• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rösti;38039434 said:
That sounds rather stressful, especially considering how crowded the press area is at times. Hope everything works out fine. I would have enjoyed attending this year, but my employer ceased business this month and now I have no credentials to get in. Perhaps my upcoming E3 thread can be of use to some attendees and press though.

We're only volunteer run, so for at least it is a case of "we get done what we can get done". To speed up the process he sends through bullet points of hands-on previews and we work them into full pieces. And he'll only cover what he can cover.

Pubs have been totally cool about it too, and very helpful in getting him organised to see as much as possible. We weren't sure if we'd get credentials to go in as we're running a new website now, having jumped ship from the last.

The only thing we've missed out on is Microsoft's presser, which is a big deal, but their fault for not letting us in.

We're only volunteer run, so for at least it is a case of "we get done what we can get done". To speed up the process he sends through bullet points of hands-on previews and we work them into full pieces. And he'll only cover what he can cover.

Pubs have been totally cool about it too, and very helpful in getting him organised to see as much as possible. We weren't sure if we'd get credentials to go in as we're running a new website now, having jumped ship from the last.

The only thing we've missed out on is Microsoft's presser, which is a big deal, but their fault for not letting us in.

Personally, I'd consider that a blessing.
>_>

Redford

aka Cabbie
So do you think the widening of the pad had something to do with the analogs having a larger footprint beneath the case than the sliders?

OK >_>

I swear this thread moves faster than Nintendo Ninj.......*dead*

Well, all that info was actually posted days ago, that forum just recently got it.
A few of the points automatically make it fake.
Like the fact that the Wii U is using a 6770 and DirectX 11.

So do you think the widening of the pad had something to do with the analogs having a larger footprint beneath the case than the sliders?

More for ergonomics than anything, I'm sure.

alright, rumors about white and green, is it for game or system itself? Is the rumor for Wii U or 3DS?

Edited: To be honest, I suspect Luigi Mansion 3DS, Luigi Mansion 3DS Bundle, Luigi Mansion Wii U, Luigi Mansion Wii U Bundle or anything with Yoshi?

Based on his other post GTA V is the only logical thing he's talking about.

!! =_=

don't play with my feelings

OShv6.jpg

EVIL

Well, all that info was actually posted days ago, that forum just recently got it.
A few of the points automatically make it fake.
Like the fact that the Wii U is using a 6770 and DirectX 11.

More for ergonomics than anything, I'm sure.

why would this be fake? its quite logical for it to have a DX11 capable card.

I see over the course of our speculation journey you have gone mad :lol

I don't see how so.
We've been hearing about GTA5 from various sources since day one of Project Cafe.
And it's a game that we know Nintendo wants.
In this case, 1+1 does in fact equal 2. There's a very good chance it'll happen.

why would this be fake? its quite logical for it to have a DX11 capable card.

DirectX is 100% owned by Microsoft, so no, it's actually impossible.
:p

Nibel

I don't see how so.
We've been hearing about GTA5 from various sources since day one of Project Cafe.
In this case, 1+1 does in fact equal 2. There's a very good chance it'll happen.

I really doubt Rockstar wants to see its biggest franchise on a screen which makes your eyes bleed

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
For the dev kit color, i've not heard that they were white & green at all

The first three are definitively not of this colors. The V4 is surely like the V3. And the mass production, the one that may be involved in this TT employee screen, shouldn't be green & white.

So i don't think the person talking about those colors combinations referred to these. And only talking about the device plugged into the DRC to link it to dev kits would be weird.

ThankeeSai

Guys, posting in a thread during E3 is madness! What you do is open up IRC and chat it up with E3 stream window at one side of your monitor and IRC on the other.

I'm hoping there will still be some posters during the Nintendo conference! It starts 5.00pm UK time and I'm money grabbing in work as its a bank holiday...Need someone to keep me up to speed with whats going on.

I'll probably be able to watch a stream in between doing various crap, but it won't be the same :(

Fantastical

Death Prophet
For the dev kit color, i've not heard that they were white & green at all

The first three are definitively not of this colors. The V4 is surely like the V3. And the mass production, the one that may be involved in this TT employee screen, shouldn't be green & white.

So i don't think the person talking about those colors combinations referred to these. And only talking about the device plugged into the DRC to link it to dev kits would be weird.

I thought you were supposed to be a member today.

Fredrik

I saw someone mentioning that it was now confirmed that you could use 2 pads. Was that based on the fake rumor or have I missed a new leak?

I saw someone mentioning that it was now confirmed that you could use 2 pads. Was that based on the fake rumor or have I missed a new leak?

It's based on an internal document sent from NoE and other Nintendo offices to third parties saying that they have been able to have two Wii U controllers used at once on a single console.
As far as I know, however, no one (outside of Nintendo) has seen this in action.

Fredrik

It's based on an internal document sent from NoE and other Nintendo offices to third parties saying that they have been able to have two Wii U controllers used at once on a single console.
As far as I know, however, no one (outside of Nintendo) has seen this in action.
Hmm very interesting!

Oh look at that, they have moved the stylus too, from left to right. Nice!

They also added a button (Between the Power Button and Light) which we don't know what it does.
It can't be the sync, since that's still on the back (you can see it under the battery case).
Also, there's an LED ring around the Home Button now, which likely acts like the 3DS Notification Light.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Money doesn't grow on trees. Altogether, I'd need about $1000 get a decent PC. :(

I got a decent PC for 700, you can probably do cheaper these days. Seriously, PC's aren't that expensive if you factor in the fact that you don't have to change out hardware that often, and when you do it's usually cheaper than a new console.

I could pretty much bring my PC up to speed for little more than the cost of a 3DS :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anyone who doesn't watch E3 away from forums is doing it wrong. Wait until after the show to shit out opinions.

If possible, get friends to join you in person, with booze.

Well I'm coming back from a holiday during the first day on E3 so Sony's is probably the first one I can watch live.

I tend to watch it while posting on an IRC room instead.

the green and white thing is seriously annoying but if it turns out to be GTA V then I'm cool with that

the StarFox + Metroid thing can go and die

I wish Nintendo would just come out and confirm that it's the controller and then release press images. They might as well.

with 2 weeks left we are going to get leaks no matter how we feel about it
I wish things would not be spoiled after waiting all this time but seriously? USA TODAY - NEWSWEEK - CBS NEWS - CNN - NEW YORK TIMES <---- one of these guys will spoil everything a few days ahead

the green and white thing is seriously annoying but if it turns out to be GTA V then I'm cool with that

the StarFox + Metroid thing can go and die

with 2 weeks left we are going to get leaks no matter how we feel about it
I wish things would not be spoiled after waiting all this time but seriously? USA TODAY - NEWSWEEK - CBS NEWS - CNN - NEW YORK TIMES <---- one of these guys will spoil everything a few days ahead

It's always USA Today, isn't it?
And probably some game journalist will hint at something, since they already know some of the reveals (most of them are flown out early and shown parts of the E3 conferences).

salpa

Banned
I don't see how so.

DirectX is 100% owned by Microsoft, so no, it's actually impossible.
:p

Nintendo likes to use a variation of OpenGL in their SDKs.

However, a card being DirectX compatible does not mean anything. Saying the Wii U card can support DX11 like features, such as tessellation and everything that came with DX10, however, is fine, and honestly expected, considering even the 3DS can support DX10.1 like features, and it would make sense for the Wii U to be superior in that front.

Nintendo likes to use a variation of OpenGL in their SDKs.

However, a card being DirectX compatible does not mean anything. Saying the Wii U card can support DX11 like features, such as tessellation and everything that came with DX10, however, is fine, and honestly expected, considering even the 3DS can support DX10.1 like features, and it would make sense for the Wii U to be superior in that front.

Right, but if this guy was really a dev, he'd say as such. Not that it was using an off the self GPU and Direct X 11.
This is why the rumor can't be taken serious.

BurntPork

Banned
I got a decent PC for 700, you can probably do cheaper these days. Seriously, PC's aren't that expensive if you factor in the fact that you don't have to change out hardware that often, and when you do it's usually cheaper than a new console.

I could pretty much bring my PC up to speed for little more than the cost of a 3DS :p

You probably already had a monitor or a copy of Windows.

Fredrik

They also added a button (Between the Power Button and Light) which we don't know what it does.
It can't be the sync, since that's still on the back (you can see it under the battery case).
Also, there's an LED ring around the Home Button now, which likely acts like the 3DS Notification Light.
Hype rising yet again! E3 can't come soon enough! Gah!

But why were these patent images regarded as fakes earlier?

Threads move too quickly during E3 pressers, and all the comments are dribble, so I usually wait until after the show before discussing stuff. That and I'm too busy posting news on our website.

We've only got one staffer attending E3 this year. Wish I could have made it.

Same. I'd rather focus on the conferences and during a "dead spot" in the conference I'll skim through what's posted. Which is normally 200 posts saying what just happened. :p

I see over the course of our speculation journey you have gone mad :lol

Quite sane actually. :) Jumpman made another post in this thread that apparently didn't get any attention (response-wise) until his green/white post.

Not sure if it will happen or not but I recall hearing a rumor on many gaming sites last year about GTA V coming to WiiU. After the unveiling of Liberty City Stories many people assumed that was the rumored game. Coincidentally, another GTA rumor is heating up about an October 2012 release. GTA V coming to WiiU for the launch...?

Hype rising yet again! E3 can't come soon enough! Gah!

But why were these patent images regarded as fakes earlier?

No, they weren't thought to be fakes. We thought they were older patents, because it was misread on the site we found them on.
Newer patents are put at the top of the list, while older ones at the bottom.
So, we technically knew about the redesign months ago, we just dismissed it as old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom