying and unstoppable but then occasionally they just become harmless targets for you to smash or shoot through. If making Clem the main playable character means less of the latter that can only be a good thing, in my opinion. This is supposed to be a horror series not Left 4 Dead.

Damn, i dont want to start this on the PS4 without some kind of a save transfer from the PS3 version :/

If Tell Tale can't figure out a way to transfer saves, which will probably be likely, I can see a couple of solutions. They could do a Q&A portion before you start the game or in the options to reflect your decisions in Season 1/400 Days. They could also offer a GOTY Edition for PS4/XBOne, perhaps at a discounted price through PSN/Live by accessing your profile.

They did it, they blew it up.

Why did you do it guys? Clem? Really?

I mean... please.

What's wrong with playable Clementine? I think it's great. Most of these post-apocalyptic stories end with the kid ready to fend for themselves as the coming-of-age but here we finally we get to see how they will cope.

legacyzero

Banned
Day one. One of the only games I bought last year at a discount price on Steam, and felt bad for not paying full. DAMN good.

Big Chungus

1O30C27.jpg
Nice...

Disappointed that this is a direct continuation of the first season and not focused on an all new cast instead.

Nope this is so much better. A new cast would have been terrible, as it is with any media when they jump to an entirely new cast. That's why Skins is such a garbage show.

rmanthorp

This thread makes me want to drill my eyes out.

Fastest pre-order I've ever made. Can't wait. Happy to see them have the guts (hehehe) to continue the story from season 1. Clem will be just as interesting as playing Lee (if not more).

dreamfall

Very excited!

It will be awesome to perceive the world in Clem's eyes. I've got faith in Tell Tale to craft an intriguing narrative- and they did a fantastic job with the first season. Hell, I'm not even a huge Walking Dead graphic novel/show person- but I was blown away!

EDIT: Oh, pre-ordered! Will have to replay on the PC to make my decisions count !

rmanthorp

Nope this is so much better. A new cast would have been terrible, as it is with any media when they jump to an entirely new cast. That's why Skins is such a garbage show.

YOUR AVATAR IS PERSONA A FRANCHISE THAT LITERALLY DOES THAT OMG THE IRONY HURTS SO MUCH AHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Laieon

I'm baffled at how people can even remotely consider playing as Clementine as a bad thing, it seemed the only way to naturally move the story forward. Super excited for this.

Playing as Clem is going to be great.
It's not going to be like playing as Lee but if the game was too similar people would complain about it.
It will be different and I wholeheartedly trust TT to make it a distinct but connected and still overall fantastic game.

So assuming this will come to PS4/XB1, will it be possible for it still to be based on the choices you made in Season 1 and 400 Days if you played those on PS3/360?

I don't see any reason I would *want* to play as Clem after playing as Lee. There's nothing about playing as Clem that will make the story better, even if I like Clem being in the game.

That means less QTEs.

Yessss.

Stoze

Yeah I'll admit, playing as Clementine is a little iffy for me. It was having Lee and Clementine together and playing off the father-daughter relationship that made the first season have such emotional impact. Not sure how dramatic it would be with just her all the time. If you only play as her for the first episode or portions of each episode, I think it could work. Another problem is I thought 400 Days was disappointingly mediocre, so I hope that it was a half-minded attempt to throw people something to quell the waiting for season 2.

Also after playing The Wolf Among Us I'm actually looking more forward to the next episode of that than this, it was incredibly good.

Atrophis

Maybe some portion of the game has a Lord of the Flies type scenario where Clem joins up with a group of kids? Just one example where Clem could make meaningful, realistic decisions.

Scrabble

Hope they get a new voice actor for clem, absolutely hated the performance in the first game. Sounded like a wind up doll going "ma ma." Please get some better actors tell tale.

I just remembered Chuck. The hobo said that she's not gonna make it you treat her like a kid. Lee made her do things that might get her killed, but in the end she got stronger. The assumption that you have limited choices just because she's a kid is total bullshit

That's not bullshit. First the main change will be about how other characters interact with you.
Since Lee is an adult, it was more likely people would listen to him, trust him or ask him to take a decision.
Clem won't do that.
Since Lee is an adult, he was more capable of achieving some actions like fighting or punching someone.
Clem won't do that.

Of course they might try something else, but important decisions doesn't rely on children, they rely on adults. And if it happens Clem would do such things, that'd be just ridiculous.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Haven't watched the teaser yet, but I can't wait.

Playing as Clem is going to be awesome.

I think, from a storytelling and game design perspective, playing as a young girl could prove really refreshing in this era of overly masculine manly men who eat thunder and crap lightning. Lee's a great protagonist, but I think it'll be great seeing how Clementine utilizes the things she's learned from him.

I, for one, welcome our new playable Clementine overlords.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Hope they get a new voice actor for clem, absolutely hated the performance in the first game. Sounded like a wind up doll going "ma ma." Please get some better actors tell tale.

Not so sure about getting a different voice actor but I think for sure her voice should change a bit to fit with her current situation - She isn't so sweet and helpless anymore.

Atrophis

That's not bullshit. First the main change will be about how other characters interact with you.
Since Lee is an adult, it was more likely people would listen to him, trust him or ask him to take a decision.
Clem won't do that.
Since Lee is an adult, he was more capable of achieving some actions like fighting or punching someone.
Clem won't do that.

Of course they might try something else, but important decisions doesn't rely on children, they rely on adults. And if it happens Clem would do such things, that'd be just ridiculous.

It's bullshit. Just because you can't think up how Clem could make decisions and fight zombies doesn't mean Tell Tale can't. Good job you don't work for them I guess.

It's bullshit. Just because you can't think up how Clem could make decisions and fight zombies doesn't mean Tell Tale can't. Good job you don't work for them I guess.

That just means they'll find other ways. I can think for a lot of ways for Clem to make decisions or fight zombies. But none of them... none of them would be close to how the first game was. Did I said it's a bad thing ? No, I've never said such a thing. But I think some people might have prefered to follow a new group of survivors and such.

kodecraft

I thought the parts where you're just hacking through dozens of zombies was the weakest part of the original game. They're supposed to be terrifying and unstoppable but then occasionally they just become harmless targets for you to smash or shoot through. If making Clem the main playable character means less of the latter that can only be a good thing, in my opinion. This is supposed to be a horror series not Left 4 Dead.

Zombies aren't unstoppable, where did you get this? Terrifying yes and infectious, that's about it.

Top Bottom