• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 next patch first details - 1.05 (PC), 1.04 (console)

Gurish

Maybe to give a buffer for asset loading?, press button, game immediately starts to load assets while Geralt does a door opening animation.

AFAIK it's completely random, some quests will give you XP as they should and some will skip them. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it at all.
OK, i think I will try than, don't have too many of those anyway, thanks man.

"We are looking into the frame rate issues on PS4 as well."

Does this mean the framerate issues will be squeezed in, or will we have to wait for the patch after the upcoming one?

Doesn't really say that it's in :(

I hope this means the people denying it or insisting that it's no big deal can just shut their mouths and enjoy the game now. Seriously, we don't care if it's not a problem for you, it's a problem for the rest of us and we're overjoyed that they are working so hard to fix it.

Dezzy

I wonder what they mean by "camera smoothness".

I hope it means they're fixing the way the camera follows Geralt in a weird way. If you look at the world around him when you walk, you can see that the camera speeds up and slows down rapidly, almost like a head bob effect. It's terrible.

Broank

Have they said anything about the load in being worse after the latest patch? Novigrad specifically? Seems details load in a lot slower now compared to before, npc's clothes, objects, even had entire buildings take 20-30 seconds to load in.

That is by far my main problem on xbone atm.

mindgeek

Neo Member
Those are obvious questions but I need to ask:

1- Are you in Velen yet? If not, White Orchard have a small amount of quests.

2- Did you check the notice boards?

1. Yeah. I've a actually just completed the Wandering in the Dark quest that's in Velen and that is where I'm currently stuck. When I open the menu and go to quests, they show up there but when I go back into the game, the quests don't appear on my mini map.

2. No. I haven't. Is that something I should be doing?

Loudninja

I wonder what they mean by "camera smoothness".

I hope it means they're fixing the way the camera follows Geralt in a weird way. If you look at the world around him when you walk, you can see that the camera speeds up and slows down rapidly, almost like a head bob effect. It's terrible.
They are talking about the camera stutter.

MilesTeg

Banned
Novigrad runs fine on the PS4, honestly don't really notice anything out of the norm. Aside from not being able to run on your horse. Really it kinda sucks being there since the place is huge and you can't ride fast on your horse. Pretty sure it's faster to go on foot in Novigrad.

Anyway, the candles thing can be pretty annoying so glad it's getting changed.

For PS4, the world map drops frames pretty often. It's very noticeable so I hope that's part of the fix as well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Novigrad runs fine on the PS4, honestly don't really notice anything out of the norm. Aside from not being able to run on your horse. Really it kinda sucks being there since the place is huge and you can't ride fast on your horse. Pretty sure it's faster to go on foot in Novigrad.

Anyway, the candles thing can be pretty annoying so glad it's getting changed.

For PS4, the world map drops frames pretty often. It's very noticeable so I hope that's part of the fix as well.
I think that's the cursor getting stuck on an icon. It can be pretty annoying at times.

MilesTeg

Banned
1. Yeah. I've a actually just completed the Wandering in the Dark quest that's in Velen and that is where I'm currently stuck. When I open the menu and go to quests, they show up there but when I go back into the game, the quests don't appear on my mini map.

2. No. I haven't. Is that something I should be doing?

Yes, I think you need to check a notice board around that time which have main quest.

The searching for Ciri thing will not show any quest locations because there aren't any, other quests must be completed to advance this.

Sanctuary

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.

Best thing about the patch for me at least. No idea how the hell that flew under the radar for launch. Still no word on new tabs for the clusterfuck of an inventory?

I hope this means the people denying it or insisting that it's no big deal can just shut their mouths and enjoy the game now. Seriously, we don't care if it's not a problem for you, it's a problem for the rest of us and we're overjoyed that they are working so hard to fix it.

Lol, this.

MilesTeg

Banned
I think that's the cursor getting stuck on an icon. It can be pretty annoying at times.

I don't think so. I'm on the map right now, even if you go to a remote area on the map where there are no icons and move around in a circle lets say, there are still obvious frame drops. When in area with many icons, it just makes it that much worse, because the cursor does gravitate towards icons as you said.

What the hell is up with people complaining about receiving this much free support and patching of a game? Are you for real? There is no way a game of this scope is going to ever ship without the need for patches. Like, would you have preferred the game to stay broken just to uphold some illusion of being released perfect? People genuinely confuse me sometimes.

misho8723

Banned
What the hell is up with people complaining about receiving this much free support and patching of a game? Are you for real? There is no way a game of this scope is going to ever ship without the need for patches. Like, would you have preferred the game to stay broken just to uphold some illusion of being released perfect? People genuinely confuse me sometimes.

Internet

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Some of those patch notes are spoilery.

Also I would much rather they address the general shittiness of the inventory system (that has nothing to do with the font size).

Ooccoo

If the Meditate bug from Swords and Dumplings quest is not fixed I'll sell my game. Can't really play without the feature and have no interest in starting over. Sadly, it's not on the list even though I emailed support and wrote about it.

MilesTeg

Banned
Some of those patch notes are spoilery.

