• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

I'd explode on people if they posted shit like I've seen in this thread. Some stuff I see in my Facebook feed is pretty specious (and normally debunked by a well-searched-for Snopes article); most of the stuff I've seen in here is downright moronic.

it's really amazing how outwardly racist so many conservatives are... the new one floating around is my favorite

ISIS IS BEHEADING AMERICANS AND OBAMA IS PLAYING GOLF

and i'm like, "classic black people! all they want to do is golf instead of work."

and i just hope, i pray, that it causes them to think about what i wrote.

i also like GAFs secret conservatives poking in here... i see u

Oh speaking of that, here is a good image I found on my Facebook about that:

mMyqlz1.jpg

It's the whole "Democrats are keeping Blacks oppressed by satiating them with endless welfare instead of teaching them to be self-sufficient" argument.

And so, under Republican policies, the economy would grow under pro-corporate laws and Blacks---now with welfare limits---would "actually get to work" and their culture would "become prosperous."

It's very strange logic, but that's the argument I've heard. Democrats are the "racist ones." And they like to tie in the whole "Democrats = Party of racism for hundreds of years" argument into it.

Wilsongt

mMyqlz1.jpg

It's the whole "Democrats are keeping Blacks oppressed by satiating them with endless welfare instead of teaching them to be self-sufficient."

And so, under Republican policies, the economy would grow under pro-corporate laws and blacks---now with Welfare limits---would "actually get to work" and their culture would "become prosperous."

It's very strange logic, but that's the argument I've heard. Democrats are the "racist ones." And they like to tie in the whole "Democrats = Party of racism for hundreds of years" argument into it.

Lol. The funniest part about people posting this imaging and them believing it, is that they don't realize that right after the Civil Rights Act was passed that is when the Republicans started to become the part they were today.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That same argument was leveled against Bush when he was in office. Not exactly the best example of the overt racism from some on the right.

Ya know, I had never seen the "Obama takes too many vacations" talking point as having something to do with his race.

I've seem plenty of blatant and subtle racism levied at the man, but I'm not sure I'd interpret that one in that way. Vacations have been a point of attack against politicians for a long time.

i should have made that clearer - the vacation thing doesn't have anything to do with race. i wrote my response to them knowing they've got issues with black people.

the reason i know they have issues is the pro police in ferguson / zimmerman stuff that comes from em.

they did have a lovely one where obama spent more time negotiating with osama than he did with congress. i responded by saying it mustve been a hell of a talk since osama is dead (not even getting into the "obstructionist congress" bit) and i was greeted by a "go back to yer country"

mMyqlz1.jpg

It's the whole "Democrats are keeping Blacks oppressed by satiating them with endless welfare instead of teaching them to be self-sufficient."

And so, under Republican policies, the economy would grow under pro-corporate laws and blacks---now with Welfare limits---would "actually get to work" and their culture would "become prosperous."

ohh thats a good one. almost like the classic, "people who bring up race are racist!"

Camwi

I got one go who posts the most ridiculously stupid pro-gun shit you could possibly imagine. I love it.

VJ1H1de.jpg

There's tons more but chrome crashed on me.

That one's particularly depressing. Reminds me of all those people who have guns for their profile picture.

http://i.imgur.com/mMyqlz1.jpg

And so, under Republican policies, the economy would grow under pro-corporate laws and Blacks---now with Welfare limits---would "actually get to work."

This position drives me up the wall because it's completely ignorant of how the parties have changed over time.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'd explode on people if they posted shit like I've seen in this thread. Some stuff I see in my Facebook feed is pretty specious (and normally debunked by a well-searched-for Snopes article); most of the stuff I've seen in here is downright moronic.
I'm lucky I guess since I only have one friend who posts those conservative pics. Most of my friends are either non-political or on the left and not extreme so they don't usually post political memes. I had one friend yesterday post something that got under my skin about bullying and said to "quit raising pussies". Felt like rebutting that but I decided to keep my cool.

.GqueB.

