• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's JP mag meganews

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ivysaur12 said:
While Venus & Braves is a great game, BKO still comes out on top.

But maybe that was just a fluke. Trusty Bell wasn't all that special.

Uh...no. Have you even played VnB?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ivysaur12 said:
I never finished because of my lack of proficiency in Japanese, but yeah, I did.

I know you have a hard on for BKO and all, and while it's a good game, it really REALLY does not top VnB. In any way. Whatsoever.

ivysaur12

Banned
thetrin said:
I know you have a hard on for BKO and all, and while it's a good game, it really REALLY does not top VnB. In any way. Whatsoever.

I really don't want to derail the thread, but yeah it does, at least in my playtime with Venus & Braves. It's a great game, I just liked BKO more, that's all. Is it that hard to comprehend?

creamsugar said:
Scan :lol

It's... I don't really know?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
GaimeGuy said:
The timing of the announcement is almost as bad as the announcement of the RE4 Ps2 port, from a business standpoint.

No where near as bad, but it could saturate the market

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Linkup said:
To bad he's running around in a baby blue dress, but looks good otherwise.

Wow it's all 3d.
wait? its a DUDE? no really? anyone able to confirm the gender? i can never tell these days...

Khalid-S

LOL same pose?

4477857c3.png

thetrin

Eteric Rice said:
This is one of the things I blame FFVII for. :lol

What? Bishonen != Little children.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thanks for the scans as always Jonnyram and duckroll!

Even though practically all of those pics for Ninja Gaiden 2 were shown on 1up/EGM, I need to have them in hi-res - there's some never-before seen art there too... hopefully there'll be real scans by the end of the week!

thetrin

Mockingbird said:
OK, it's a dude. His name is Seto.

Yeaaaah...I said that like 2 pages back. :lol

Haunted

Fragile does look nice.

And tri-crescendo making a Wii game? Cool. Never heard of Venus & Braves... but with all the praise going around here, I'll take it as good news that this team is collaborating. :)

And Sega seems really serious to kick some more ass, making good decisions.

ethelred said:
At the moment tri-Crescendo is collaborating with a much better team who was responsible for a much better, and much more underrated, RPG.

What other games have they done? The collaboration with Monolith made for an awesome story that they provided on their end, along with the director being a Monolith guy. Tri-Crescendo did the battle mechanics, so what they have to concern themselves with is a good story, for the most part, as that was a problem with Trusty Bell too. How was the story in Venus and Braves?

duckroll

It's interesting to note, the producer of Fragile Kentaro Kawashima.... is an interesting man!

He directed Seven, then produced Venus and Braves, then went on the produce Frame City Killer until it got canned. Now he's producing Fragile!

Mockingbird said:
Tri-Crescendo did the battle mechanics, so what they have to concern themselves with is a good story, for the most part. How was the story in Venus and Braves?

What Tri-Crescendo did on Baten Kaitos doesn't matter. The Seven/V&B team is responsible for the game design and graphic design on Fragile.

if Sengoku Basara 2 Wii has not sense-motion but got an higher score than PS2 version, the only reason i can find is Wii version has both 2 and Heroes, while PS2 version has only Heroes...

duckroll said:
It's interesting to note, the producer of Fragile Kentaro Kawashima.... is an interesting man!

He directed Seven, then produced Venus and Braves, then went on the produce Frame City Killer until it got canned. Now he's producing Fragile!

What Tri-Crescendo did on Baten Kaitos doesn't matter. The Seven/V&B team is responsible for the game design and graphic design on Fragile.

Yeah, I just saw it. Apparently they're responsible for the game production work. What does that entail?

duckroll

ivysaur12 said:

If you read some really old interviews with him on the game, it seems FCK was intended to be something rather different compared to GTA. He described it as a Hard Boiled Experience game, and said the closest in game design would probably be Zelda games. The idea was to have a big city area, where there's a big main major story, and many side quests and sub stories if you help the people in the city and stuff.

If not for the UE3 + Japan lolz, it might have been a good game.

ethelred

lupin23rd said:
Wats the MEGAnews this week? Looks like any other week to me.

• Dragon Quest V dated
• NiGHTS remake announced
• Fragile unveiled; first media and developer info (the people who made the phenomenal Venus & Braves)
• Etrian Odyssey 2 dated
• Raiden Fighters to 360

Not really an ordinary week, no.

Top Bottom