• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Wanted to find Ciri, but everything Gwent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exentryk

My vote is for "Fuck me, what a peasant". I recall bursting out laughing when he said that XD

2nd would be Radovid sucks flaccid cock.

My vote goes to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Time To Get Ciri-ous

Edit:
Okay, this one is even better "The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt |OT3| Ploughin' her Gwently"

rakhir

Play with native Polish voice over, guys. From what i heard of the other languages, our Polish voices are way better.

I will have to play in english though, because I just want to hear my beloved Female Hawke Jo Wyatt as Ciri.

Coreda

Play with native Polish voice over, guys. From what i heard of the other languages, our Polish voices are even better.

You're Polish? I envy experiencing it without the subtitles.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Oh Mighty AllGod. Gives Us NG+. Pretty Please.

image.php

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Trollololo sing too. You for sing too?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Boom? Can you elaborate on that? BOOOOOOOOOM

In all seriousness, I like the peasant one.

PFD

Does anyone have any non-spoilery advice you can give to someone about to play the game? I'll be ready to dive right into it after my 2-weeks holiday (no reason to start it now when I won't be able to play it for a while).
I played both the first and second game during the last month (or less actually, two-three weeks maybe?), Steam tells me 36 hours for the first and 32 for the second. I did most of the side quests (the ones that looked interesting enough at least) in both games. What big changes from the previous ones (apart from open-world obviously) should I be aware of? I'm a bit "worried" about managing quests, but the rest, from what I have read, seems to be pretty similar to the second game.

Turn off the dumb ant line that leads you to your quest on the minimap. First thing I did when I started playing

Play with native Polish voice over, guys. From what i heard of the other languages, our Polish voices are way better.

I will have to play in english though, because I just want to hear my beloved Female Hawke Jo Wyatt as Ciri.

I really dislike Polish Yen and Ciri. But everyone else is mostly great. Of course, Polish Geralt is the best Geralt of them all.

Also:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Time To Get Ciri-ous

Rixxan

What a fucking game

ending spoilers

Last two fights were proper epic, loved eredins aesthetic, and loved the setting of both phases of his fight

Also love how Geralt kills him in single combat, thought for sure Ciri was gonna have to save my ass, Geralt is such a boss

Was happy with my ending (Ciri becomes a Witcher) but all three endings are great in there own way. I liked how my decisions paid off, I really wanted Ciri to enjoy herself, so I had a snowball fight with her, let her destroy avaalachs lab, helped her thank her friends. Figured the poor girl had been on the run for so long, and I didn't know who would survive and who wouldn't. So having that logic I applied to their relationship directly impact her will to get back to me, really loved it.

Especially because I thought she was dead when she went in the rift to stop the white frost.

All in all one of the best RPGs ever made, loved it

I just found all those free add-ons on the PS store. If I download them, does the armor and shit just show up in my inventory or is it somewhere out in the world?

Edit: My vote goes to Ploughin' her Gwently.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ready for another weekend FULL of witcher 3 goodness. Wish I had more time to play during the week :(

Get off work in two hours. Maybe I can finish the main quest this weekend.

d3vnull

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt |OT3| Witcherses thing one say, thing two do. Thing three do. Sometime.

I guess that one's too long...

Majukun

am i the only one having problem logging on gog?
the "loading cricle" appear but it just continues looping and the page where i put my username and password never appears

Coreda

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt |OT3| Witcherses thing one say, thing two do. Thing three do. Sometime.

I guess that one's too long...

The rock trolls are the most endearing characters.

am i the only one having problem logging on gog?
the "loading cricle" appear but it just continues looping and the page where i put my username and password never appears

The Galaxy client can get a bit borked at times when logging in. Sometimes clicking on a different section like the Wishlist and signing in helps.

Majukun

The rock trolls are the most endearing characters.

The Galaxy client can get a bit borked at times when logging in. Sometimes clicking on a different section like the Wishlist and signing in helps.

problem is,i have this problem on the website :(

Khasim

Beat
Imlerith
on my second playthrough. Final tier Blizzard potion + 3 adrenaline points + Whirl = boss completely destroyed. Didn't even go into the second phase. And the way Geralt finishes him off by first
cooking his head inside his helmet
and then
smashing his head in with his own mace
is just so brutal and satisfying.

People seem to be divided about the quality of the combat in this game, but I absolutely love it. Especially when you learn how to combine talents, gear and potions to get better results.

I thought I'd be playing Arkham Knight by now, but now I'm not even mad that the port is shit. I'll probably play through TW3 at least two more times to see all the endings and then to do a "perfect playthrough" with finishing everything in the game and picking the choices I like best.

I can't remember being this much in love with a game since Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. The atmosphere in TW3 is just something that is so unique and perfect.

I just found all those free add-ons on the PS store. If I download them, does the armor and shit just show up in my inventory or is it somewhere out in the world?

Edit: My vote goes to Ploughin' her Gwently.

Reposting my question from the last page since y'all are having too much fun tossing OT titles around. Anybody help?

Jintor

Whelp I fucked up my Ending I guess

Let Ciri go stop the White Frost... she did it... and didn't come back

Should've picked a side, but I was too middle-of-the-road I guess. Fuck.

Coreda

Reposting my question from the last page since y'all are having too much fun tossing OT titles around. Anybody help?

They all appear in-game either from merchants or quests apart from the Yenn/Triss outfits and Gwent card set designs which are toggle-able from the DLC menu.

The Tutorials menu lists where to find them, or you can check the item guides link in the OP which goes into greater detail.

Jintor

Now I just feel depressed. I guess I should have let her
wreck the lab or something.

I don't understand the sequence of events that led me to this ending

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

The free DLC youve installed will have entries in the Glossary/Tutorial menu. Each one tells you where you can find it or what in the Settings you need to do to activate them.

Yeah, it isn't done perfectly. It can feel a bit arbitrary what are the "good acts" that help her and what aren't.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

My interpretation of decisions presented and their impact is this:
fundamentally the game is about Ciri's character; her identity, motives, desires, and future. And most importantly Geralt's role in all of this. As a father figure, you're presented with the difficulty of essentially raising your surrogate daughter. How do you treat her? What do you say to her? What guidance do you offer in times of conflict, internal and external? How much freedom do you give Ciri, or are you overbearing?

The depressing ending seems to come about from playing a Geralt that imposes himself on much of Ciri's life without giving her much freedom. The over protective, domineering, intrusive parent where Ciri is never right and rarely given the option to express herself without being questioned or put down. Other endings require giving her more flexibility in her approach. For example, I didn't let her wreck the lab, but I got the Empress ending not KING OF DEPRESSION.

Whether or not the path taken makes any sense logically is debatable, but I think that's what they were going for. In your ending it's like Ciri has nothing to return to, whether she lives against the white frost or not. She's still running, still trying to find herself, and sees no future in The Continent with Geralt and co. So she just...never returns, and Geralt is left to assume she is dead.

Älg

Yeah, it isn't done perfectly. It can feel a bit arbitrary what are the "good acts" that help her and what aren't.

They're not exactly good or bad acts. They're more like protective and non protective.

I'd guess that it's all about realising that Ciri isn't someone you can control, and that you must let her do what she wants to do

Jintor

Basically:
If you play the overprotective father, she's fucked.

But why? I played it half and half basically, which is why I assume I got bent, but sometimes Ciri was basically like
"Hey remember that time I nearly killed everyone at Kaer Morden when I couldn't control my power? Let's never learn to control my power!"

More to the point,
there's no real obvious point where it seems to clearly affect what happens to her. Like, if they had shown a scene "oh, you've been too overprotective, that's why this happened!" at least I'd understand that.
It feels kinda arbitrary and unsatisfying to me.

It's kind of messed up but I think you only need half of the
"positive" choices to get one of the non-depressing endings. What's happening is that you're helping her build her confidence for when she confronts the frost but a couple decisions are very unclear mostly in the wording. The snowball fight/drink seems bad when presented like that but in actuality the decision is iirc "I know how to cheer you up"/"You can't be good at everything", the second doesn't seem like a bad thing to say. Trashing the lab seems like you're enabling childish behaviour but I went along with it because fuck that nerdy elf. If you screwed up those then you're the precipice of being fucked. I'm assuming you accompanied her when she met the lodge which was also a bad move apparently.

rakhir

You're Polish? I envy experiencing it without the subtitles.
Yeah, I'm Polish. I never play games in my language, even had to mess with dragon age to get the english version, but the Witcher games are really well made. I als think this whole world should speak Polish.
It's like playing Assassin's Creed 2 in Italian with english subtitles because you know Ezio is suppose to speak Italian.

I think you can play with polish VO and english subtitles, i would reccommend that.

I really dislike Polish Yen and Ciri. But everyone else is mostly great. Of course, Polish Geralt is the best Geralt of them all.
I can see not liking Ciri's, but i personally think Yen has a really sexy voice.

And of course everyone should at least watch polish Geralt and hear what his voice should sound, not that gravely batman-like english one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom