• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japanese magazine news (sponsored by Square Enix)

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
The FF4 interview is kind of interesting. According to Tokita, about 75% of FF4's original script ended up getting cut from the SNES release! They're reincorporating some of this material into the DS version.

holy shit...the game did feel compressed...if they add that....damn...I wont buy another handheld system...but damn

peace

soul

Translation to the FFCC: The Crystal Bearers scan given this morning:

Unlike the other games in the franchise where the players must level-up to become stronger, the hero of The Crystal Bearers will be very strong in the beginning of the game. It's also possible to control the Airships in the game. In addition, Square Enix planned to have a running demo of the game at the recent Square Enix Party 2007 but that didn't happen due to lack of time, so only a trailer was given.

http://www.forever-fantasy.net

Dascu

soul said:
Translation to the FFCC: The Crystal Bearers scan given this morning:

Unlike the other games in the franchise where the players must level-up to become stronger, the hero of The Crystal Bearers will be very strong in the beginning of the game. It's also possible to control the Airships in the game. In addition, Square Enix planned to have a running demo of the game at the recent Square Enix Party 2007 but that didn't happen due to lack of time, so only a trailer was given.

http://www.forever-fantasy.net
But where is it.

FFIV's story was so cheesy it was hilarious.

"I shall heroically sacrifice myself FOR THE GREATER GOOD!"

(Later)

"Um, didn't you... y'know, sacrifice yourself? And stuff?"

"I got better."

soul

Dascu said:
But where is it.

As you may be aware, taking pictures/films inside the event was forbidden. So the trailer will be released when, well, whenever Square Enix feels like it.

Forever Fantasy translating from Jeux France said:

Me me me me me ME! said:
But like the guy mentioned, the focus is on playing a super-hero-like character, who's powerful from the beginning unlike typical FF characters who start out weak. Also, controllable airships. Oh yeah, they're also putting out a playable demo soon. They were hoping to have it playable at the show but couldn't quite get it ready in time.

Heh. Indeed.

soul

Sorry, did not notice it was all already posted. Anyway, I forgot to mention that the scan also says that Square Enix will probably have a demo ready for TGS 2007.

soul

If it doesn't says so on the scan then I stand corrected, it's indeed a rumor from Jeux France. But that will probably become true if they already planned a demo for the SE Party.

Eteric Rice

Kafel said:
N-1179308409.jpg

<3

You know, that "might" be a shot of the character in game. He doesn't look CG, or out of the Wii's capabilities. But, it's hard to tell. :|

So, am I the only one that had the Superman March theme play in their heads when they first saw that screenshot? :lol

ivysaur12

Banned
So if tCB focuses on single player, than that's fine for not having online capabilities.

But what the hell is up with RoF not having online?! It's a multiplayer game!! Come one!

Eteric Rice

ivysaur12 said:
So if tCB focuses on single player, than that's fine for not having online capabilities.

But what the hell is up with RoF not having online?! It's a multiplayer game!! Come one!

I dunno. I'm guessing they want you to play with real life friends or some crap. :(

It annoys me, too.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Jonnyram said:
So in FFXII Job Edition, you have to choose the character's job when they join your party and it cannot be changed after that... sounds pretty messed up. Couple of new modes. No new mobs, story or bosses. High speed mode up to 4x regular speed. Dunno if any of this is old news as I wasn't paying much attention to the S-E party thread.
wtf? interest dropped

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ivysaur12 said:

DS limitations? I mean all S-E DS games do at least look better than MK or MPH even if they are DS 3D. FWIW, Kamiyama also said that the DS game has a single-player mode this time:
The theme of the storyline, according to director Mitsuru Kamiyama, is brother-sister and family love. There will also be an element of character growth. While the main characters start off young, they grow as the game progresses. Kamiyama promises a full single player experience this time, with a storyline that will make players laugh and cry.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/751/751319p1.html

Mashing

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
The FF4 interview is kind of interesting. According to Tokita, about 75% of FF4's original script ended up getting cut from the SNES release! They're reincorporating some of this material into the DS version.

Damn it! They're just saying this so I have to go and buy it again!

zoukka

Urgh Genesis doesn`t fit to the VII-mythos at all :/

Aside that everything looks SUPER. The biggest ****-up they could do would be making Sephiroth a wuss. Hopefully he`s psychotic and kills some winos in the end :)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The director of FFCCWii was the Code Age commander guy?
I thought that game was terrible

Eteric Rice

John Harker said:
The director of FFCCWii was the Code Age commander guy?
I thought that game was terrible

The first Crystal Chronicals was pretty bad (only because of the crazy requirements), hopefully they've learned from their mistakes.

ethelred

Eteric Rice said:
The first Crystal Chronicals was pretty bad (only because of the crazy requirements), hopefully they've learned from their mistakes.

No, it really wasn't. The new one looks like complete shit, though.

ethelred

Eteric Rice said:
Not really, no.

We know it's not even an RPG at all, it's not epic, and it ditches the multiplayer (which was the one thing that made the original game awesome).

So, yeah. Shit.

Eteric Rice

MasterMFauli said:
Why has the clothing design to be so ridiculous :-/
I know, it´s fantasy, but if you look at other fantasy-stories, they, at least, have some mind behind their design choices.

I hope your not talking about games like Final Fantasy XII, because those character designs were pretty retarded too.

Defuser

MasterMFauli said:
Why has the clothing design to be so ridiculous :-/
I know, it´s fantasy, but if you look at other fantasy-stories, they, at least, have some mind behind their design choices.
It's either that or Nomura's belt fetish.....choose one

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I want the footage of Crystal Chronicles. The shot looks great, but it's not enough.

Also, I'm very surprised with last Remnant. I like it a lot.

I would like to buy an Xbox360, but it's so fragile that I'm discouraged to buy one, and I also have interest in FFXIII, so I don't know if it's better to wait & see if SE announces FFXIII to the X360 or not.

Let's hope all those games ends being good at least. Art is lovely!

zoukka

Eteric Rice said:
I hope your not talking about games like Final Fantasy XII, because those character designs were pretty retarded too.

Other than XII all FF:s have pretty nice clothings. X had pretty realistic and conventional clothing except for Lulu of course :)

Oh Yeah i still hate Last Remnants art. Everything about it.

Top Bottom