• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's OMGWTF Japanese mag news (Wii Vanillaware game!)

Amir0x

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
I need to go to bed, not play this stupid game. Determined to get all 6 colours going though.

seriously this game is going to make me lose my job if it comes out in America

ethelred

I love how Ami's reaction to Yosumin went from disgust to addiction in the span of five minutes. And we all got to watch it play out in real time! :lol

Amir0x

Banned
oh god why are all the shapes taking up so much space, too much variety on the field not enough squares and rectangles being formed! Time running out, you bastard i need to clear one more blue!

the music is speeding up

duckroll

I thought we had this discussion before on some Japanese mag thread months or years ago or something. If you want to use images from 2ch or some other Japanese website or blog, PLEASE REHOST IT YOURSELF FIRST. :/

Kyoufu

I need Crisis Core now.

I'm wondering if Famitsu mentions how long the game is though, and whether or not it has any sidequests and that must-have feature we call a New Game+...

Amir0x

Banned
Haunted One said:
Yosumin is pretty cool, I have to admit. Simple, but effective. Good fit for the DS.

it starts drilling into your brain, i only played for like an hour now and i'm already seeing strategies and rectangles and shapes and hearing some wacky japanese screeching in my head.

this is a fine puzzle game, a fine puzzle game indeed. why is this the first i'm hearing of it

KiticanaX

Banned
Wii Oboro Muramasa Youtouden <- hope the reading is correct, here's the Japanese for reference: &#26407;&#26449;&#27491;&#22934;&#20992;&#20253;
Published by MMV
Developed by Vanillaware
- ARPG using Wiimote to use sword and various attacks
- play mode can be quick/refreshing or hardcore/repeat over-and-over style
- graphically looks like Odin Sphere but with a more Japanese feel

OMG I can't wait! Odin Sphere is my favorite game of all-time!:D

traveler

Not Wario
KiticanaX said:
Wii Oboro Muramasa Youtouden <- hope the reading is correct, here's the Japanese for reference: &#26407;&#26449;&#27491;&#22934;&#20992;&#20253;
Published by MMV
Developed by Vanillaware
- ARPG using Wiimote to use sword and various attacks
- play mode can be quick/refreshing or hardcore/repeat over-and-over style
- graphically looks like Odin Sphere but with a more Japanese feel

OMG I can't wait! Odin Sphere is my favorite game of all-time!:D

"I'd like some perspective"

Ten points to whoever guesses the reference correctly. :D

Defuser

Kyoufu said:
I'm wondering if Famitsu mentions how long the game is though, and whether or not it has any sidequests and that must-have feature we call a New Game+...
For crying out,can't you just search GAF to answer your question? It's been stated gazillion times that it will be 30 hours long without sidequest and over 100 hours with sidequest.

imek

Yosumin is addictive.... just realised that getting 4 colours in a row removes that colour completely from the game board too.

Current score is: 1747805

Haunted

Amir0x said:
it starts drilling into your brain, i only played for like an hour now and i'm already seeing strategies and rectangles and shapes and hearing some wacky japanese screeching in my head.

this is a fine puzzle game, a fine puzzle game indeed. why is this the first i'm hearing of it
I have to stop playing it now or I won't get anything else done. >_< The voice is pretty annoying, but some of the ads are funny.

koam said:
Who's VanillaWare?
Makers of Odin Sphere and GrimGrimoire.

Amir0x said:

I have no idea what to do!! I'm just clicking random colors ZE SHAPES DO NOSSING!

Lain

Valhalla Knights 2?! HELL YES!
I'm one of the (I guess) few people that really love the first game.
I hope they expand the game in the sequel and fix some of the little issues it had, as the gameplay is simply awesome in the first one.

Amir0x

Banned
disappeared said:
I have no idea what to do!! I'm just clicking random colors ZE SHAPES DO NOSSING!

e o o o e
o p p p o
e o o o e

It has to be a "square." You can click the "e" shape to turn everything inside of its perimeter into that same shape, or you can click the corners of the "o" to make everything inside its perimeter turn THAT shape. It's all about finding square or rectangle perimeters with the various shapes, and clicking them to eliminate everything that the perimeter encompasses.

Meier

For those asking... 3 9's and an 8 isnt a bad score by any means, but Famitsu has typically been a bit easy on Square-Enix and/or FF titles. I think Crisis Core has a fairly high likelihood of being good, but this doesn't confirm it necessarily.

KiticanaX

Banned
disappeared said:

When you start the game click the middle Japanese text in the main menu it will have a short video showing you what to do. :D

MrDaravon

farnham said:
just out of curiosity.. do you actually enjoy musou games or was his expression too offensive..?

Probably both (I think I remember sporsk posting about the musou games in the DW6 reveal thread). I fucking love me my DW, scans are awesome.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Holy shit, there's combos! Wiped out the whole grid of the color I did a combo with. Hehe, let's continue

about the ads,the most of them are loaded in the browser cache so it makes it less of a pain in the ass now.

Amir0x

Banned
Vic said:
Holy shit, there's combos! Wiped out the whole grid of the color I did a combo with. Hehe, let's continue

isn't it so awesome

sometimes it teases you with its delicate little secrets, and then it adds another slight tiny twist but in reality it's such a massive altercation of the future strategy you must take that you're like :eek:

Every single new shape is actually horrible, horrible... because it means the board will have far more variety in shapes, which means harder to locate rectangle/square perimeters

ethelred

Meier said:
For those asking... 3 9's and an 8 isnt a bad score by any means, but Famitsu has typically been a bit easy on Square-Enix and/or FF titles. I think Crisis Core has a fairly high likelihood of being good, but this doesn't confirm it necessarily.

In comparison to Crisis Core's 35... They gave DQMJ a 36, Children of Mana a 36, Crystal Chronicles a 35, FF3 a 34, Rocket Slime a 34, Chocobo a 33, Revenant Wings a 32.

So there you go. I don't think the Famitsu reviews count for much, but this should let you put it in the proper perspective, good or bad.

Top Bottom