Banned
I don't really get much of those. I'm more offended by all the lists:

4 ways relationships are ruined
20 reasons the Jennifer Lawrence (and ONLY the Jennifer Lawrence leak which happened just now in the year 2014 and is a big issue all of a sudden) is sexual assault.
23 Signs you might be addicted to travel

I hate links to articles in general but these are just irritating.

wigwag85

Banned
I don't really get much of those. I'm more offended by all the lists:

4 ways relationships are ruined
20 reasons the Jennifer Lawrence (and ONLY the Jennifer Lawrence leak which happened just now in the year 2014 and is a big issue all of a sudden) is sexual assault.
23 Signs you might be addicted to travel

I hate links to articles in general but these are just irritating.

13 ways list articles grind your gears.

My liberal friends are more annoying with this than my conservative friends. The conservatives definitely win though when it comes to the toxicity of their posts. I am definitely on the left end of the spectrum, but I am rational and everything is not black and white. So long as the shit they're posting isn't super bigoted or outright racist, I am usually willing to attempt to engage them in a discussion to get to the root of their beliefs. Some I unfollow, some I just ignore because they post other stuff I like. I occasionally post issues that can be considered liberal and they put up with it. It's only fair that I do the same.

GMO related is the most often I see. They're really obnoxious about it, too.
post some

People who pride themselves in their ignorance don't deserve your worry. History has already forgotten them, and so should you.

Apt101

Can just say as a non American I find your right wing party to hilariously funny as it seem that they lack logical thinking. I also find it funny how they seem to be very pro-life but yet also believe in gun right.

Though it must suck for the people who have to endure that crap.

Our right wing politics is really incoherent. It's common to hear them contradict themselves in a single sentence, and they do it often. I am having to deal with this as my 19 year old niece has a conservative streak in her. I find myself laughing with her boyfriend often, who is black and pretty liberal and offended by her at least once a day. I don't know why he puts up with it.

Following the Dan Cathy fiasco, there were liberals on my facebook feed who went to the Chick-fil-A facebook page and deleted every single one of their friends who had it liked.

I recall users here admitting they did the same. Utterly bizarre behavior when it's not even based on people posting about it.

Wiktor

You should make an image asking this question and start posting it all over Facebook.

Facebook is for keeping contact with friends and as th very wise saying suggests friends who want to stay friends, don't discuss religion or politics.

witness

It's part of the reason my wife and I deleted our Facebook. The bullshit that my ignorant relatives post, images like those posted in this thread, just drove us crazy. We were constantly fighting and/or ignoring them. Made me feel really shitty about my family, and sorry for them.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Grow thicker skin, you are feeling mad over someones differing political views. That is called freedom, people fought and died so they can have differing opinions like we have today.

Someone please copy and paste this post into a heavily compressed jpeg.

The only facebook related activity that truly infuriates me and results in instant deletion are game invites. No, I don't want to fucking help you get gems in Farm Frezy or some shit. If there's a hell anyone guilty of that is going straight there, no questions asked.

Wiktor

I'm sure you were smirking quite Jewishly as you typed that, but guns are for protecting life, not ending it.

I know, but if a pregnancy endangers mother's life or health how is abortion any different from self defense? They never can explain that to me.

Most of the shitty left-wing stuff comes from anti free trade sentiment, stupid Commie shit, and overly paternalistic feeling, but both sides believe in conspiracy shit about GMOs and stuff like that. I don't like some liberal talking points, but it's certainly less influential and less damaging than some of the racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, and other bigotry that seems way too prevalent on the right as of this time period.

It's part of the reason my wife and I deleted our Facebook. The bullshit that my ignorant relatives post, images like those posted in this thread, just drove us crazy. We were constantly fighting and/or ignoring them. Made me feel really shitty about my family, and sorry for them.

This is really the worst part of it all. I've been watching my mom destroy relationships with people in her new community over the past few months and it's heartbreaking. She doesn't even live in the country anymore and she just keeps posting this shit on American politics that's unbelievably insensitive, ignorant and borderline racist to the aggravation of her new, mostly liberal, neighbors.

Which posters in this thread are as bad as these pics? Seriously, I want to know.

I lost the third one I was looking for, but

Can just say as a non American I find your right wing party to hilariously funny as it seem that they lack logical thinking. I also find it funny how they seem to be very pro-life but yet also believe in gun right.
Yes, because gun ownership and abortion are somehow comparable arguments. If you wanted to compare the death penalty versus abortion there may have been some merit.

