• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

I assumed it was just
Fyke Isle
, is this not the case then?

So far found three places, like aku:jiki. I think it added character to those spots, wasn't expecting it everywhere.

Actually not even sure the
ruins
one indicated via a map maker, just heard some muffled voices and various loot-looking sparkly areas.

But guys, Triss has that voice.

I sadly find English!Triss' voice quite grating, but Polish!Triss could read an entire dump truck's worth of defunct phone books and I would sit and listen in awe.

Alas, Yen is my werewolf-punning gal. Her eyeliner is so perfect it could kill a man.

Hystzen

I went Triss first play though because it felt right for game universe he been with Triss so long then Yen coming back didn't change my Geralts mind.

But man did my heart break when I saw Yens face when said I was staying with Triss. She might be a sassy bitch but she truly cares about some things in the world.

This play through is all about Yen and being nice to Charles Dance.

You can also see
the fate of a young witcher who trained and died in a ruin near Kaer Morhen, and there's the ghost of someone trying to dig up one of the pieces of witcher gear south of Fyke Isle.

Which one? I don't think I saw that.

Maybe I'm getting confused, but I think there's one involving a small side quest in western Vellen too
involving a grave. It's a quest you get from someone who turns out to be not exactly the person you thought they were.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What????

You not playing game because you can't get a counter working and see how long you spent in game

What??

Man stuff I see on GAF

It's not just that, no, but I would like for them to fix the game, yes. Even small features like this. If they're gonna leave it completely broken I'd rather they'd just remove it so I don't have to see it. The best thing about it all is that they completely ignore any questions about it.

I've loved what I've played of TW3, but I was starting to feel that all the little issues were ruining should have been a wonderful experience, so I stopped playing it. I want to look back on TW3 as a great adventure, not one marred by countless performance issues, bugs and broken features. Once they've turned their rushed product into it a fully working game I'll jump back in. For now Arkham Knight is just a ridiculously more polished product, so I'd rather play that.

What????

You not playing game because you can't get a counter working and see how long you spent in game

What??

Man stuff I see on GAF

Lol, that guy has been posting about the play counter for ages in this thread. He's fixated on it and refuses to play the game until its been fixed. He brings it up with every patch and many times in-between too, lol.

It's not just that, no, but I would like for them to fix the game, yes. Even small features like this. If they're gonna leave it completely broken I'd rather they'd just remove it so I don't have to see it. The best thing about it all is that they completely ignore any questions about it.

The game's good enough to completely ignore this issue. It's not a deal breaker.

Coreda

The best thing about it all is that they completely ignore any questions about it.

Probably because they have a bug tracker behind the scenes and it's low on the 'must fix next' list :p I'm amazed they can even keep up with their forum-style bug reporting, there are so many duplicate threads.

sep

Maybe I'm getting confused, but I think there's one involving a small side quest in western Vellen too
involving a grave. It's a quest you get from someone who turns out to be not exactly the person you thought they were.

Is that ghost
pickaxing a cave or something?
I don't remember vividly, because that what happens when you do dozens of quests a day.

ramyeon

It's not just that, no, but I would like for them to fix the game, yes. Even small features like this. If they're gonna leave it completely broken I'd rather they'd just remove it so I don't have to see it.
I mean it's hidden away in an odd menu as is (At least on the PS4 version it is). I had to google it to even find it. So it might as well not be there, and you don't have to see it.

Is that ghost
pickaxing a cave or something?
I don't remember vividly, because that what happens when you do dozens of quests a day.

Nope, although my recollection about some details is a little hazy.
You get a quest from a woman in front of a hut, and it's to do with her husband who was killed in a battle. She mentions it was the battle of Sodden (or something), and Geralt corrects her and says that battle was a hundred years ago, and she says oh yes my mistake. You need to take something to a grave nearby (I think it's a ring?), and at the grave you can use the lamp to see two ghosts being reunited in the afterlife. When you return to the hut you find a different young woman, and she seems to indicate that the person who gave you the quest might have been her long dead grandmother...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The game's good enough to completely ignore this issue. It's not a deal breaker.

Yeah, but again, it's the combination of all the little bugs, performance issues (which aren't very small) and broken features. All of that taken together makes me feel like I'd rather wait until they have the game in the state it should have been in at launch.

Correct, the first expansion mostly revolves around Oxenfurt.

It's more a matter of what the level requirement will be. Maybe they'll do level-scaling for the expansion, but hopefully not, and in particular I hope they don't make them less than end-game player level, but worst case scenario is that the quests of the expansions will be around level 20 or some such.

My fear is that the two expansions are just going to offer some optional, self-contained side content that will have no bearing on the main game at all. Of course, they're going to adjust balacing / level scaling in some way when you install the expansions (shouldn't be too much of a problem, I guess), but that'll be about it.

In a perfect world, they'll use these expansions to flesh out some of the less developed aspects of the main plot, maybe even give you some more options for the ending world state. They could use the Oxenfurt expansion to address the
not very convincing final act of the fate of the North/Radovid/Dijkstra plotline
and the Toussaint expansion to go into more detail regarding
Nilfgaard and especially Fringilla Vigo, who really seems like an afterthought in the current version of the game
. Probably not going to happen though.

misho8723

Banned
Yeah, but again, it's the combination of all the little bugs, performance issues (which aren't very small) and broken features. All of that taken together makes me feel like I'd rather wait until they have the game in the state it should have been in at launch.

The game is completely ok from the start compared to many other AAA games nowadays

I've loved what I've played of TW3, but I was starting to feel that all the little issues were ruining should have been a wonderful experience, so I stopped playing it. I want to look back on TW3 as a great adventure, not one marred by countless performance issues, bugs and broken features. Once they've turned their rushed product into it a fully working game I'll jump back in. For now Arkham Knight is just a ridiculously more polished product, so I'd rather play that.

lol?

Hystzen

With Oxenfurt expansion be cool for a Dandelion arc after all he does teach at the academy there. It has been shut down so be cool for dandelion trying to regroup the lecturers and take it back.

I hope get to go to Vizmia more sometime be interesting see how it was after Witcher 1 riots and now under Nilfgaard occupation.

sep

Nope, although my recollection about some details is a little hazy.
You get a quest from a woman in front of a hut, and it's to do with her husband who was killed in a battle. She mentions it was the battle of Sodden (or something), and Geralt corrects her and says that battle was a hundred years ago, and she says oh yes my mistake. You need to take something to a grave nearby (I think it's a ring?), and at the grave you can use the lamp to see two ghosts being reunited in the afterlife. When you return to the hut you find a different young woman, and she seems to indicate that the person who gave you the quest might have been her long dead grandmother...

Ok, different one.
The cool thing is mine started from a hidden treasure guarded by a noonwraith, which I stumbled upon while looking for some upgraded griffin diagram.
In the end, just with the noonwraith, the ghost and a note a little story has been told.

My GOG Galaxy counter is working great, i never used that in-game one.

Nah, don't have it on you all the time, just remember to use it when you'll see a reason to.

Console user most likely. Arkham Knight works fine on PS4

Yeah I thought of that. But that doesn't make the rest of his statement ridiculous and wrong.

I want to look back on TW3 as a great adventure, not one marred by countless performance issues, bugs and broken features. Once they've turned their rushed product into it a fully working game I'll jump back in.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Sorry, meant on console. I'm aware of the awful PC port, but the PS4 version of AK is amazing. On a completely different level than TW3 when it comes to polish and performance.

Yeah I thought of that. But that doesn't make the rest of his statement ridiculous and wrong.

TW3 was cleary rushed. It has bugs. It has severe performance issues on PS4. It has broken quests and features. What's so ridiculous about that statement? Arkham Knight has none of these problems (not saying there isn't a single bug, but mostly it's extremely polished).

Ark

Are we even playing the same game? TW3 is one of the most well optimised, polished games I have ever come across. The only bugs I've experienced have been hilarious character model glitches and the very rare (in 68 hours it happened maybe 3-4 times) random hard crashes.

Now granted I'm playing on PC with everything maxed at 1080/60 and an SSD, but I can't imagine the experience on console is anywhere near as bad as your making it out to be.

Obviously though, you're entitled to feel that way and I hope that when you do eventually finish the game you'll see it as the great experience it is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sorry, meant on console. I'm aware of the awful PC port, but the PS4 version of AK is amazing. On a completely different level than TW3 when it comes to polish and performance.

TW3 was cleary rushed. It has bugs. It has severe performance issues on PS4. It has broken quests and features. What's so ridiculous about that statement? Arkham Knight has none of these problems (not saying there isn't a single bug, but mostly it's extremely polished).

I don't think it's fair to call it rushed, it's just a massive scale game and these niggles are part of the territory. I don't think you will ever see an RPG like this ever launch without some kind of broken quest or unresponsive NPC--atleast CDPR have a history of continued support and went above and beyond with Witcher 2, so this is in good hands.

tbd

Didn't read the whole chain but you don't know what a "rushed" and bug-riddled game is if you think Witcher 3 is bad. Most people basically never have any issues except for weird horse animations or other minor shit and graphics bugs. The only terrible bug that comes to mind is the one that sometimes let your game crash when messing around in the inventory. Was fixed first week after release, though.

Most Bethesda games are almost unplayable when they launch, especially New Vegas. Even Skyrim, their biggest gun until now, had several quests that were completely broken. I remember how I couldn't make that Nightingale armor in Skyrim after spending hours on the most boring quests imaginable. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nightingale_Armor Almost every little thing/article has a bug segment on this site.

And it's not really fair to praise the PS4 version of Batman when they completely ignore every other version and even outsource the PC version which led to one of the most awful PC ports ever made.

Ok, let's talk quests and features. The Witcher 3 is a huge, huge game regarding quests, be it the numbers or the complexity of the quests themselves. And the complicated, interwoven nature of the quests is something the Batman game simply can't even hold a candle for.

The Batman game formula also has been done to hell and back since Arkham Asylum and since City regarding the open world while The Witcher 3 is completely different from its previous entries, going full open world with tons of quests and things to do everywhere.

So, a game with a much bigger complexity has more bugs is nothing strange, you should take into consideration the percentage of it, not the numbers.

Regarding performance, CDPR developed themselves all 3 version of the game, while Rocksteady does only the consoles versions with tools (their modified UE3 engine for example) they've worked with for years while CDPR had to transform its RED Engine significantly to address the open world nature of the game, and then make the game on top of it. Plus they have no idea what to do with PS4 API either.

So, to say the game is without issues is wrong, but to say it is rushed is not correct either.

Now granted I play the PC version, but I've seen PS4 players reporting framedrops mostly in the swarm area, which also makes my more powerful PC struggle to maintain the fps.

The game is not rushed. Period. It is just so fucking big and complicated on both design and technical level to be completely bug free at release.

Coreda

OT3 title suggestions time!

Some posted so far:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Time To Get Ciri-ous

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Fuck me, what a peasant.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Would you teach your grandmother to suck eggs?

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Damn you CDPR with all these real-life choices!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Top notch awards!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| A series about geriatrics having sex

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Of ██████████ and ██████! (would probably not be allowed as it stands out so much :p)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| #TeamTrysts

And popular carry-overs from the previous thread:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Pam Perram Pam Pam Perram

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Radovid Sucks Flaccid Cock

So that's no oils, potions, signs, and mutagens? Does the last one there mean you have to unequip absolutely everything from the character screen?

You can have mutagens equipped it's something to do with the Decotions apparently so you don't have to unequip everything just make sure you have no active oils/potions etc, I just took down two contacts using only my swords and I got the trophy, I did cheat a bit as I nearly forgot about the trophy so I was a bit over-levelled for the 2 I did so it was pretty easy!

CoolOff

I still want PLOUGHIN' in the title, in any way possible.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| A series about geriatrics ploughin'

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Finally
found Ciri
!
Battle at Kaer Morhen
was quite cool especially the ending. RIP
Vesemir
. Awesome scene when
Ciri's power is unleashed

Just about to start
Final Preparations
. I hope I get a good ending. I'm definitely gonna need to replay it. I'll keep
Keira alive
and
romance Yennefer
this time around.

"Fuck me, what a peasant"

I laughed when Dijkstra said this with that perfect condescending tone.Gets my vote.

Dijkstra has some glorious one liners and a great voice actor.

My favourite: "Out of the question! Geralt, get her out of here before I burst a testicle!"

I'm on my second playthrough and played it approximately for 280-300 Hours since launch, can't say for sure, because you know, the playtime counter is broken.

I encountered two bugs which gave me a CTD but beside that it is a fantastic experience on my PS4. I think my eyes or brain are not very prone for Framerate issues because I never ever encountered one on my whole playtime.

I had no broken quests and the only little issue I have with the Game is the Merchant/Armorer/Blacksmithglitch were you have to meditate for them to show up.

But beside that, it is a perfectly well polished game for the content and the size it provides.

Denton

Dijkstra has some glorious one liners and a great voice actor.

My favourite: "Out of the question! Geralt, get her out of here before I burst a testicle!"
Dijkstra is one of my favourite characters across books and CDP captured him flawlessly apart from those last few minutes.That is something I wish was addresed in a patch
make dijkstra act more rationally, or at least give geralt option to dispatch him nonlethally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom