• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Phatcorns

Been so excited for this, and hearing about online mutliplayer has increased my hype so much. Played the first one almost to death (all characters lvl99, 60/64 trophies (I gave up on the play demo ones), and spent far too much on the DLC. I see the pattern repeating itself.

Had my CE preordered since June - what're the chances of SE EU store delivering mine early this week?

I would say decent, but maybe not. In the US I think most of us already got our CEs early. Maybe you might get lucky and get it Monday!

ryushe

Forgot I pre-ordered the collector's edition when it was first announced and to my surprise it shipped to my house yesterday. I was actually thinking of going digital for this game being that I could potentially pour hours into it, so now I'm debating if I should sell my CE since I don't think the extras are worth what I paid, keep it and double dip or even if I should eShop it at all.

rpmurphy

So glad I pre-ordered this.

Honestly completely forgot this was even coming out though.
Nice that you got a pristine box. Mine came bent in places (similar to a pic someone posted in another thread). :(

Whoever handles the packaging and shrinkwrapping should be more careful.

Ala Alba

I'm not a huge fan of the change to the wave-note mechanics in FMS though. I wish it would use the old system when using the stylus. Probably since I played so much of the original I can't get my timing right with the circle pad.

Though it works great for BMS.

How is it different? I've played the demo and didn't notice a difference, but it's been a long time since I've played the original.

Edit: I have had a really rough time hitting the directions at the end of holds in FMS when using buttons, though.

pariah164

Just got my call from Gamestop!

10088282.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup got the call from GS as well a few hours ago. & it was the first time in a while that they actually said the game's name instead of "your game".

Famassu

I'm interested but I remember being irked by the fact that in the first one, lots of songs wouldn't play all the way through and would just fade out (I think OWA was one of them). Is that still the case here?
I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think they have made it so that songs don't end so abrubtly, at least new songs. But you might want someone with the game to confirm this.

Swamped

Banned
I've been struggling with this decision, but I think I'm going to go digital for this one. This is one of those games I'll probably play in between playing other games. Also, there's something about rhythm games that's so relaxing, and it would be great to have it on my system all the time. Can't wait until it's available!

jholmes

My copy shipped out an hour ago so maybe if I'm lucky it'll be in my mailbox tomorrow!

I always meant to get the original as I played the demo quite a bit, but it never seemed to get the sort of sales in Canada that I always saw in the U.S. Oh well, I made it in for the Curtain Call, after all!

Celegus

Haven't played the original in a long long time, but I tried the demo for Curtain Call and got an S rank on both songs on Ultimate first try - looks like I still remember how to play. So excited for all the new songs and modes!

ohlawd

how much are songs each in Japan? they've got 40-something DLC songs.... even if it's priced modestly at a dollar, that's already $40 >_<

GordonShumway

Neo Member
For those who got the CE, can you tell us the track listing of the CD that was included?

Opening Theme (FF)
The Rebel Army (FF2)
The Crystal Tower (FF3)
Battle 2 (FF4)
Home, Sweet Home (FF5)
Searching for Friends (FF6)
Let the Battles Begin! (FF7)
Blue Fields (FF8)
Something to Protect (FF9)
Fight with Seymore (FF10)
Selbina (FF11)
Flash of Steel (FF12)
The Sunleth Waterscape (FF13)
The Land Breathes (FF14:ARR)
Antipyretic (FFT)
Advent: One-Winged Angel (FF7:AC)
The Price of Freedom (Crisis Core)
We Have Come (FF Type Zero)
Etro's Champion (FF13-2)
Crimson Blitz (Lighting Returns)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Opening Theme (FF)
The Rebel Army (FF2)
The Crystal Tower (FF3)
Battle 2 (FF4)
Home, Sweet Home (FF5)
Searching for Friends (FF6)
Let the Battles Begin! (FF7)
Blue Fields (FF8)
Something to Protect (FF9)
Fight with Seymore (FF10)
Selbina (FF11)
Flash of Steel (FF12)
The Sunleth Waterscape (FF13)
The Land Breathes (FF14:ARR)
Antipyretic (FFT)
Advent: One-Winged Angel (FF7:AC)
The Price of Freedom (Crisis Core)
We Have Come (FF Type Zero)
Etro's Champion (FF13-2)
Crimson Blitz (Lighting Returns)
I assume all original versions? This is a decent listing, though still not worth the extra cash for the LE.

Now to see what the pre-order disc listing will be.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
I assume all original versions? This is a decent listing, though still not worth the extra cash for the LE.

Now to see what the pre-order disc listing will be.

Haven't listened to it yet, but I assume it's all original. The album is a "Best of..."

The Limited Edition CD is remixes.

Series Prelude (FF)
Locke's Theme (FF6)
Main Theme of FF7
Thunder Plains (FF10)
Choose Your Combatants (FFT)

Is there a jukebox mode in this?

Yup. Music Player.

Ventara

Just got my shipped notice from Best Buy. I guess I'll get it tomorrow. Gonna keep the CE sealed as a collector's item, especially since the case is for the XL. Maybe I'll get the New XL for it, whenever that's supposed to come out.

hamchan

Excited for this, loved the first game. Still using the avatar from the first game's OT because I'm too lazy to change it.

Kinda disappointed that some of the older tracks are now DLC. :/

FFIX - Vamo'Alla Flamenco still isn't in the game! Come on Squeenix, it's such an obvious choice.

EDIT: NVM I mixed up some songs.

suzu

Kinda disappointed that some of the older tracks are now DLC. :/

FFIX - Vamo'Alla Flamenco still isn't in the game! Come on Squeenix, it's such an obvious choice.

Which older tracks? I thought all the DLC from the first game (except Somnus) is in Curtain Call now. D:

Oh man, I'm so excited for this game. I had the original game on cart so it's nice to have this upgraded version of that game as a digital download. There are a few songs missing that I think are amazing and should be on here... but I can't be upset about that at all considering how many songs they put in the game.

rpmurphy

I miss the funky catchphrases from the first one. :p

Although some of the expressions of the characters that replaced it is pretty funny. My onion knight made this face once -> >:3

lol

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Best Buy sent me a shipping notice and I remembered I had the game preordered (hooray limited edition). Loved the first one, sank over 80 hours into it and was motivated to explore more FF titles I hadn't played such as 4, 6, 8, and 10.

This comes out at a perfect time to tide me over for a month until The Evil Within + Bayonetta 2.

Best Buy sent me a shipping notice and I remembered I had the game preordered (hooray limited edition). Loved the first one, sank over 80 hours into it and was motivated to explore more FF titles I hadn't played such as 4, 6, 8, and 10.

This comes out at a perfect time to tide me over for a month until The Evil Within + Bayonetta 2.

Bayonetta 2 is a definite Day 1 buy for me as well! Got the game and collector's edition strategy guide preordered. Man October and November are gonna be major pains for my wallet: Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life, Bayonetta 2, Bayo 2 OSG, Freedom Wars, my import of the Monster Hunter 4G Limted Edition Bundle withthe New 3DS XL, Bayonetta Bloody Fate BluRay.... And that's all October! November is Pokemon, Smash Bros Wii U and the Limited Edition of Sailor Moon Season1 (the new dub version).... And then I also plan to bring in Final Fantasy Explorers and Bravely Second in December....

But back on topic, my fave song is stoll One Winged Angel (both versions) and Aerith's Theme. Though I'm a bit upset Aerith's Theme is no longer an EMS....

Top Bottom