I love to be in the middle of a decent discussion on abortion or gun ownership, but when shit like this comes up it just becomes impossible. Both sides are just completely unreasonable

The sanctity of life only exists when you're an unborn fetus.
Just a useless comment overall, completely ignores everything one side may care about for a sensationalist comment.

I'll edit if I find the other post I was looking for, will leave poster links out

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm sure you were smirking quite Jewishly as you typed that, but guns are for protecting life, not ending it.

Liberals love to rattle off statistics about gun-related violence. Funny how they choose not to share how many lives were saved by guns.

Ecto311

Weird I don't see this shit ever. I have also removed almost half of the people I used to have on here and generally don't associate with them.

Got like 30 people on my facebook and even that feels like too much sometimes.

Liberals love to rattle off statistics about gun-related violence. Funny how they don't choose to share how many lives were saved by guns.
The problem is that gun owners report millions of imaginary home defense incidents per year when total gun homicides according to the fbi are in the five figures. Also the legitimate examples are clouded by the fact that the perpetrator having a gun created the need in the first place.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i need to post pics from my insane cousin who think the government is leaking death into our vaccines. he's super liberal to the point where he believes that "negative thoughts made this jar of water dirty" picture floating around.

and pro welfare im assuming

ugh no, corporate welfare is ruining this country

Love it. In Switzerland:

- Weapons have to be stored in safes. Automatic and semi-automatic weapons have to be disassembled.
- Carrying is illegal.
- Weapons may only be transported in locked containers, to and from shooting ranges.

Non-compliance can lead to up to five years in prison.

well that sounds down right reasonable

wsippel

Banned
I got one go who posts the most ridiculously stupid pro-gun shit you could possibly imagine. I love it.

DSQ5pF0.jpg

There's tons more but chrome crashed on me.
Love it. In Switzerland:

- Weapons have to be stored in safes. Automatic and semi-automatic weapons have to be disassembled.
- Carrying is illegal in general.
- Weapons may only be transported in locked containers, to and from shooting ranges.

Non-compliance can lead to up to five years in prison.

Weird I don't see this shit ever. I have also removed almost half of the people I used to have on here and generally don't associate with them.

Got like 30 people on my facebook and even that feels like too much sometimes.

Well the people that have posted all of the images I shared here are family...so I can't really get rid of anybody without people getting offended. I don't really go on Facebook anymore anyway so...I just keep them for the sake of it.

They're especially anti-Islam, though. They've tried to brainwash me all my life...luckily I've done my best to rise above it.

I guess I should be thankful that I haven't seen any of these pictures. If someone was constantly posting this bullshit they'd be deleted in seconds.

and pro welfare im assuming

I'm for stricter control over welfare. I deal with charity cases for the hospital I work for and make house calls. I've seen some terrible situations where the system is clearly being abused. I'm talking about dirt floors, kids with no shoes and a 60 inch 4k Tv in the living room.

Wiktor

You make a choice to break into a house or rob someone. Babies didn't have a choice in being created. That's the mindset, .

Yes, but insane people also don't make that choice to hurt you and yet they can be killed in self defense, despite not being guilty of anythin.

Seeing all the examples here make me thankful my Facebook feed is pretty clean. My very conservative half brother occasionally posts something anti-Obama and a high school friend of mine who used to go crazy with Anti Gun Control images, mostly the whole argument consisting of how more laws/restrictions=more crime. But it seems ever since I actually confronted him on the whole issue he stopped. Now I usually just have a couple coworkers posting bible passages and praising God's love with metaphors. There's a lot of hit, but it's very tame and doesn't really bother me.

flyover

What are people who claim to be "in the middle" even in the middle of? Do you not pick sides on any issue? Seems like a convenient way of just saying "I'm above it all on every issue," without having to take a stand on anything.

The "in the middle" (or "independent") people I know seem like conservatives who don't want to call themselves Republicans. But maybe that's not the case for most who self-identify as such.

Ramza

Banned
A liberal Muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, a known atheist.

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!"

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied "4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian"

"Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears.

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Small Government" flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi

It's the Semper Fi that gets me every time I read that. I really can't help but laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom