• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protein

Banned
Some of us are unfortunate enough to be living in the Confederate...I mean the southern United States, so 'round these parts it's not hard to find a person or family member (unless you're living in a major city) who genuinely believes Obama is some sort of constitution-destroying tyrant. Every now and then you meet some otherwise nice people, but then when they post stuff like this, how do you react?

Post your favorites!

Ky4XK9x.png

zm6zzW0.jpg

QiIocxW.jpg

EVOL 100%

I don't associate with those kinds of people. Unfollow

My granddad is a hardcore right winger and the rest of the family just goes 'yeah okay dude' whenever he starts one of his rants

ink4n3

I either remove them as a friend or turn off their posts showing up. I had an aunt unfriend me when I called her racist. I try to not post anything political on facebook, but she got under my skin.

Luckily I don't have to put up with this until voting season rolls around.

I find people sharing fake/uncredited articles to be worse though. Spreading misinformation just makes our generation dumber.

Hell, I saw someone share an article that stated "Tupac, now 45, comes out of hiding after 18 years" asking "Is this for real?"

Like, really? C'mon.

Grow thicker skin, you are feeling mad over someones differing political views. That is called freedom, people fought and died so they can have differing opinions like we have today.

I just unfollow them. Shame I have to do that to a few people, but... it's for the best. I just wish I could unfollow people in certain groups I'm in on Facebook.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I don't want to see them on facebook and I don't want to see them here.

I made a post about this earlier this week. I'm sick and fucking tired of people bringing the worst shit possible that most of us try to avoid to the place that is supposed to be a retreat away from this shit.

There is nothing to fucking discuss. Unfollow morons. DERP

Luckily I don't have to put up with this until voting season rolls around.

I find people sharing fake/uncredited articles to be worse though. Spreading misinformation just makes our generation dumber.

Hell, I saw someone share an article that stated "Tupac, now 45, comes out of hiding after 18 years" asking "Is this for real?"

Like, really? C'mon.

Someone on my feed posted this clickhole article saying how creepy it was. His friends commented and agreed.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Can just say as a non American I find your right wing party to hilariously funny as it seem that they lack logical thinking. I also find it funny how they seem to be very pro-life but yet also believe in gun right.

Though it must suck for the people who have to endure that crap.

I don't want to see them on facebook and I don't want to see them here.

I made a post about this earlier this week. I'm sick and fucking tired of people bringing the worst shit possible that most of us try to avoid to the place that is supposed to be a retreat away from this shit.

Can't handle the real world, brah?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Grow thicker skin, you are feeling mad over someones differing political views. That is called freedom, people fought and died so they can have differing opinions like we have today.
Lots of blood has been shed because of close minded people.
Can just say as a non American I find your right wing party to hilariously funny as it seem that they lack logical thinking. I also find it funny how they seem to be very pro-life but yet also believe in gun right.

Though it must suck for the people who have to endure that crap.
The sanctity of life only exists when you're an unborn fetus.

I just unfollow the militant ones like that who post constantly.

Also done it to many liberal sided friends with their constant left bashing pics and posts, or overly atheistic posts.

I want food and cat pictures on my social media fuckers

QiIocxW.jpg

I don't know why, but I think there is a reason the person in this picture is a woman. And the reasoning is probably just as fucked up as the rest of these images.

JDSN

Banned
My brother posts dumbass shit from time to time, I send him articles of people in the military being discharged for posting that kind of crap.

I just unfollow the militant ones like that who post constantly.

Also done it to many liberal sided friends with their constant left bashing pics and posts, or overly atheistic posts.

I want food and cat pictures on my social media fuckers

Yup, I unfollow both extremes - anti-GMO and Constitution freaks.

Halcyon

I find it ironic that you are complaining about people's political leanings on facebook and their use of annoying memes, but at the same time generalize an entire half of the country as awful on a predominantly liberal forum.

Mesoian

Yurp.

Worst I get is a bunch of infograms about Monsato from people who have never, nor will ever, go to Europe and still shop at the same supermarkets everyone else does with the thought process that buying organic is hitting them in the wallet. These are also the same people who listen to Alex Jones seriously.

I can handle them in person as they are my friends but the constant Facebook posts are a little too much.

Bit-Bit

This weekend, I was helping my girlfriend's step dad put up some fences. Well, the step dad's father was also there and at one point he said to me "he's measuring three feet intervals, in this country, we call that a yard. Not like a playground, but a unit of measurement."

I was like .....uh ok.

I'm a 26 year old asian guy and I've been living in the US since I was 2 years old. My english is impeccable and without an accent.

I was more confused then offended.

pubba

I travel to Thailand a lot and usually meet British holidaymakers there when I go out for a drink. Sometimes friendships are formed over a day or two, and the inevitable Facebook linkup happens.

Jesus.. some of these dudes are really racist. My facebook feed was full of anti-Islam, anti-Muslim memes, pictures and rants. Some of them were kind of funny at first because they were so poorly made, and obviously created by someone with a pretty low IQ..

But after a while some of the posts became more and more hateful, so I went through and did a massive cull.

I use to think I could comment and reason with some of these people.... then I learned of the magic of the unfollow button.

kai3345

Banned
op id probably block you on facebook

liberals who go out of their way to point out how stupid conservatives are are just as annoying as vocal conservatives.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This weekend, I was helping my girlfriend's step dad put up some fences. Well, the step dad's father was also there and at one point he said to me "he's measuring three feet intervals, in this country, we call that a yard. Not like a playground, but a unit of measurement."

I was like .....uh ok.

I'm a 26 year old asian guy and I've been living in the US since I was 2 years old. My english is impeccable and without an accent.

I was more confused then offended.
Casually racist old people are like time capsules into the not so distant past.

andycapps

I have a Facebook but never read any posts on it. It's only there if someone wants to get in touch with me for messaging.

I like to share some of the more ridiculous ones my family posts and then me and my friends from school make fun of them.

"We want 3 simple things:
1. Obama: GONE
2. Language: ENGLIS
3. Illegal Immigrants: GONE"

Aurongel

The left wing propaganda is just as bad.

"DOCTORS DISCOVER SMOKING POT REVERSED WOMAN'S ALZHEIMERS AND WHAT SHE SAID AFTER WILL SURPRISE YOU".

But I guess it depends on who you're friends with, my feed is polluted with pro-marijuana college students so I see a lot of the above.

Alchemy

I stop having relationships with those people all together, family or not. Only way for people to learn how being a hateful piece of shit isn't acceptable. Tolerating or even ignoring their bullshit just gives them a pass to continue acting that way.

EYEL1NER

I'm lucky enough to not have anyone like that on my FB I guess. The worst I have is a buddy who always ensures that his handgun is in any picture he takes of his dinner. Like "Mmmmmm, tasty dish I cooked up tonight" and there will be a plate of food on the counter and a gun halfway in the picture. He's a power lifter who is always talking about food, so there are a lot of pictures of food/guns.

DERF

How are these different than all the liberal images I see daily? I personally just ignore both sides of these images.

As annoying as some of them are, I find about 90% of them absolutely hilarious.

Saw a lifted F350 Diesel with huge vertical exhaust pipes driving around town the other day. American flag tailgate. Huge sticker on the back windshield "THIS TRUCK WAS MADE WITH WRENCHES NOT CHOPSTICKS" with an american flag in each corner.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Some of us are unfortunate enough to be living in the Confederate...I mean the southern United States, so 'round these parts it's not hard to find a person or family member (unless you're living in a major city) who genuinely believes Obama is some sort of constitution-destroying tyrant. Every now and then you meet some otherwise nice people, but then when they post stuff like this, how do you react?

Post your favorites!

Ky4XK9x.png

zm6zzW0.jpg

QiIocxW.jpg

I can understand a lot of those images. There seem to be more and more, especially here on GAF, hyper-liberalists coming out of the wood-work.

op id probably block you on facebook

liberals who go out of their way to point out how stupid conservatives are are just as annoying as vocal conservatives.
Nice burn....except the OP never said he was liberal. I think we're all here to have a good laugh at crazy images. Not play the "...but you're just as bad!" game.

massoluk

Banned
My sister wasn't racist or anything, but it's pretty cringeworthy when she used her less than stellar English to chastise other people for being uneducated and easily manipulated.

"Go education stupid people"

Bacon

I absolutely despise political crap on facebook in either direction. You'll never convince anyone to change their belief by posting some annoying biased image on social media.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If I've learned anything from this thread it's that I'm very fortunate to not be friends with any idiots. Sounds like it's harder to avoid than I thought. And to be clear I'm not calling them idiots for the content of their beliefs but for the manner in which they express them.

I absolutely despise political crap on facebook in either direction. You'll never convince anyone to change their belief by posting some annoying biased image on social media.
Agreed. I always want to say this to my friend's who post dumb shit, but then I realize I'm not going to convince them either. I count backwards from 10 and move on. And by dumb shit, I mean things like "We need to get our guns out and start a revolution".

I just saw one of my friend's posting a picture with a quote pretty much defending the racist from Duck Dynasty.
Best one circulating right now:
5M3NOmf.jpg
Gotta gear up the war machine against Hilary nice and early. 2016 is only 2 years away!

anybody who posts this lame shit, whether it be liberal, conservative, whatever, is fucking lame and not someone I want cluttering up my already-full-of-stupid-shit feed. unfriend or unfollow.

Kettch

I don't use Facebook, but if I did I would probably see plenty of those. My family is heavily Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom