• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 - 60 fps Trailer

This game is a "can't-miss" game for me more than any other Wii U game coming soon.

It's right up my alley with graphical style, arcadey gameplay, etc...

Not sure it will sell well but it looks like it will be very well received by anyone that plays it.

More excited about this than Bayonetta 2 but both those games will be a powerful one-two punch from a great partnership, one of the more important partnerships Nintendo has ever made on an artistic level if not at all commercial level.

I need a religion to get into after reading that. I felt dirty just reading it.

Embarrassing but not all that surprising.

To be fair, this was people's initial reactions. The game wasn't shown in the e3 conference, but in Reggie's interview with Geoff afterward, which didn't exactly project confidence in the project and everyone was expecting titty ass guns from Kamiya after Bayonetta.

To be fair, this was people's initial reactions. The game wasn't shown in the e3 conference, but in Reggie's interview with Geoff afterward and everyone was expecting titty ass guns from Kamiya after Bayonetta.

It's hard to be open minded around here when many are the opposite of that.

I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt but I've seen it all before.

When they first showed the game, I thought it looked fucking cool.

Then again, cartoony games are what my favorite videogames are usually.

I just feel sorry for developers that make something this exciting and many jump to rash e-typical comments.

There could be agendas too though, you sometimes know why people say what they do but many times, you can only suspect.

Was Viewtiful Joe laughed at here when first revealed???

Instro

To be fair, this was people's initial reactions. The game wasn't shown in the e3 conference, but in Reggie's interview with Geoff afterward, which didn't exactly project confidence in the project and everyone was expecting titty ass guns from Kamiya after Bayonetta.

Well technically, being shown outside the conference as a stand alone title is a bigger deal than being sandwiched in between Nintendo stuff.

It's funny how soon after all those posts were made it turns out TW101 was the game Kamiya was working on and later Nintendo announces Bayonetta 2 as a exclusive.

I just feel sorry for developers that make something this exciting and many jump to rash e-typical comments.

There could be agendas too though, you sometimes know why people say what they do but many times, you can only suspect.

Well, in the end, people who enjoy this game will enjoy it and people who judge it without buying it will be the ones who miss out. I thought and still think it looks like an incredibly fun action game. I missed out on stuff like Viewtiful Joe, and Okami back in the day (due to being a poor, jobless teenager) but this game will (hopefully) make up for that in part. Other people's opinions and reactions, while amusing in their arrogance/entitlement/rage, do not affect me too much.

This game was very fun at NYCC, it is one of the few Wii U games I'm currently really anticipating

Bayonetta 2
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3

Seems Platinum is Wii U savior ;)

I played it too at NYCC,Do you remember it being as smooth as this video? Cause I don't...
Game was hell of a great time though

Everything in this game looks like ice cream. I guess that's the best way of describing it

gives me high hopes for future 3d marios.

But yeah, the demos were lowered than 60. Seems like they are finishing up soon.

Curious if the game is e-shop or retail. They really haven't shown much outside of the reveal demo areas.

Terrell

lol this is why no one should take GAF seriously when new games are shown.

I should know, I did this before. Feels bad man :(

Yeah, I'll be referring back to that thread for AGES when (not if, but when) I'm questioned why I don't believe GAF is the taste-maker people make us out to be.

jett

D-Member
Yeah this looks great, it's definitely PG's best looking game yet.

Mediocre developer (imo) + Nintendo's leadership = instant win

It's happened so many times before. Now it's about to happen again. All hail the Wonderful 101!

Fuck off with this bullshit. Platinum is undoubtedly the numero uno japanese developer out there.

Terrell

To be fair, GAF voted W101 as the Best Wii U game of E3. There's negativity around every game.

So this time, the hate didn't stick. Lucky for this game, can't say that it's worked out that way for MANY others. And I'd bet money that the people saying those things have yet to take them back, regardless of whether or not some of us came back to our damned senses.

Subaru

This game looks amazin in 60fps.

I'm totally sold to Platinum, I just love EVERY.SINGLE.KAMIYA.GAME.

Can't wait to play Anarchy Reigns (loved the JP demo!), The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

rjc571

Banned

I doubt it. The people lauging at it are probably too young to remember when Viewtiful Joe was revealed, or when video games were allowed to be colorful and lighthearted.

JDSN

Banned
Fuck, I just found out this game has 4up multiplayer! Straight to my veins!

From that thread:

You can't be seriously excited by this game, after the likes of Bayonetta? I'm sorry, but I'd prefer that Kamiya make amazing nonshitty titles.

@Satchwar: bitterness...please. Why waste time making subpar crap for the wii? It's just gonna bomb like MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns.
Bayonetta actually did some numbers for Platinum.

Hahahaha, poor guy cant catch a break.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So this time, the hate didn't stick. Lucky for this game, can't say that it's worked out that way for MANY others. And I'd bet money that the people saying those things have yet to take them back, regardless of whether or not some of us came back to our damned senses.

Why should they when people in here are going to show their posts to other like minded individuals and go 'SNEE LOOK AT THESE HATERS!'

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looks like the most fun Wii U game announced so far. I hope it sells decently.

zroid

Banned
Totally forgot about that wall of shame. Still hilarious/sad, months later.

@Satchwar: bitterness...please. Why waste time making subpar crap for the wii? It's just gonna bomb like MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns.
Bayonetta actually did some numbers for Platinum.

the retrospective irony tastes so good

Famassu

Mediocre developer (imo) + Nintendo's leadership = instant win

It's happened so many times before. Now it's about to happen again. All hail the Wonderful 101!
Platinum is one of the best developers around, especially if you consider their Clover days & key members' other games as well. That's non-arguable, really.

Games like God Hand, Vanquish, Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 2, Okami and such are at the top of their genres.

Piers

People going crazy over a 60fps trailer is about as hyperbole as the people who got all shitty about the first screenshots of the game back at E3 imo

jett

D-Member
People going crazy over a 60fps trailer is about as hyperbole as the people who got all shitty about the first screenshots of the game back at E3 imo

Well yeah it's a little strange to see so many people coming around when it looks virtually the same as before, but it's nice to see support for the game either way.

Speaking on the framerate, lots of framedrops going on, not a stable 60fps at the moment.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I was excited for a colorful action game by Platinum.

Got to play the game and it handles very nicely. Dodge and guard being responsive. Drawing on the controller works. Juggling basic attacks by mashing to then repowerup your super moves.
I enjoyed my time with it.

Fabrik

Banned

Not sure about here, but I remember a lot of people saying it looked "kiddy" but most were furious about RE4 being a Gamecube exclusive. The same Bayonetta 2 level of madness.

Viewtiful Joe + Resident Evil 4 -> The Wonderfull 101 + Bayonetta 2.

History is repeating itself.

Not sure about here, but I remember a lot of people saying it looked "kiddy" but most were furious about RE4 being a Gamecube exclusive. The same Bayonetta 2 level of madness.

Viewtiful Joe + Resident Evil 4 -> The Wonderfull 101 + Bayonetta 2.

History is repeating itself.

~20 million Wii U sold at end of generation confirmed.

Trailer looks really nice.

Hero

Pretty sure I made the Capcom Five thread on the old GAF. Pretty sure most people dismissed VJ since it was colorful but like Fabrik said, most people were focused on the awesome RE4 trailer. I love the shit out of RE4 but part of me wishes we still got the game from that initial unveiling.

Nibel

iy751jERWluzp.png

imVevglD27edE.gif

Top Bottom