• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.
The far left posts plenty of obnoxious shit, too.

I'm still waiting for some examples of this obnoxious shit. Stuff that's actually true doesn't count.

DSQ5pF0.jpg

I'd love to try and get a bill like this passed. It's not like we have a shortage of guns. I'd just also say something along the lines of how "every person" also includes minorities. Watch the right wing explode as they try to figure out what side of the argument they want to be on.

Pedrito

I love these dumb macros. They're hilarious. I've noticed that the people who post them are usually unable to express an opinion of their own. They usually only post macros, links and quotes.

Paskil

My liberal friends are more annoying with this than my conservative friends. The conservatives definitely win though when it comes to the toxicity of their posts. I am definitely on the left end of the spectrum, but I am rational and everything is not black and white. So long as the shit they're posting isn't super bigoted or outright racist, I am usually willing to attempt to engage them in a discussion to get to the root of their beliefs. Some I unfollow, some I just ignore because they post other stuff I like. I occasionally post issues that can be considered liberal and they put up with it. It's only fair that I do the same.

I'm still waiting for some examples of this obnoxious shit. Stuff that's actually true doesn't count.

GMO related is the most often I see. They're really obnoxious about it, too.

gcubed

I'm genuinely curious about what gets posted from the left. The only thing I can think of is GMO stuff, but I know plenty of conservatives that hold the same views on it.

stufte

I hide anyone who posts this shit, however, I also hide people who post overly liberal political shit.

Overly politically zealous people are fucking annoying.

I'm actually quite surprised at how much buttsex seems important to conservatives here in Colombia since they talk so much about it, moreso than any gay couple I've ever met. Can't find a picture right now though...

Can you really blame where you live and not the people you've friended on Facebook? I mean, it's very easy to friend people from outside of your states.

Paskil

One thing that I've noted, with some humor, is that virulently anti-homosexual people tend to nearly always talk about having the issue "shoved down their throats." It is a very common phrase that I see in almost every news article comment section and whenever I hear peoples reactions, regarding the issue. It's pretty much always men that use the phrase.

I just tick them off as a closeted homophobic homosexual.

These ones are making me laugh so loud, especially the "Islam" one XD

I want these kind of people as friends so I can mock them, everyone's cool on my feed :p

iMax

Personally, I'd say I identify as centre-left but I'm intrigued as to why so many people 'unfollow' or 'unfriend' people with differing political views. Generally I just feel inclined to spark a discussion with them. There's nothing worse than an online echo-chamber.

Personally, I'd say I identify as centre-left but I'm intrigued as to why so many people 'unfollow' or 'unfriend' people with differing political views. Generally I just feel inclined to spark a discussion with them. There's nothing worse than an online echo-chamber.
A lot of this stuff heavily implies bigoted or otherwise hateful views. You can tell a lot about a person via politics.

Primarily for me, the lack of intellectual curiosity or integrity in posting some of the bullshit is what makes me take you off my friends list. If you're ready to believe in an obviously questionable statement because it reinforces a negative view about people or topics you don't understand, and you are indifferent or outright hostile to information that proves it wrong, you're a coward and not someone worth my time.

as someone who is strictly in the middle, holy fuck the posters in this thread as well as the images linked

I mean jesus fucking christ at both sides

Meh, both sides of the aisle are guilty of this. Go to Huffington Post and you'll see a bunch of radical liberal comments. Go to The Blaze and you'll see a bunch of radical conservative comments. Filter them out like the outliers they are.

Aesius

It's going to be interesting to see the political views of the average (non city-dwelling) American once the majority of manufacturing/production/manual labor/service jobs are automated and they have no viable ways of making a living or supporting their families without some sort of government assistance.

psylah

I got one go who posts the most ridiculously stupid pro-gun shit you could possibly imagine. I love it.

v3iwpB8.jpg

There's tons more but chrome crashed on me.

Holy shit, they removed "Israel" from Israel Military Industries and covered it in the American flag...

That subtle anti-semitism...

Their paradigm and context of thinking is completely different. I don't think an arguement would go anywhere. Also, I think more likely than not, they'll unfollow you first if you choose to argue with them, like how ink4n3 earlier in this thread who had his racist aunt block him.

Zaphod

Is anyone going to post the liberal equivalent? I'm actually curious to see what it would look like, and bonus points if its not some Monsanto GMO pic.

op id probably block you on facebook

liberals who go out of their way to point out how stupid conservatives are are just as annoying as vocal conservatives.
This. The other side of the spectrum can be just as annoying.

Most of my friends are liberal, but a few are pretty far on the left. I had a friend who posted this the other day.

eLyc27z.jpg

Most of my friends are liberal, but a few are pretty far on the left. I had a friend who posted this the other day.

http://i.imgur.com/eLyc27z.jpg?1[IMG][/QUOTE]
There really is no good reason to give him a holiday.

Pedrito

Meh, both sides of the aisle are guilty of this. Go to Huffington Post and you'll see a bunch of radical liberal comments. Go to The Blaze and you'll see a bunch of radical conservative comments. Filter them out like the outliers they are.

It's not so much that the opinions are radical, but more that most of these images are ridiculously stupid. It's a festival of false equivalencies.

Ugh this is pretty much my whole family. I lean conservative but this shit is just stupid.
I'm non partisan but lean left on most issues, fiscally and socially. However, I don't have strong opinions about either side as I find both can be insufferable at times. I generally avoid political discussion. I hate extremism on both sides and I have at least one right wing friend who posts these things too but my more extreme liberal friends are just as bad.

I don't know want to get into politics except to say that's one example. When Thanksgiving comes around, it gets worse. :p

My girlfriend's cousins post this shit all damn day. I feel sorry for them, because the gov't in parts has wrong them, and the stuff they see exampled in this topic is like a beacon of light.

It's incredibly ironic and depressing, because they are mexican, their mothers and fathers immigrants themselves.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
it's really amazing how outwardly racist so many conservatives are... the new one floating around is my favorite

ISIS IS BEHEADING AMERICANS AND OBAMA IS PLAYING GOLF

and i'm like, "classic black people! all they want to do is golf instead of work."

and i just hope, i pray, that it causes them to think about what i wrote.

i also like GAFs secret conservatives poking in here... i see u

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Yeah, I don't think attempting to inform people that Columbus was actually a horrible mass murderer is as bad as the other stuff in this thread. I'm sure there's plenty of good stuff (aka stupid shit) posted by the liberal side, but I don't see it that much in my feed. Guess heavily artifacted macros aren't their choice form of expression.

eLyc27z.jpg

See but this isn't a bad idea. The whole mythos about Christopher Columbus is a massive whitewash and covers up a lot of absolutely horrible things that he did, all in the name of blind nationalism.

Yeah, I don't think attempting to inform people that Columbus was actually a horrible mass murderer is as bad as the other stuff in this thread. I'm sure there's plenty of good stuff (aka stupid shit) posted by the liberal side, but I don't see it that much in my feed. Guess heavily artifacted macros aren't their choice form of expression.

Yeah there's plenty of liberal stuff too but it's mostly about GMOs, Monsanto and blood for oil or something. I don't know, they must not get a lot of traction because I almost never see them.

stufte

it's really amazing how outwardly racist so many conservatives are... the new one floating around is my favorite

and i'm like, "classic black people! all they want to do is golf instead of work."

That same argument was leveled against Bush when he was in office. Not exactly the best example of the overt racism from some on the right.

bengraven

Have a really good friend who blocked my Fb posts. We're so close that it's kind of bothersome, but it was out of respect he said.

Apparently he's become very anti-gay marriage lately, so he can't handle the constant gay rights posts that pop up. He says he has zero issues with people being gay, but it's the Christian beliefs thing that he can't overcome though he has spent a lot of time thinking about it, praying, etc.

I can rationalize with that. Then again, he also thinks gay rights are a distraction. That the left really doesn't care, we're using it to distract from the real issues like the economy.

Ya know, I had never seen the "Obama takes too many vacations" talking point as having something to do with his race.

I've seem plenty of blatant and subtle racism levied at the man, but I'm not sure I'd interpret that one in that way. Vacations have been a point of attack against politicians for a long time.

Have a really good friend who blocked my Fb posts. We're so close that it's kind of bothersome, but it was out of respect he said.

Apparently he's become very anti-gay marriage lately, so he can't handle the constant gay rights posts that pop up. He says he has zero issues with people being gay, but it's the Christian beliefs thing that he can't overcome though he has spent a lot of time thinking about it, praying, etc.

I can rationalize with that. Then again, he also thinks gay rights are a distraction. That the left really doesn't care, we're using it to distract from the real issues like the economy.
It's actually completely irrational unless he is being forced to marry a gay person. It's extremely, EXTREMELY arrogant to want to control the lives of others like that, to think your own beliefs should affect their rights.

He says gay rights are a distraction because he doesn't respect them or take them seriously. He is also a hypocrite because I'm sure we can assume that he would consider his rights to be more than a distraction.

FiggyCal

Banned
The GMO thing isn't just a liberal issue. The majority of Americans would like labeling on GMO's and are less likely to buy GMO products that are labeled as such. I'm not even really sure that if it was a liberal issue that it would even be comparable to what the op posted. One extreme wants to ban gay marriage, cut welfare, give guns to everyone, and hates immigrants and the other extreme wants you to eat organic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom