• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 next patch first details - 1.05 (PC), 1.04 (console)

mileS

Ps4 -Really really hope the massive texture pop in is fixed. It was perfectly fine for a game of this size... then whatever they did in patch 1.03 made it realllly bad. Considering the framerate improvement from 1.03 was hardly noticable I don't think its even close to a worthwhile trade off.

Awntawn

Massive, open world RPGs are never released in a flawless state. Not in the last 20 years, anyway. TW3 was in great shape at release, comparatively.

Comparatively, I actually would argue it's way below par. The crashing alone is as bad as any other buggy release I've seen in the last 20 years. Obviously YMMV when it comes to stability issues, especially on different platforms, but the crashes are well documented on pretty much every page of the PC performance thread.

nib95

Banned
I prefer the UI as it originally was. I play on 50" and 65" TV's, so don't need larger type. Can't they just let us customise it to our own preference?

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.

wa5COep.gif

Finally. Now fix Sign intensity and runes.

Undead

Don't understand the problems people are having with the text, plenty of other games had it too big whereas I find this one to be just a nice size.

Partly thinking it's less of a text size issue and more of a screen size/distance to screen issue

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Where do you even check playtime? I haven't found it at all. Is that the bug? That it's just absent?

You press R2 on the Character screen. The bug is that it tracks playtime inaccurately in certain situations. For one, it counts suspended time on PS4 as playtime, so if you've ever suspended your PS4 with the game running, and then just started playing again afer resuming, your recorded playtime will already be completely off. This is more of a dumb oversight than a bug. A real bug, though, is that if you're playing through midnight the game will add 8 hours to your playtime (at least that's the case here where midnight is 00:00, not sure if the same is true if your midnight is 12 AM). I've seen this happen several times, and "fixed" it by reloading a save made right before midnight. The final issue I with this I know of is that being in the pause menu often makes weird things happen to the playtime counter, making it run faster than it should. I noticed these issues early on, so I've been able to keep my playtime accurate by avoiding or working around them, but if you've just been playing the game "normally" it's very likely that your recorded time is now days off.

mindgeek

Neo Member
Is anyone having an issue where quests are showing at all? Like literally no quests are showing on my map and I'm barely level 5.

Travo

Lost all of my playtime today. Hopefully, fps won't be affected soon. I'd love to have a text enlargement option.

Is anyone having an issue where quests are showing at all? Like literally no quests are showing on my map and I'm barely level 5.

Those are obvious questions but I need to ask:

1- Are you in Velen yet? If not, White Orchard have a small amount of quests.

2- Did you check the notice boards?

big_z

The XP fix is coming as well. As mentioned, it's just a part of the changes. I will add it though to the original post though. We are looking into the frame rate issues on PS4 as well.

Does this mean less shit frame rate this patch or the next one?

SRTtoZ

This game really needed more time in the oven. The more time I spend with it the more frustrated I get with the amount of bugs, framerate issues, and janky controls.

Has anyone run into a glitch where after clearing out an abandoned site it doesn't trigger the liberating cut-scene? This has happened to me in the White Orchard starting area. Is there a fix or a way I can trigger it? Thanks
It's bug for me, I think I know which site you are talking about.

Acinixys

This game really needed more time in the oven. The more time I spend with it the more frustrated I get with the amount of bugs, framerate issues, and janky controls.

Platform?

PC has been smooth sailing for me. Had 3 or 4 crashes on day but nothing game breaking since

Also, they delayed it by more than 6 months past its original release date. Imagine how bad it could have been

Hazanko

Banned
Ps4 -Really really hope the massive texture pop in is fixed. It was perfectly fine for a game of this size... then whatever they did in patch 1.03 made it realllly bad. Considering the framerate improvement from 1.03 was hardly noticable I don't think its even close to a worthwhile trade off.

I hope that was a bug and not a way to improve frame rate because like you said it's a bad trade off for little gain.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Mine actually decreased time! Haha. I just noticed while I was playing earlier. I'm pretty sure it just set back to my actual playtime after it had glitch-added about 6 hours.

Mine is about 6+ hours or so more than it should be as well. Has me down for 48 hours but I feel more like I have played 30-35, i'm only lvl 15 so theres no way I can be 48 hours in

Are you playing at 60?

Also, this game has animation priority and momentum... it wont get too much better.

Yep, and I hate the way Geralt controls. I had the same issue in The Witcher 2. The combat itself isn't great, either; it's not satisfying at all, and a lot of the time, it feels like I'm attacking a sheet of paper regardless of the weapon I'm using. I love the games, but the way Geralt controls and the combat are definitely not the reasons for it. I can tolerate the way he handles and play through the merely serviceable combat because the game's strong points are worth it.

Yasae

Banned
Are you playing at 60?

Also, this game has animation priority and momentum... it wont get too much better.
It allows enemies to endlessly combo you to death. The solution is to not get in that situation of course, but... After 40 or 50 hours of play, I feel certain enemies (drowners and archers for sure) are much cheaper than others. What I've ended up doing is cheesing them back with the alternate forms of Axii and Yrden - very effective, but laughably cheap.

Momentary

Banned
I wish I could just erase the entire HUD with one check in a box. Or at least put in a photomode on PC. Also, I hope the minimum HUD size doesn't get too big, that shit is just gross.

Can people not read it because of shitty resolutions or what?

Kama_1082

Banned
I wonder how big the text is gonna be? I can't even play this on my 55" since I sit pretty far away, it's hard to read anything and I have 20/20 vision.

Jinjo

What was wrong with the Pyres of Novigrad quest? Didn't notice anything off when I played through it today.

Kama_1082

Banned
Platform?

PC has been smooth sailing for me. Had 3 or 4 crashes on day but nothing game breaking since

Also, they delayed it by more than 6 months past its original release date. Imagine how bad it could have been

40 hours in and I still haven't had a crash yet on PC. Although, my tower sounds like it's gonna take off for an overseas flight.

Yep, and I hate the way Geralt controls. I had the same issue in The Witcher 2. The combat itself isn't great, either; it's not satisfying at all, and a lot of the time, it feels like I'm attacking a sheet of paper regardless of the weapon I'm using. I love the games, but the way Geralt controls and the combat are definitely not the reasons for it. I can tolerate the way he handles and play through the merely serviceable combat because the game's strong points are worth it.
I find the combat to be fantastic this time around. :/

I mapped dodge control to my mouse and I am basically dodging every .24 seconds in a fight and using it as my primary fighting movement as well (even moving forward).
It allows enemies to endlessly combo you to death. The solution is to not get in that situation of course, but... After 40 or 50 hours of play, I feel certain enemies (drowners and archers for sure) are much cheaper than others. What I've ended up doing is cheesing them back with the alternate forms of Axii and Yrden - very effective, but laughably cheap.

Drowners are the hardest ground enemy in the game because they are relentless (they gang up, and they double lunge), but they can only jump forward. I recommend dodging to the left and right instead of backwards. BUt all enemies on death march are really hard in packs.

Gurish

Can someone please explain me the XP bug on PS4? if I'm doing a quest that is bolded with grey (which means my level is too high for it) I won't get the XP? it happens to everybody or only some? thanks, i want to know if i can play :)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Can someone please explain me the XP bug on PS4? if I'm doing a quest that is bolded with grey (which means my level is too high for it) I won't get the XP? it happens to everybody or only some? thanks, i want to know if i can play :)

Some quests won't give you XP due to you being a high enough level. I think that's when they're grayed out. XP bug seems to lock XP away from quests randomly, even if you should earn them

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant figure out if I have the xp bug or not. sometimes I get no xp from quests, then the next one I do. then I dont again, then a quest gies me xp during it in various steps (like the Cabaret quest gave me 50xp like 3 times during it) but then not at the end

Dunno if its because im almost 18 and these quests are between 12 and 14 (but not gray), dunno if its the bug, dunno if the quests themselves dont have xp coded into them, fuck if I know

Gurish

Some quests won't give you XP due to you being a high enough level. I think that's when they're grayed out. XP bug seems to lock XP away from quests randomly, even if you should earn them
And it happens to everyone? maybe I'm lucky and it will work fine no?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Do you have to open doors on the console version? I wonder why they have you do that. Geralt just walks right on in with the PC version.

Maybe to give a buffer for asset loading?, press button, game immediately starts to load assets while Geralt does a door opening animation.

And it happens to everyone? maybe I'm lucky and it will work fine mo?

AFAIK it's completely random, some quests will give you XP as they should and some will skip them. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it at all.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I hope they also fix the infinite loading screen during the Lord of Undvik quest. They're fixing two other bugs with the quest but no mention of the loading bug. I skipped over it and completed well over a dozen quests now in hopes of it fixing itself, but still no such luck.

Top Bottom