• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is probably the best way to become a video game collector

tuffy

At this point, simply owning a massive collection of sealed games is where the enjoyment comes from.

There aren't enough hours in your life to actually play ~6700 different titles.

I bought a load of games from this guy 10-15 years ago, very nice guy.

But yeah, I'm one of these people who will never understand sealed collections outside of official curation purposes.

Jackano

I hope he will get his money after the 999999,99 bid, and that bid is not a joke!
Crazy to see this kind of things on ebay, but the whole thing is clever.
Yeah, with 1M, you can buy yourself a second life so as he like games (obviously) I wish him the best of luck!

Sorcerer

I wonder what eb would give me in trade in value?

Lets assume Gamestop did still take the games in this collection in.

The collection is worth $1,230,699.99. (US).

Translated through the Gamestop filter, this seller would walk away with $17.03.

Then Gamestop would take that same collection, sell the individual pieces, and probably make

$5,000,000,000.

Yes Boss!

Definitely fun to look at all the pics.

Price does not seem too bad considering what is included. Must of cost a fortune for him to amass all that stuff, even if they were bought during release.

Still, never understood the "sealed" collector mentality.

Timo

I he even making a profit though? That's a lot of video games. And I'm sure most of them were bought at either full price or possibly higher since they are sealed.

angrybus

Banned
Lets assume Gamestop did still take the games in this collection in.

The collection is worth $1,230,699.99. (US).

Translated through the Gamestop filter, this seller would walk away with $17.03.

Then Gamestop would take that same collection, sell the individual pieces, and probably make

$5,000,000,000.
Who's that in your avatar?

Sorcerer

Am I right in thinking they're kind of like Stereolab without all the Moog-iness?

I know little about Stereolab but what I've heard I would say they are very, very experimental.

Lush were part of the so called "shoegazing" scene in the 90's.

But ever band in that scene sounded different to me.

My Bloody Valentine were lumped into that scene and no way does My Bloody Valentine sound like Lush.

But Lush changed a lot eventually becoming a full on pop band on their last album.

So defining their sound is very difficult for me.

But a search on Youtube will probably answer your question.

Top Bottom