• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 next patch first details - 1.05 (PC), 1.04 (console)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
-Camera getting stuck zoomed into Geralt after swimming/fighting flying creatures

I've also had this happen after looting particular containers in a bandit camp. Had to reload an earlier save and just avoid those containers.

roytheone

I must say, while the witcher 3 is a fantastic game with a lot of small problems, CD project Red are really aggressively patching the game. Great to see!

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Unfortunately I have decided to put the game down until the XP issue is fixed, because theres no point in me completing quests if I'm essentially going to be stuck at my current level.

With that said, this patch should be out by the end of the week on PS4, correct?

laxu

I just wish they did something about the swimming controls. It's so damn awful. Also hope that the UI fixes are related to navigating things like shops where there's unnecessary dialogs to select crafting or shop (which can be just selected from the current open menu) and not being able to exit shop conversations with just punching circle several times.

Considering they've been working on the game for years I find it odd that there are so many obviously clunky design choices in an otherwise excellent game.

I guess I will keep putting playing the game off until it is all patched up. Glad they are this responsive with patches.

Improved camera smoothness and PS4 framerate issues being looked at. Thank God. Hopefully the patch for improved framerate isn't too far away.

bender

What time is it?
I've also had this happen after looting particular containers in a bandit camp. Had to reload an earlier save and just avoid those containers.

I could be wrong on what causes it but I never had it happen before reaching the 3rd area of the game. Reloading is the only way I've found to fix it as well. It wouldn't be a huge deal if the load times weren't so dreadful.

GavinUK86

No fixes for:

-Roach's common tendency to stop/slow down randomly making him a chore to use
-Unforgiving fall damage

These are two things that really bug me. Geralt is weaker than Brody in FC3 when it comes to fall damage and Roach randomly stops whenever she feels like it.

Vashetti

Banned
Waiting on the "No longer have to run around corpses and lootable objects to find the perfect loot area" patch note

Egg0

Banned
Didn't see it in the notes, but have they talked about the audio issues on Xbone where it would start skipping and fade?

bender

What time is it?
I'd also love a way to cancel combat. Enemies that chase you force Geralt to stop running and turn around, prevent you from jumping and looting. I understand preventing looting for the protected chests but the other other two are just annoying. I'll stop bitching now. :)

Vidpixel

Hopefully, "General stability and performance improvements" include the insane amount of pop-in I've been noticing since 1.03 dropped. Also, the absurd fall damage you receive probably should be addressed at some point as well. Seriously, it's like Geralt's leg bones are made of gelatinous goo or something.

Yeah, it's totally throwing me off, but actually, I'm also equally bothered by pop-in of NPCs, and some texture loading that happens. Never noticed this when I first played, but it seems more apparent now. This equally needs to be addressed.

Got the same feeling. The more I progress, the more 'bugs' I seem to notice. Guess it'll take a very long time to fix all problems. Me myself would be quite happy with a steady framerate, less pop-in and better controls....After spending quite some time with the game ( PS4 ) I still don't feel I have proper control of Geralt when in a fight or even just walking around. Controls are way too sensitive.

Nevertheless, love the game. The atmosphere is just fantastic.

I wonder at what point should I really get into this.... I really like this game, just small things get to me and this patch seems to fix a really big one.. They really are supporting this game post launch really well.

camac002

Roach randomly stops whenever she feels like it.

-Roach's common tendency to stop/slow down randomly making him a chore to use
:(

In what way are you steering while the horse is galloping? I found that if I was only pressing the left stick to the left and right and not up as well, he would stop a lot more often, as if the game was detecting a micro-movement *down* with the stick, and he would stop. When I continuously hold up on the left stick while steering, he almost never stops except when you expect running into stuff. Might be worth a try if you aren't doing that already.

misho8723

Banned
I just wish they did something about the swimming controls. It's so damn awful. Also hope that the UI fixes are related to navigating things like shops where there's unnecessary dialogs to select crafting or shop (which can be just selected from the current open menu) and not being able to exit shop conversations with just punching circle several times.

Considering they've been working on the game for years I find it odd that there are so many obviously clunky design choices in an otherwise excellent game.

Wait, what so bad about the swimming controls? I play with M+K on PC and I have no complains whatsoever about them - find them pretty much perfect so I don't understand these complains about them

There comes a time where you have to release the game, so as long as there's no major (IE universal) problem, you release the game and fix any bugs that pop up post release.

I understand bugs and glitches pop-up but CD is usually honest and they delayed because they wanted to make it the best they good get, some of those bugs and glitches though seem like they would be obvious but I'm just a simple man.

Acinixys

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.

Every other change pales in comparison to how much this will affect me

Having to walk around objects to get the perfect angle to interact with them was the worst

I want a fix to easily open doors, because too often you need to turn the visual until A button appears.

What? You have to open doors on console? In the PC version you walk into them and Geralt pushes them open himself

Sid

I hope they improve the sound balance of the game as well,some things sound louder than they should.

Danielsan

Looking forward to the XP bug fix after having run into it today. Also I can only dream that they'll make riding Roach a more pleasant experience. Bloody horse seems to stop and through a fit whenever.

Panda Rin

Didn't they delay the game specifically to get it "right"?

The game was released in a great state. It's not perfect by any means, and I don't think anyone is expecting it to be flawless out of the gate. User experience can vary significantly from each other, and a lot can go wrong when the game branches off the way this game does.

Kaversmed

Ehh, I really don't want bigger GUI on PS4 - I think it's distracting enough as it is now (and no, I won't turn it off - I kinda need the info)

Nice. Loving the game a lot but sometimes I wish I would've waited just a few weeks before playing it. Ah well, it was fun to be there at launch with GAF.

And stop complaining about fall damage lol, man up.

WEGGLES

Honest question. What does it even mean for a game to go gold at this point.... Cause they made a post about going gold...

Awntawn

The game was released in a great state. It's not perfect by any means, and I don't think anyone is expecting it to be flawless out of the gate. User experience can vary significantly from each other, and a lot can go wrong when the game branches off the way this game does.

Remember back in the day when people used to? ;/

Remember when they delayed this game to make it the best it could be and to not have a repeat of the last two with enhanced editions? Yeah, this time it's just patchwork instead... :p

Hopefully it'll be a polished experience by the time I pick it up. But I'd like to see that pop-in and those framedrops sorted on PS4 first.

viveks86

Honest question. What does it even mean for a game to go gold at this point.... Cause they made a post about going gold...

It means exactly what it always meant. That the master disc has been created for retail mass production. The fact that it needs to be bug free was an inference made before the advent of the internet. That's not to suggest that games these days need not be bug free or stable, just saying "going gold" still means the same thing

Top Bottom