Also I would much rather they address the general shittiness of the inventory system (that has nothing to do with the font size).

Yes, having to scroll all the way through your entire inventory to get to your equip stuff is no good. Slight adjustment that would make sense is when you first bring up inventory, allow us to press left on the d-pad to go to character equiped stuff. Currently pressing left does nothing so you must scroll all the way through everything you got to get to your equiped items.

For as much content and polish in this game. it's a HUGE achievement to have very few game-breaking bugs outside of the FPS issues on the consoles... I'm very impressed with CDPR!

pargonta

Yes, having to scroll all the way through your entire inventory to get to your equip stuff is no good. Slight adjustment that would make sense is when you first bring up inventory, allow us to press left on the d-pad to go to character equiped stuff. Currently pressing left does nothing so you must scroll all the way through everything you got to get to your equiped items.

the right stick is used to move between sections of the inventory, and other menu screens. try moving r3 in various menus!

glaurung

I bow down before the greatness of CDPR.

And The Witcher 3 is a game, the scope and immersion of which makes me want to be a better person.

Reached Ard Skellige isles. Blown away all over again.

Why not just let us customize the UI size? I had the same problem playing witcher 2 on my TV where all the text was wayyyyy too small and I had to get a mod for it. Witcher 3 isn't as bad but it's still way too small.

Don't they realize lots of people on PC are playing on TVs? Seems crazy not to give us the option of making the text size the same as consoles.

I'm playing the PC version in 1080p and I keep hearing people having problems with UI but I'm not one of them.

Is this a 1440p issue?

How far are people sitting from the TV.

xion4360

actually you can do that by hitting the right stick to the right, since equipped items on the right side (on console)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If the Meditate bug from Swords and Dumplings quest is not fixed I'll sell my game. Can't really play without the feature and have no interest in starting over. Sadly, it's not on the list even though I emailed support and wrote about it.

What bug is this?

Wish they would put the UI size in as a toggle on the PC version. I'm outputting my PC to a TV so the increased console UI would be nice. Still I've got used to the size as is so even a slight improvement should be nice.

I hope they fix the buggy person in distress POI's, I don't think I've had a single one work properly yet. I rescued a barber and a trader who both said they'd go to Claywich, neither has ever shown up there. I rescued a smith who said nothing, didn't move or anything, then just disappeared once the camera was off him.

And I have a merchant who shows as still being in his cage but when I talk to him and ask to see his wares it just goes back to the dialogue options. While doing this I noticed a second merchant walking down the road behind us, so I quit out of the first merchants dialogue, he immediately disappears, I go talk to the second merchant, same thing with the endless dialogue loop. Best I can tell he was some bugged out duplicate of the first merchant.

Ooccoo

What bug is this?

The quest is for lvl 24 or something like that. At some point it tells you to escape. Which I did, since the mobs were way too hard. Since then, I can no longer Medidate, which makes the game almost impossible to play since you need the potions. It also becomes a real nuisance to wait for quests starting at night etc. Basically the game still thinks you are trying to escape monsters and won't let you Medidate at all. Just because you did what the game asked you (escape).

TheFatMan

I really hate the week+ wait for a patch to go through on consoles....

Between work and all the games I want to play in a year, I just don't have time to wait weeks to play a game I paid for. These bugs are ruining what should be a game I enjoy =/

I hope the UI size isn't made too big... even at launch it never bothered me. A custom or at least multi-size UI scale would be preferable for all, I think.

Did they increase the size of the loot box post-launch? I'd swear it got bigger with 1.04. (PC)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The quest is for lvl 24 or something like that. At some point it tells you to escape. Which I did, since the mobs were way too hard. Since then, I can no longer Medidate, which makes the game almost impossible to play since you need the potions. It also becomes a real nuisance to wait for quests starting at night etc. Basically the game still thinks you are trying to escape monsters and won't let you Medidate at all. Just because you did what the game asked you (escape).

Ouch. Glad I waited on doing that quest lol

I hope the UI size isn't made too big... even at launch it never bothered me. A custom or at least multi-size UI scale would be preferable for all, I think.

Did they increase the size of the loot box post-launch? I'd swear it got bigger with 1.04. (PC)

Yeah, the loot box got bigger.

robotrock

Banned

Between work and all the games I want to play in a year, I just don't have time to wait weeks to play a game I paid for. These bugs are ruining what should be a game I enjoy =/

Wait for it to be fixed, and then buy the game.

Get a PC.

Hyphen

I agree. However, a bug that prevents you from gaining experience in an RPG is pretty significant.

mindgeek

Neo Member
Yes, I think you need to check a notice board around that time which have main quest.

The searching for Ciri thing will not show any quest locations because there aren't any, other quests must be completed to advance this.

Ah okay. Well I checked the boards like you said and I think I should be good now since the quests are showing now. I didn't realize I needed to check the notice boards to keep progressing. Thanks for the help!

Bishop89

Game is totally playable as is. Besides the candle near chest thing I havnt run into anything which is hampering my enjoyment

Even drunks swim better then Geralt.

*trying to descend 1 foot to loot a chest*

Hippo.gif

Top Bottom