• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news (Ninja Gaiden PS3, White Knight Level5 PS3!) Scans!

LevelNth said:
O.M.G, White Knight Story looks absolutely phenomenal!! What's up with the folks crapping on the technical merits of the game based on these uber tiny real time pics? For one, the character models are freakin' incredible and look exactly like CGI:

And two, unlike the other next gen RPG's we've seen, WKS isn't a bunch of rooms seperated by load screens, it's massive environments that may or may not even be streamed ala RG for no loading ever.

On the above scan, the two screens in the top right look straight up like CG, and the two battle pics at the bottom -- the one on the left and the one in the top middle -- look at the detail in the trees and the insane draw distance!

I think this will blow some people away come the weekend if we get a trailer.
:lol

MightyHedgehog said:
NGS is just a cash-grab enhanced conversion from last gen for Tecmo while Capcom's DMC4 is built-for next-gen game. Not sure what that says... And I think DMC4 looks pretty good...but, like DOA4/DOAX2 (from what I've seen) the adherence to a particular visual style keeps it from really coming across to next-gen the way they could.

Until TN makes a completely new engine that's not related to DoA or a previous NG I don't really expect even NG2 to look all that much different. DMC4 looks ok, even better if its running at 60fps. But overall they're both disappointing given who they're coming from.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
LevelNth said:
O.M.G, White Knight Story looks absolutely phenomenal!! What's up with the folks crapping on the technical merits of the game based on these uber tiny real time pics? For one, the character models are freakin' incredible and look exactly like CGI:

And two, unlike the other next gen RPG's we've seen, WKS isn't a bunch of rooms seperated by load screens, it's massive environments that may or may not even be streamed ala RG for no loading ever.

On the above scan, the two screens in the top right look straight up like CG, and the two battle pics at the bottom -- the one on the left and the one in the top middle -- look at the detail in the trees and the insane draw distance!

I think this will blow some people away come the weekend if we get a trailer.

Damn need to change pants.

Mau ®

WKS looks very good. Very interesting direction in graphic style and well open ended games FTW!!!

Could this be a 2007 release? It is pretty far along but how much?

SolidSnakex said:
Until TN makes a completely new engine that's not related to DoA or a previous NG I don't really expect even NG2 to look all that much different.
I don't think an 'engine' change is necessary. It's just that they want to retain this particular look so strictly that they preclude any major improvements/changes (mostly art-related) that could make them look more 'next-gen.' My opinion, anyway...

But overall they're both disappointing given who they're coming from.
Actually, I' more disappointed with TN than Capcom. Dead Rising and Lost Planet (demo) already rank as really ****ing next-gen (on a relative scale) to me.

duckroll

LevelNth said:

Not true. Take a look at the scans again. There's a paper world map where you can select which location to go.

Level 5 game looks very nice...I think the pics are poor quality though. Anyway, hopefully see some nice ps3 rpgs at tgs, some big guns already, but Im anticipating something from Atlas...are they ready to show their ps3 stuff yet?

peace

LevelNth

Banned
duckroll said:
Not true. Take a look at the scans again. There's a paper world map where you can select which location to go.
Yeah, I just noticed that. I did state 'may or may not' cause I wasn't too sure. But Hino did state the individual environments are all going to be very large, and the highlighted part on the map does look to be a very large portion of land.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the map looks like it divides up the world in a smaller number of large chunks, rather than a lot of small chunks.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
LevelNth said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the map looks like it divides up the world in a smaller number of large chunks, rather than a lot of small chunks.

It's an FFXII-style overworld, yeah.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
fences are definitely dmc4's big graphical weakness. they all look janky, not just the one in that shot. and yes it does matter. I JOIN TTP IN DEMANDING FULLY-MODELED FENCES

Teasel

just a quick question... why they **** they aren't using cell shading for the game? the 3d model look a little dull compared to artwork especialy after DC2 and RG (OMG! Fanboy!)

the fence is just a poorly camoflaged minion, ready to fall and squish the life out of you, the imperfection allows you to notice that it is not a natural part of the environment. Not only is capcom going for interactive environments but living breathing environments. Ha, what you guys thought was a weakness was actually a nex gen innovation!

peace

IJoel

Dammit... this is both so exciting and annoying at the same time.

I'm excited at new NG material.

I'm annoyed at the possibility of not having a PS3 by the time this comes out.

MRBOB, LEND ME YER FLIPFLOPS!

Srider

Banned
White Knight is going to own all kinds of ass on the PS3.

The story is kind of like Guyver... with the Black Knight and all... haha

PhatSaqs

Banned
IJoel said:
Dammit... this is both so exciting and annoying at the same time.

I'm excited at new NG material.

I'm annoyed at the possibility of not having a PS3 by the time this comes out.

MRBOB, LEND ME YER FLIPFLOPS!
I have em already :lol

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
I can't wait for the trailers for WK. Hino seems be really focusing on animation which should make it stand out from alot of other next gen games.

Just like Kojima said he was focusing on animation, right.

Ugh... still no DS scans? Yeah next gen is great, but more portable love please. There's still alot of scans for the PSP & DS games that I'm waiting for.

Top Bottom